Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

:angry:. BASTARD. Flower of scotland :trumpet:

You're england & leicester number 2 behind a singaporean lad from leicesters academy who now represents england. Is that what you want - 2nd choice international?

However guardiola rates you better than joe hart.

Edit: Ooh, A Journalist from BBC Leicester has just asked me whether I'm one of the greatest managers of all time, and one of the options was: "I am a special one".

Scottish e-Mourinho.:cool:

Time for another round of ...

GUESS THE SCORE!!

I've picked up my Vauxhall game a couple of days ago, around midway through season 4 (in League One). Meet Championship Portsmouth in the FA Cup 4th round, see if you can guess the score

Vauxhall X - X Portsmouth @ Rivacre Park, 1 Feb 2014

17 - 7 Shots

8 - 3 On Target

0 - 1 Woodwork

3 - 0 Clear Cut Chances

1 - 3 Long Shots

43 - 57 Possession %

6 - 4 Corners

17 - 18 Free Kicks

3 - 3 Offsides

2 - 2 Yellow C

0 - 0 Red C

Answer:

vauxports.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Got absolutely mullered in the 5th round at home to Fulham though. Looking very good for fouth straight promotion being seven points ahead of third-placed Ipswich with five games to go. Contrary to other seasons though, this one has been marked by very succesful loans. It proved very hard to attract better players than I had acquired in League Two, so I had to resort to loanees. Four out of my five best players so far have been loans (can very highly recommend Matthew Pearson and Alex Billington at this level). Absurdly though, despite having only spent 58k + having increased my transfer budget while keeping wages very low (20-22k from 26k possible), it looks like I'll lose money this season. Main reasons are the fact I was drawn at home in every FA Cup round to my great regret and that I won (!) the JPT. I now realize I should've thrown the final as it cost me more in bonuses than what I got from the prize money! Ridiculous...

Finished my 2nd season with Liverpool in 5th, had an absolute stinker from start to end, didn't win a thing except from the Super Cup 2-1 against Barca. Only bought 2 players in the window, splashed the cash on Edinson Cavani (what a player!), who has scored 18 in 17 games so far this season (3rd season), and Sotiris Ninis who is proving quite handy on the wing when he gets a chance. Midfield is well too packed with options in Hamsik, Gerrard, Meireles, Van der Vaart, Hulk, Douglas Costa, Lavezzi, Suarez and Ninis all as good as each other! And then Phil Jones who can cover in midfield really well, as well as Alex Sandro.

Summer was horrible with offers for pretty much every single one of those midfielders every single day but I just don't want to get rid of any of them, although I'm kinda hoping Gerrard retires soon so I have 1 less to think about.

Oh and I decided for some absurd reason it would be a good idea to take the England job on the side of my Liverpool job, lasted 3 games, 3 losses against Montenegro, Latvia and Macedonia before I jacked it in and resigned.

Doing well in the league for a pleasant change, got 2 games in hand and I'm 2 points behind Chelsea who are 1st after 13 games. Won my 4th round qualifying game against Helsingborg 13-1 (agg) after going 7-0 up in the first leg, away from home at half time!

Answer:

vauxports.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Got absolutely mullered in the 5th round at home to Fulham though. Looking very good for fouth straight promotion being seven points ahead of third-placed Ipswich with five games to go. Contrary to other seasons though, this one has been marked by very succesful loans. It proved very hard to attract better players than I had acquired in League Two, so I had to resort to loanees. Four out of my five best players so far have been loans (can very highly recommend Matthew Pearson and Alex Billington at this level). Absurdly though, despite having only spent 58k + having increased my transfer budget while keeping wages very low (20-22k from 26k possible), it looks like I'll lose money this season. Main reasons are the fact I was drawn at home in every FA Cup round to my great regret and that I won (!) the JPT. I now realize I should've thrown the final as it cost me more in bonuses than what I got from the prize money! Ridiculous...

Thats both amazing and ridiculous.

Thats both amazing and ridiculous.

Yeah, rarely have I had two such insane matches and then they both happen in the same season! Promotion secured with two games to go :cool: anxious about the next season. The club is progressing too slowly: facilities are still shit, my stadium is tiny, and I'm struggling to attract players of a high enough calibre. To have a chance of achieving my goal I'll need to get promoted from the Champo at the first time of asking :S

Why can't i ask my board for a new stadium/expansion?

I've got the walkers up to 42k capacity and selling that out for the past 2 seasons. Of my 19 league games last year, 18 were sell-outs, average attendance 99% of capacity. Clubs finances are fine and yet the "Build New Stadium" option in the boardroom request is greyed out.

England are ****ing *****.

I have 5 keepers at the club, they called 4 of them up for the youth teams (only 2 of these are actually english - 1 is singaporean and has been poached, also 1 scot) and so I'm left with just 1 keeper available for my final game before the october international break. I supply englands best players, way to bite the hand that feeds you pep.

Granted their first game was the day after but the germans and french had also called up a few players and had games on the same day and yet let those players stay to play for their club side. Just imagine that england - nations actually having respect for their club side, preposterous isn't it?

Oh dear what a dreadful pre-season this is turning out to be transfer-wise. I'm struggling to get anything in, even the loans I had last season. Two of them have blankly rejected coming, despite them both having my team as a favourite and me having been promoted and probably greatly increased my rep through the cup and league double. And the two others I've managed to get in, I've had to pay their full wages and a combined £400k in loan fees. What the ... ? <_<

So far I've managed to bring in Russotto and Borja as the only 'stars', with the most bitter of blow coming when a work permit for Langerak was rejected despite him having amassed 33 caps :angry: He would've been a fantastic coup as well as a much-needed strengthening of the GK position. Now I have to make to with a completely unknown old Romanian. So on the balance of things, I estimate my team to be only marginally stronger than last season's squad. I have no idea how I'll get promotion with this lot!

Oh massive cuntybollocks.

I was reviewing Leicesters finances and there appears to have been a glitch in my game which sees me with these loans and repayment set up:

Loanrepayments.png

to say I'm being overcharged by the bank is an understatement - how do I fix this?

Oh massive cuntybollocks.

I was reviewing Leicesters finances and there appears to have been a glitch in my game which sees me with these loans and repayment set up:

Loanrepayments.png

to say I'm being overcharged by the bank is an understatement - how do I fix this?

Bloody hell!!! That some loan shark you've used there. lol

Bloody hell!!! That some loan shark you've used there. lol

aye, I nearly shat bricks when i saw the bottom one.

I'm paying back 17.5 times the amount borrowed each month.

Might have to download one of those in-game editors and remove those loans repayments - I've repayed them both, and then some.

Despite finishing with 92 points, I only came second in the Premier with Spurs. Scored 90 odd goals too but that wasnt even the most scored either.

So unlucky. Any other season I'd have won the league.

Finished 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, and now 2nd. Hopefully 1st next season.

aye, I nearly shat bricks when i saw the bottom one.

I'm paying back 17.5 times the amount borrowed each month.

Might have to download one of those in-game editors and remove those loans repayments - I've repayed them both, and then some.

But the loan is a 'deficit' loan (in brackets) just like the repayments. It basically says that you get 7,5mil per month :unsure::blink:

Despite finishing with 92 points, I only came second in the Premier with Spurs. Scored 90 odd goals too but that wasnt even the most scored either.

So unlucky. Any other season I'd have won the league.

Finished 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, and now 2nd. Hopefully 1st next season.

DUDE

This is seriously weak, I won the league in my first season with Spurs, 2nd in the 2nd because Utd were Champs, then bought Rooney and just dominated the third, got bored and quit

You can't lose with a 4 -2-3-1 formation, Bale, Lennon, VDV, Modric and 1 excellent signing are an incredible midfield.

Well, I'm proper bitter about this result. Was up against a full strength Liverpool side in the League Cup 2nd round. After getting mullered in the first half but somehow limiting the damage to one goal, my lads turn it around and completely dominate the second half. Could and should've won the game, but unfortunately Reina was in inspired form. The fitness difference told in extra-time and even then their winner was very fortuitous. Screenies:

vauxliv1.jpg

vauxliv2.jpg

They had 7 clear cut chances to your 2! How was it unfair on you? lol

Didn't say it was unfair. Besides I don't know if you remember the stats I posted for a Vauxhall match against Ipswich where the stats were reversed in my favour yet I still lost 6-2. The game still owes me for that one :P I'm bitter because I never thought I stood a chance and don't feel I got just rewards for the performance. That Vauxhall team is so vastly inferior in terms of quality, but they still managed to pin Liverpool back for over 45 minutes and take the game into ET. Yes, I was lucky their strikers were misfiring, then again Reina worked wonders for them.

Yuki Abe's agent is requesting a new contract, which I renewed. I then get a message saying his work permit has been turned down? His Agent then request a contract again this has happened three times now, any advice on how to get around this with making Abe un happy?

But the loan is a 'deficit' loan (in brackets) just like the repayments. It basically says that you get 7,5mil per month :unsure::blink:

so why in my expenditure section did it say loan repayments and interest - 7.5 million each month?

Regardless, which ever way the money is going, it's massively ****ed up shit.

so why in my expenditure section did it say loan repayments and interest - 7.5 million each month?

Regardless, which ever way the money is going, it's massively ****ed up shit.

It's messed up alright. And I don't know why.

Me and my mate have had a 2 player game going as Gillingham and Rotherham.

We both got off to decent starts in League 2, with him leading the way before he then drew a few in a row whilst I stormed the league ending up with 101 points and 111 goals, 45 scored by Febian Brandy (and 20 odd scored by the on loan Norwich man Cody McDonald, who IO couldnt resign the next season). In reality I should have got about 110 points minimum, Rotherham ended up coming second with 90 odd points.

Leauge 1, with again no money, was a very different story. Rotherham lose their first seven games in a row. I draw 5/6 and pick up one win, and sit above the relegation zone just, depsite not losing. Rotherham's form contin ues whilst I slip into the bottom 4 once. At this point we had a few injury/selection problems. Brandy was out for 3 months and I had to rely on less better strikers, whilst Le Fondre gets injured for him and Chris Porter couldnt be reguistered for league games.

I was still really hard to beat but drew too many, whislt Rotherham were just poor. With results going against us, I then found myself winning all my must win games around teams below me, putting a few places between me and the relgation zone, but there was amazingly only a couple of points in it, separating 7 teams.

Rotherham, now with Le Fondre back and Porter registered, suddenly picked up and started to make the impossible improbable, but the shocking start and massive gap looked too big to get over. I also then went and won 4/5 games and found myself a very credible 14th, not bad for a team who was predicted to come last by the media prediction on the info screen.

We have about 6 games left, and Rotherham after losing must win games against Walsall and already relegated Wycombe, look doomed, as althought mathematically not impossible, in reality it is. Gillingham should be safe, just really want to finish top half now, though any where mid table is a fantastic season.

Really need Brandy to stay fit all next season, and then will look to bring in some more quality players and I hope to make the PO's, whilst Rotherham, if my mate isnt sacked, will hope to come straight back up.

Really enjoyable game at the minute though!

Archived