Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

took a break from peterborough, having a mess about with man city and my team is:

GK: Hart

DC: Richards

DC: Kompany

DC: Lescott

MC:Honda

MC: Y.Toure

MC: Silva

AM: E.Hazard

AM: Paulo Henrique

ST: Tevez

ST: Lukaku

Subs: Varane, R.Sneidjer, Kadlec, Babacar, Eriksen, Dzeko, Balotelli

And he's gone and gotten the goals in a season record without being half way through the season. Quality.

****ing ANIMAL!

Signed him a few times at the start of games and his stats are terrible and he can be pretty pants but 3 seasons in after smashing them in for Exeter and he's become some some of poaching god alongside a big fecker like Darius Henderson. Unbelieveable Jeff! Only bought him as back up for Luke Freeman who's been terrible.

****ing ANIMAL!

Signed him a few times at the start of games and his stats are terrible and he can be pretty pants but 3 seasons in after smashing them in for Exeter and he's become some some of poaching god alongside a big fecker like Darius Henderson. Unbelieveable Jeff! Only bought him as back up for Luke Freeman who's been terrible.

How many has he got, in how many games? I always hesitate signing him because his stats are so terrible, but he seems to be class for anyone that signs him :dunno:

How many has he got, in how many games? I always hesitate signing him because his stats are so terrible, but he seems to be class for anyone that signs him :dunno:

When he got his bonus he had 17 in 17. Think he's now on about 22 for the season at the start of January.

Leicester really are in deep trouble in my game 27 games gone with only 26 points on the board, I decided to carry on with my Hinckley game and after getting them promoted to L2 I found SGE had been sacked and lcfc were after a new manager I decided to apply and lo and behold I got the job, it's gonna be hard as the team is awful and only Bruno Berner and vassell are left from the players at the start

When he got his bonus he had 17 in 17. Think he's now on about 22 for the season at the start of January.

Top stuff! Would you say that Henderson is the main reason for Brandy getting so many goals?

Over here, I expectedly lost against Man City (0-2) in the replay, but my lads gave a great account of themselves. Average age must've been around 21-22 as well. And just as I type FC Copenhagen have put in a £1.2 + a friendly bid for my 825k worth key man in midfield Simone Pasa. My face turned a little off-white when I didn't see a reject button... My frickin chairman has accepted the offer! Absolutely gutted about this! One of the few in the squad who I had counted on for the Premier League as well :cry::angry:

Niiiice, looking at getting at least 30 for the season then, that's good. Fancy showing me a screenshot of him in whatever season you're in? Would be interested to see the difference from him at the start of the game where he looks dreadful.

Top stuff! Would you say that Henderson is the main reason for Brandy getting so many goals?

Over here, I expectedly lost against Man City (0-2) in the replay, but my lads gave a great account of themselves. Average age must've been around 21-22 as well. And just as I type FC Copenhagen have put in a £1.2 + a friendly bid for my 825k worth key man in midfield Simone Pasa. My face turned a little off-white when I didn't see a reject button... My frickin chairman has accepted the offer! Absolutely gutted about this! One of the few in the squad who I had counted on for the Premier League as well :cry::angry:

Well, very unexpected turn of events! As a reaction to this bid, I panicked a bit and just offered him out for £2.5mil in the hope someone would meet that. After negotiations, Las Palmas came closest with a complicated bid worth around £2.2mil and he accepted their offer and I delayed it a week to have his services for one more match. Then the bloody deal fell through because they couldn't afford the fee! I checked their transfer history and they had just signed another player the day before for £1.4mil. But now, having secured Jean-Jacques Gosso on a free, I'm doubting whether I should hold on to him or sell him now for a very tidy profit. I suspect I could get a similar fee from Copenhagen, and I'll need every penny I can get if I get promoted...

Niiiice, looking at getting at least 30 for the season then, that's good. Fancy showing me a screenshot of him in whatever season you're in? Would be interested to see the difference from him at the start of the game where he looks dreadful.

Yeah will do when i get in from work later. Like i said his stats aren't great but hes smashing them in.

Taken 6 years, but I have won a cup with Spurs, the League Cup after beating Utd 5-4 on pens.

Need to hang on to top spot in the league now too.

Pfft took me a year with Leicester to win the FA Cup. Ironically against Spurs.

Surely you won something before that?

Pfft took me a year with Leicester to win the FA Cup. Ironically against Spurs.

Surely you won something before that?

First season: 6th place, knock out stages in Champs League, no where in the domestic cups

Second season: 5th place and FA Cup quarter final, knock out stages in Europa

Third season: 4th place, League Cup quarter final, knock out stages in Europa

Fourth season: 3rd place, League Cup Semi final. FA Cup final, Champions League Quarter final

Fifth season: 2nd place, FA and League Cup semi finals, Champions League quarter finals

I kept always going out to the likes of Man Utd, etc. Could beat em in the league but not the cup. In the fourth season I should have won both the League and FA Cup, lost in the final to a last minute winner by Liverpool and went out in the League cup on away goals to Man Utd.

And on a different note, the 2016 World Cup was won by Chile who beat Cameroon in the Final!!! Spain, Holland, Brazil etc are terrible for some reason.

First season: 6th place, knock out stages in Champs League, no where in the domestic cups

Second season: 5th place and FA Cup quarter final, knock out stages in Europa

Third season: 4th place, League Cup quarter final, knock out stages in Europa

Fourth season: 3rd place, League Cup Semi final. FA Cup final, Champions League Quarter final

Fifth season: 2nd place, FA and League Cup semi finals, Champions League quarter finals

I kept always going out to the likes of Man Utd, etc. Could beat em in the league but not the cup. In the fourth season I should have won both the League and FA Cup, lost in the final to a last minute winner by Liverpool and went out in the League cup on away goals to Man Utd.

And on a different note, the 2016 World Cup was won by Chile who beat Cameroon in the Final!!! Spain, Holland, Brazil etc are terrible for some reason.

How come the world cup was in 2016 when it's a four year cycle :blink:

Blackburn:

So second season syndrome may be creeping in, strangely enough it seems to be with the defence who were one of the best in the league last year.

I was unable to resign Jermaine Jones so replaced him with Yan M'villa(anchor man role as was jones) but the goals are flying in against me left right and centre! Ive got the same back four, same goalkeeper just strange!

Another dilema, as I mentioned earlier I signed Darwin Quintero who was top scorer in the prem with Newcastle first season(my kalinic was runner up) the dilema is that they are both scoring a shit load(one replaces the other when suspended/injured) and I only play one striker, Im tempted to play two up front but that means sacrificing my anchor man altogether!

Current Squad and Tactic:

screenshot20110718at165.png

Any suggestions, ways around the dilema?

Well, very unexpected turn of events! As a reaction to this bid, I panicked a bit and just offered him out for £2.5mil in the hope someone would meet that. After negotiations, Las Palmas came closest with a complicated bid worth around £2.2mil and he accepted their offer and I delayed it a week to have his services for one more match. Then the bloody deal fell through because they couldn't afford the fee! I checked their transfer history and they had just signed another player the day before for £1.4mil. But now, having secured Jean-Jacques Gosso on a free, I'm doubting whether I should hold on to him or sell him now for a very tidy profit. I suspect I could get a similar fee from Copenhagen, and I'll need every penny I can get if I get promoted...

I caved in and sold him for £2.3mil, which my supporters were delighted with. Means I've got about £4mil in the bank now after my ridiculous 900k loss season in League One. Gosso has settled in very nicely so hopefully I won't regret it come the end of the season. It's going really well in the league, as my team almost expectedly performs miracle in the second half of the season. Twelve games to go and it's a really intense four-horse race for the second spot with Reading, Newcastle, Burnley and me all within a point of eachother. Sheff Utd are runaway leaders 11 points ahead of current second place Burnley, but I'm really feeling confident now. Have lost and drawn one in my last 12 games and I still have to meet all of the mentioned teams. Going to go right to the wire!

Possibly because of the system to be honest.

brandys.jpg

Possibly because of the system to be honest.

brandys.jpg

I have a similar but higher quality regen on loan from Man U (also loaned him second half of L1 season) who was also hugely succesful there and is my top scorer this season. Just wondering what instructions you have for Brandy and which side you play him on?

How does ANYONE perform with LCFC in the Prem in the first year.

I'll dick the Championship every time, yet when I get to the Prem, we become totally useless, despite making signings that really should perform.

Currently 18th, not one bit impressed.

First season in the Premier i ended up 4th and won the Carling Cup lol..

You just have to get the right players in, high potential players, decent players.. Don't get rubbish or people that you like in real life but in the game ain't as good, good scouts can help, search the net for good players.. Just don't let your heart rule your head, if you like say Matt Mills in real life doesn't mean he's gonna do much for you in FM ;) .. I noticed you posted up your team and apart from a few players you will struggle as the players just ain't that great

Training schedules help, and team talks also do help.. I read an article abit back on team talks and have got a good blend going now with what i say and it works

Premier League here we come!! :trumpet::scarf: Bagged it easy in the end, was a whole point ahead of Burnley in third and even pipped Sheff Implosion to the title on goal difference :ph34r::sweating: Too late to go into details now, but am absolutely chuffed after another utterly insane final day spectacle where all three of us could end up champions or in the playoffs... phew... off to bed now

I have a similar but higher quality regen on loan from Man U (also loaned him second half of L1 season) who was also hugely succesful there and is my top scorer this season. Just wondering what instructions you have for Brandy and which side you play him on?

4-2-2-2 with my wingers as inside forwards and a brazillian regen with 18 finishing and 16 heading as my defensive forward. Brandy plays on the right of the 2 up top as a poacher with beats offside traps.

He's hit the magic 30 by the end of January.

Does anyone else have this problem? Even though I select my centre backs to 'stay back' at throw ins, they still go forward. I've been caught out numerous times, but they should stay back :frusty:

Does anyone else have this problem? Even though I select my centre backs to 'stay back' at throw ins, they still go forward. I've been caught out numerous times, but they should stay back :frusty:

Are you sure they are set to Stay Back or Stab Back If Needed?

Archived