Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Edinson Cavani finished the season with 48 goals in 50 games, he is absolute next level. Sotiris Ninis is a good little player out on the wing as well, if you can get him for anything less than £12m you're really onto a winner, his corners always seem to be dispatched by either Gary Cahill, Daniel Agger or Phil Jones who each get at least 10 goals a season from the back. Gary Cahill is probably one of the best defenders I've bought on FM in recent times, his stats aren't all that but he always seems to put in top performances which I don't understand but I'm not complaining.

I'm surprised I'm not bored yet, I usually hate managing good teams but I'm actually really enjoying it. Just in October in my 4th season and I've agreed to buy Jack Wilshere who is for some reason only in the Arsenal reserves for a rip off price of £23m, it's really time to sell some midfielders, I'm permanently adding to the midfield but never taking away.

Edinson Cavani finished the season with 48 goals in 50 games, he is absolute next level. Sotiris Ninis is a good little player out on the wing as well, if you can get him for anything less than £12m you're really onto a winner, his corners always seem to be dispatched by either Gary Cahill, Daniel Agger or Phil Jones who each get at least 10 goals a season from the back. Gary Cahill is probably one of the best defenders I've bought on FM in recent times, his stats aren't all that but he always seems to put in top performances which I don't understand but I'm not complaining.

I'm surprised I'm not bored yet, I usually hate managing good teams but I'm actually really enjoying it. Just in October in my 4th season and I've agreed to buy Jack Wilshere who is for some reason only in the Arsenal reserves for a rip off price of £23m, it's really time to sell some midfielders, I'm permanently adding to the midfield but never taking away.

I've been playing Vauxhall for so long now that I can't even remotely relate to £12mil and £23mil 'bargains'. Sounds more to me like you're getting ripped off :whistle:

Speaking of Vauxhall, I'm stuttering along in the Champo. Almost halfway and I'm just outside the playoff spots and unable to string some results together. Some harsh injuries (Romanian goalie out for 6 weeks and was down to one fullback in my entire team including the youths at one point) and an overall lack of quality means I haven't been able to kill off teams in games I've dominated. I'm still within touch of the auto spots and now is usually when my team kicks into gear, but Forest, Leicester, Newcastle and runaway leaders Sheff Utd :huh: will be hard to overtake.

I've been playing Vauxhall for so long now that I can't even remotely relate to £12mil and £23mil 'bargains'. Sounds more to me like you're getting ripped off :whistle:

Speaking of Vauxhall, I'm stuttering along in the Champo. Almost halfway and I'm just outside the playoff spots and unable to string some results together. Some harsh injuries (Romanian goalie out for 6 weeks and was down to one fullback in my entire team including the youths at one point) and an overall lack of quality means I haven't been able to kill off teams in games I've dominated. I'm still within touch of the auto spots and now is usually when my team kicks into gear, but Forest, Leicester, Newcastle and runaway leaders Sheff Utd :huh: will be hard to overtake.

Nooo, I meant I was getting ripped off for Jack Wilshere, but if I've got the money there to spend, it would be rude not to. I know what you mean though managing a lower league team, I do enjoy that and will probably get back into my Wimbledon save soon.

STEAL! How was he for you?

Well I'm in my 5th season with Spurs now, and he is still here, worth £5.5 million.

He has always been used in a squad rotation with Aaron Lennon, swapping them around for the RM position in the diamond formation. He should be used as a Att Midfielder really, but I have toio many other people there.

He has played about 20 games on average a season, and one season he had an amazing return of 14 assists from the right. Doesnt score many, but has been decent for me.

I have bought too many youngsters really so he cant nail down a place, but he ahs been good for me.

SotirisNinisHistory_CareerStats.png

SotirisNinisProfile_Attributes.png

How does ANYONE perform with LCFC in the Prem in the first year.

I'll dick the Championship every time, yet when I get to the Prem, we become totally useless, despite making signings that really should perform.

Currently 18th, not one bit impressed.

How does ANYONE perform with LCFC in the Prem in the first year.

I'll dick the Championship every time, yet when I get to the Prem, we become totally useless, despite making signings that really should perform.

Currently 18th, not one bit impressed.

I finished 6th in my 1st season in the prem :thumbup: haven't been on fm11 in ages though

Might sound like a stupid question, but I've downloaded the patch for Januarys transfers as I've only just been bothered to play this for the first time, but how do I install it? I have a Mac by the way.

For windows it's just a simple double click to open the patch & then click "update" or "install" - something like that. Can't imagine it would be too much different on a mac.

Euro '16 groups drawn - Scotland with sweden, Czech republic & Slovakia (nice and easy) while england have portugal, germany & turkey. Also wales qualified but they'll finished bottom of their group so it doesn't matter who they drew.

I will be editing Leicester in the database soon so we have all our new players and The King Power stadium etc.

I intend to do exactly this :thumbup: Just waiting on another striker though.. CMON :sge: This is kinda like important :whistle:

Anyone else bought tom cairney from hull managed to get him for 2 million when I got promoted to the prem with huddersfield (I know) been struggling all season lying in 18th with only 6 points from 7 games, yet he has been banging them in from cm 7 in 7 quality player in an otherwise poor prem team, not to mention his potential ability is now 4.5 stars

We've picked up a little, now sit in 13th, following a draw with Man City (which we should've won) and a win over Newcastle.

Funny someone above me mentions Cairney, he was the one I signed to try and turn around my fortunes in the Championship following a poor run, the fact we're now in the Premier seems to tell its own story.

I urge anyone to sign him, I play him left mid, he's ****ing class, performing in the Premier for me and only 20, £2.5mil is a steal.

What do people make to my team in the first year of the Premier?

Smithies

Peltier -- Hobbs -- Mills -- Lumb

Howson -- King -- Adam -- Cairney

Boselli - Ogunjimi

Others; Maik Taylor, Kikut, Bamba, Fitz Hall, Cunningham, Pilkington, Denisov, Semak, Dyer, Vassell, Quercia.

Quercia/Vassell have kept the other two forwards out lately, both been class. Peltier was signed as back-up to Sime Vrsaljko or Nenad Tomovic, both who snubbed bigger clubs for us, only to both have a work permit turned down and I was left signing a right back on the cheap at the last minute, and Kikut has been god awful, he'll be shipped come July. Peltier isn't great but he's not terrible. Hobbs has been superb for once, Mills has done a great job, Lumb made a slow start but he's been good, Smithies has upped his game and has easily been my key man, makes save after save. Howson's been dross, Pilkington has also been dross and Quercia only performs on the right mid when I play a fast tempo, which is not often. Denisov and Semak have both been poor on loan so King got his place back, Adam is on about 7.00, Cairney the same as Adam, bargain for £2.5mil at the age of 20, he's going for no less than £13mil. Boselli is pretty poor, Ogunjimi hasn't scored, totally mediocre.

About £2.9mil to spend and not much left for wages, very much doubt we can make any improvement, Liam Lawrence would be ideal but even he's out our price range. Howson was a total waste of £2.9mil (oddly enough). The major strengthening I need is right back and right mid, and a forward.

I'll take 17th this year, and probably splash all my £20mil on them 3 positions, and get in some more cover for the loans (Semak, Cunningham, Denisov, Boselli).

Anyone else bought tom cairney from hull managed to get him for 2 million when I got promoted to the prem with huddersfield (I know) been struggling all season lying in 18th with only 6 points from 7 games, yet he has been banging them in from cm 7 in 7 quality player in an otherwise poor prem team, not to mention his potential ability is now 4.5 stars

He was pure class for my LCFC save, then in my 1st or 2nd season in the Prem he was robbed from me by Liverpool for bloody £9m for some good forsaken awful release clause in his contract that I didn't even realise he had, I was absolutely screwin'.

He was pure class for my LCFC save, then in my 1st or 2nd season in the Prem he was robbed from me by Liverpool for bloody £9m for some good forsaken awful release clause in his contract that I didn't even realise he had, I was absolutely screwin'.

lol ALWAYS READ THE CONTRACT ;)

What do people make to my team in the first year of the Premier?

I think your own evaluation is pretty spot on. You will have done a decent job avoiding relegation with that team.

Just got a message through that emile heskey has been appointed manager of MK Dons, thought I'd have a quick look at MK Dons and the job emile's got on his hands - 15th in league 1 & bankrupt and in recievership. Similarly cov are bankrupt and sat 22nd in league 1.

Needless to say I'm pretty ****ing delighted by that.

Probably been said but why does Sven keep failing massively on my game? I'm in November on a new save and he's lying in 22nd, with his job at risk. This seems to happen every time, and they also always seem to sign some absolutely terrible players. Any ideas?

Probably been said but why does Sven keep failing massively on my game? I'm in November on a new save and he's lying in 22nd, with his job at risk. This seems to happen every time, and they also always seem to sign some absolutely terrible players. Any ideas?

Ha!

On my game, without fail he manages to sign some 35 year old utter garbage players and also some gash players from Norway or Poland.

And yes, he ends up getting sacked by about November.

Archived