Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

the best formation to use at huddersfield is 4-3-3 and set team instructions to 'Control' something like this -- http://i54.tinypic.com/21dr7mv.png

i used that formation and won the league, losing only 6 games and beat second placed southampton 7-0!

if you need a right back, look at Calum Woods from Dumfermline can also play at CB.

The only reason I used an AMC instead of a DM is because i had Simon Cox on loan and he was brilliant there, and this year i havn't really found anyone i thought was decent enough in my budget. I've got my team now, no more transfer budget so it's either make or break now lol. Just working out whether my team is good enough to attack, or I need to make a more defensive formation.

Managed to get Leicester promoted first time of asking finishing 2nd. I've had a very productive pre season with the signings of Jason Steele, Scott Dann, Raphael Varane, Cheik M'Bengue, Naughton, Henri Lansbury, Sergio Araujo and the cherry on the cake Neymar!! Hopefully good enough for my prem assault!

Sergio Araujo gets amazing. He was at barca when i got there, but far down the pecking order and after the arrival of the little pea that is javier hernandez. I sold him for 10m to PSG. He was banging them in for free as i kept an eye on him and has just moved to Juventus for 15m. Brilliant signing for you.

I'm currently on a mission

Started at Shaktar with my reputation as automatic. Won the League

Moved on to Zenit and won the league

Went Juventus half way through the 3rd season and pulled them up the table, but with the big players like buffon retiring and no funds. I took a chance and went for the inter job.

Became inter manager at end of the 3rd season won the champions league. Won the league in the 4th season. retired as england manager as main players were getting old and couldnt be bothered. Got offered spain job, which i turned down. Pep guardiola then took the spain job and i was offered the Barca job. where i have stayed and for the past 3 season. Rebuilt in my 1st season there, won back to back titles. Had the chance to go Arsenal but have an amazing team at Barca and can't make myself leave to win the league in the next country.

If you geet the chance sign Miralem Pjanic. I had him at shaktar and toyed with the idea of signing him for inter. Decided against it thinking he wouldnt be good enough for what shaktar wanted. Liverpool signed him and he keeps getting world player of the year.

I'm getting to the stage now where all my signings are kids, just bringing them through the ranks and replacing the old players, a couple at a time.

Can't wait for the new fm, first game Leicester is a must!!!!!!!!!

THE Steve Claridge of Football Manager :ph34r:

I realise it's a bit late. Here are my 3rd season Vaux dealings:

Mike Tullberg, Nicolas Höfler, Francesco Di Gennaro, Christopher Lamprecht, René Gewelke, Nicolás Medina, Andreas Brysch, Victor Curto, Mehdi Taouil, Christian Tiboni, Carlinos (AMC/ST) and got Stephen Pearson in March. All on free. Bold ones are highly recommended.

Also loaned Ryan Donaldson, Matt Newnham, Steve Irwin (singed permanently next season, good potential), Nathan Rooney, Aziz Deen-Conteh and Sean McGinty

Cheers treacle. Having an awful season as expected. 2nd from bottom after 10 games. Im rarely losing but i can't finish a game off and keep drawing.

Although i have now got the Tunch on loan.

The only reason I used an AMC instead of a DM is because i had Simon Cox on loan and he was brilliant there, and this year i havn't really found anyone i thought was decent enough in my budget. I've got my team now, no more transfer budget so it's either make or break now lol. Just working out whether my team is good enough to attack, or I need to make a more defensive formation.

haha, in that case - good luck :thumbup:

i tend to make my own training schedule for strikers and make sure they up to scratch because they always miss to many sitters haha

You might be able to pick up Josmar Zambrano.

Not on my database but thanks for the suggestion.

Had a slightly better run lately but into November im still in the relegation zone. Cannot get out. Terrible season so far.

Trying to bring the younger players through now so hopefully next season goes better.

Sebak

Lamey/Chimbonda - Tunchev - Bostwick - Dudgeon

Spearing/Norwood/Raggio Garibaldi - Bostock/Petrucci

Lua Lua - Assulin

Borini - Jose/Waghorn

Oh chuzwoncers, 3 of my 5 senior strikers (well i say senior - they're 19, 18 & 16 respectively, they just play the most regularly) are out injured for the next month, missing the 2nd CL 1/4 final leg, FA cup semi, 3 league games & poss. CL semi finals.

Had to call up my youth team strikers instead.

on the plus side I've won the title, being reliably informed in the pre-match advice that "We need 0 points to guarantee we win the league".

hells yeah, beat real madrid 2-1 on the night, 2-1 on aggregate to qualify for CL semis, beat WHU 4-2 to reach FA cup final.

Likely to get absolutely raped in CL semis though, drawn v leverkusen who are just insane, beat barca 4-0 at the nou camp in the quarters.

Just did Mourinho at his own game. After beating Real 4-0 at home in the group stages with Spurs in my 4th season, we went into the last game of the group needing not to lose to top the group. Didnt want to miss out and come second again as last time I got Madrid in the knock out and went out.

Played 4-3-2-1 a tactic I sometimes use against the bigger teams away from home, and I got a 0-0 draw with me playing counter attack and defending most of the game, though could have even won it. Hoping for a good second round game now!

Just played Leicester in the second season of my Huddersfield game. Apparently Sven got sacked last year, they now have John Toshack in charge, and sit 23rd the Championship with this team:

LC

lol. Although i did lose to two steve howard headers from corners lol

Just played Leicester in the second season of my Huddersfield game. Apparently Sven got sacked last year, they now have John Toshack in charge, and sit 23rd the Championship with this team:

LC

lol. Although i did lose to two steve howard headers from corners lol

Has anyone ever gone a season without seeing Sven get sacked?! Everytime he gets sacked by Xmas on my games, he just cant be very good!

I need a challenge... im all out of ideas and ready for 2012, someone give me one final game I can fall in love with.....

Pick someone in league 2 with a few good youth players and get them to the prem. Stevenage is a good game with Michael Bostwick getting very good very quickly.

Check on the editor for the team with the most potentially good players maybe?

The AI is just shit with Leicester. They spend millions of crap players.

Aye lol

Sign no end of shite French, Dutch and Spanish players, all at like £500k-£1mil, about 7/8 of them, and they're completely mediocre, it's embarrassing.

One career however I saw this shite take LCFC to third in the Premier half way through the SECOND season :blink:

I've just checked my Game Status screen and this current game has over 5 days game play...

Anyway, currently in 2023 having managed Leicester (2010-2018), England (2018-2020) and Everton (2020-2022 present). Oh the joys of GCSE's being over!

Acheivements so far:

League Cup (2013, 2017)

FA Cup (2015)

Premier League (2018)

Club World Championship (2016)

European Super Cup (2016)

Community Shield (2015)

Uefa Cup (2014, 2015)

Champions League (2016)

I'm by no means a FM pro, this has just been a very successful game for me, but despite winning everything possible for Leicester, I'm still not considered a "Club Legend". And 4 years after leaving Leicester i'm pleased to say they've continued my legacy (I was replaced by Ancelotti) and are the 2nd biggest club in England, currently sitting 4th in December 2022, 5 points behind my Everton team in 2nd :whistle:

Enjoying my Liverpool save, won the Euro Cup and FA cup in my first season, finished 4th in the league after a hectic last day where I was 2nd at one point but it wasn't to be. Had to play a "best placed playoff" to qualify for the Champions League which I lost to bloody Spartak Moscow! But then went on a rampage in the group stages of the Euro Cup, beat Partizan 5-0 at Anfield and 7-0 at their ground with Luis Suarez bagging a double hat-trick after not scoring for the previous 14 games! Won all my other games in the group stages as well. Lying 6th in the league at the end of November, plagued by injuries so far this season which have all been on my best players. Bought Hulk for £29m :ph34r: then after 6 games he gets injured for 3 months :mad: Douglas Costa is still absolutely smashing it, probably the best young player I've ever had on FM, scores goals for fun considering he's a midfielder and only 21. Oh also beat Norwich 9-0 in the league.

Strangely Florist won the League Cup (in the 1st season) after beating none other than Colchester on pens after the latter knocked both me and Chelski out in the previous 2 rounds, not bad for a league 1 team who finished 14th.

Came 3rd with Spurs in my 4th season, each season going up a place, 6th in the first, 5th in second, 4th in 3rd now 3rd in my fourth season.

Went out to Utd in the Semis of the League Cup before they also beat me on away goals in the champions League. Lost the final of the FA Cup to Liverpool who retained it following last seasons win too.

Really need to win something, gutted I didnt win either the League or FA Cup.

Beat Arsenal on penalties in the FA Cup semi after drawing 5-5 in normal and extra time! Never been involved in such a ding dong game.

Archived