Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Anyone got any ideas on who are good to start with?

Just finished my Newcastle season, finished 9th and was asked to avoid relegation. Wasn't as challenging as I'd hoped!

Douglas Costa is quite special :blush: I struggle with who to pick in my midfield 5 with Gerrard, Raul Meireles, Hamsik, Douglas Costa, Lavezzi and Suarez all fighting for places whilst Andy Carroll starts up top by himself, then I have an unreal 17 year old called Suso who gets the odd game. Defence is a struggle as well with Agger, Cahill, Alex Sandro, Carragher, Wilson and Phil Jones all good enough to start. Picking my starting XI is such a dilemma every time! Suppose it's better to have too many than not enough :rolleyes:

Douglas Costa is quite special :blush: I struggle with who to pick in my midfield 5 with Gerrard, Raul Meireles, Hamsik, Douglas Costa, Lavezzi and Suarez all fighting for places whilst Andy Carroll starts up top by himself, then I have an unreal 17 year old called Suso who gets the odd game. Defence is a struggle as well with Agger, Cahill, Alex Sandro, Carragher, Wilson and Phil Jones all good enough to start. Picking my starting XI is such a dilemma every time! Suppose it's better to have too many than not enough :rolleyes:

City just bought him from Liverpool on my Stevenage game for 10.5m for thier first season in the prem.

My Boro chairman is a dick. Sold Ben Mee for 400k to Hull. Knob. Leaves me with only Mikey Bostwick as a starting championship quality CB. Having an absolute mare trying to sign players in season 3. Options are so limited.

Picked up Assulin and Spearing on frees and what looks like a monster up front from Slovakia called Kormer i think. Only other signing of note is Shoqdan Mustaphi from Everton on a free whose now gonna have to play more than id hoped. Having to scour the loanees, none of which want to come (including Waggy and Vokes who was on loan last season). Annoyingly close to signing a quality looking ex dutch international whose onl 25 from VVV but out on wages by like £500 with no wiggle room. Zat Knight's being a dick as well.

Sold loads of players as well who were League 1 only, expecting to be able to buy easily. No real options up front, desperate for a CB and need options on the wing and at RB in case Lamey gets injured again.

Most annoying transfer window of my life.

Anyone reccomend a two team one? Me and my mate have been Celtic and Rangers and are now looking for another one, but cant decide on who to be.

AC/Inter

Arsenal/Spurs

Man Ure/Man Shitty are the obvious ones.

If it's edited to the latest season - Sheff Weds/Sheff Utd might be good.

Anyone reccomend a two team one? Me and my mate have been Celtic and Rangers and are now looking for another one, but cant decide on who to be.

AC/Inter

Arsenal/Spurs

Man Ure/Man Shitty are the obvious ones.

If it's edited to the latest season - Sheff Weds/Sheff Utd might be good.

Dortmund and Schalke. :thumbup:

City just bought him from Liverpool on my Stevenage game for 10.5m for thier first season in the prem.

My Boro chairman is a dick. Sold Ben Mee for 400k to Hull. Knob. Leaves me with only Mikey Bostwick as a starting championship quality CB. Having an absolute mare trying to sign players in season 3. Options are so limited.

Picked up Assulin and Spearing on frees and what looks like a monster up front from Slovakia called Kormer i think. Only other signing of note is Shoqdan Mustaphi from Everton on a free whose now gonna have to play more than id hoped. Having to scour the loanees, none of which want to come (including Waggy and Vokes who was on loan last season). Annoyingly close to signing a quality looking ex dutch international whose onl 25 from VVV but out on wages by like £500 with no wiggle room. Zat Knight's being a dick as well.

Sold loads of players as well who were League 1 only, expecting to be able to buy easily. No real options up front, desperate for a CB and need options on the wing and at RB in case Lamey gets injured again.

Most annoying transfer window of my life.

Chicken :ph34r: ?

Was trying to think of another foreign one maybe Ajax/PSV but couldn't be arsed to work too hard for it.

Real/Barca? :dunno:

Olympiakos/Panathinaikos

Anderlecht/Standard Liège

Spartak/CSKA Moscow

Lyon/Marseille

Benfica/Porto

Unless you were just going for city rivalries...

Real/Barca? :dunno:

Olympiakos/Panathinaikos

Anderlecht/Standard Liège

Spartak/CSKA Moscow

Lyon/Marseille

Benfica/Porto

Unless you were just going for city rivalries...

Its early and im hungover and i dont want to play this game anymore.

Im beyond gutted. Still. Football Manager should not affect people like this.

Hit me up with 3rd season bargains to make me feel better.

m'fraid I'm a bit out of the loop atm. Haven't played FM in a while and then it was my Vauxhall game (in the middle of the LEague One season I think) so it probably won't be of much help to you... ?

m'fraid I'm a bit out of the loop atm. Haven't played FM in a while and then it was my Vauxhall game (in the middle of the LEague One season I think) so it probably won't be of much help to you... ?

Well Stevenage are barely above Vauxhall standard tbh.

Lot of managers seem to hate me now, talking absolute bullshit.

Played palace in fa cup, won 9-0 and palace manager Paul Jewell gives that whole "Big team not as good as everyone thinks" comment. I've just beaten your side 9-0, were you expecting much worse then?

Then after beating palermo 2-1 in the CL rd of 16 first leg, palermo manager suggests i should stop passing it around so much and actually take a shot, i've been in charge for 4 years (came in Feb 2011) and in that time we've scored 707 goals in all competitions, I think my style of play is fine.

Meanwhile got to laugh at hull & coventry - hull are bottom of L1 while Cov are 3 points clear of the L1 drop zone with 11 games left.

Just started my 2nd season as Huddersfield. Managed to win promotion after finishing second to Peterborough last year.

League 1 Season

Had a bit of a a change around as my chairman gave me almost 2 million to spend on transfers (may have gone about 8k over on wages though, oops).

Team For the Champ

Unfortunately, just lost my first game in the championship after a last minute corner! Hoping for mid table, so here goes lol.

Ps. no images as the bloody forum keeps telling me i can't upload in any format.

I'm currently on a mission

Started at Shaktar with my reputation as automatic. Won the League

Moved on to Zenit and won the league

Went Juventus half way through the 3rd season and pulled them up the table, but with the big players like buffon retiring and no funds. I took a chance and went for the inter job.

Became inter manager at end of the 3rd season won the champions league. Won the league in the 4th season. retired as england manager as main players were getting old and couldnt be bothered. Got offered spain job, which i turned down. Pep guardiola then took the spain job and i was offered the Barca job. where i have stayed and for the past 3 season. Rebuilt in my 1st season there, won back to back titles. Had the chance to go Arsenal but have an amazing team at Barca and can't make myself leave to win the league in the next country.

If you geet the chance sign Miralem Pjanic. I had him at shaktar and toyed with the idea of signing him for inter. Decided against it thinking he wouldnt be good enough for what shaktar wanted. Liverpool signed him and he keeps getting world player of the year.

I'm getting to the stage now where all my signings are kids, just bringing them through the ranks and replacing the old players, a couple at a time.

Can't wait for the new fm, first game Leicester is a must!!!!!!!!!

Managed to get Leicester promoted first time of asking finishing 2nd. I've had a very productive pre season with the signings of Jason Steele, Scott Dann, Raphael Varane, Cheik M'Bengue, Naughton, Henri Lansbury, Sergio Araujo and the cherry on the cake Neymar!! Hopefully good enough for my prem assault!

Just started my 2nd season as Huddersfield. Managed to win promotion after finishing second to Peterborough last year.

League 1 Season

Had a bit of a a change around as my chairman gave me almost 2 million to spend on transfers (may have gone about 8k over on wages though, oops).

Team For the Champ

Unfortunately, just lost my first game in the championship after a last minute corner! Hoping for mid table, so here goes lol.

Ps. no images as the bloody forum keeps telling me i can't upload in any format.

the best formation to use at huddersfield is 4-3-3 and set team instructions to 'Control' something like this -- http://i54.tinypic.com/21dr7mv.png

i used that formation and won the league, losing only 6 games and beat second placed southampton 7-0!

if you need a right back, look at Calum Woods from Dumfermline can also play at CB.

Well Stevenage are barely above Vauxhall standard tbh.

I realise it's a bit late. Here are my 3rd season Vaux dealings:

Mike Tullberg, Nicolas Höfler, Francesco Di Gennaro, Christopher Lamprecht, René Gewelke, Nicolás Medina, Andreas Brysch, Victor Curto, Mehdi Taouil, Christian Tiboni, Carlinos (AMC/ST) and got Stephen Pearson in March. All on free. Bold ones are highly recommended.

Also loaned Ryan Donaldson, Matt Newnham, Steve Irwin (singed permanently next season, good potential), Nathan Rooney, Aziz Deen-Conteh and Sean McGinty

Archived