Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Sorry to hear that :(

Sim games like FM are in a difficult position. Each year we tweak and optimise but there is always thirst and need for expansion, to help develop the game. Unfortunately along the way a few people, like yourself, then find the the game too complex. It's something that everyone at SI is aware of and one of the reasons we release the Handheld series on PSP and iPhone.

I was just about to mention that.

SDB I really don't want to come across as patronizing but my old man shares a similar stance to you; I think he gets a little bit exhausted by some of the endlessly more complex features but he got his hands on the iPhone version of FM last year and he literally never puts it down.

Gets hours of enjoyment out of it. I'm a little cynical because it seems to be a lot, lot easier but I imgaine that's something SI are working on. It's very stripped down and has far less of the features of the PC version.

I've just got a load of youngsters on loan for my Leicester team.

Seamus Coleman

Jonjo Shelvey

Joao Silva

Jose Baxter

All on 3 month loans.

Craig Eastmond

Henri Lansbury

Both on season long loans.

And signed Bernard Mendy.

Still trying to get in to it and navigate my way around all the new functions. Shouldn't take long :D

SDB I really don't want to come across as patronizing but my old man shares a similar stance to you; I think he gets a little bit exhausted by some of the endlessly more complex features but he got his hands on the iPhone version of FM last year and he literally never puts it down.

Gets hours of enjoyment out of it. I'm a little cynical because it seems to be a lot, lot easier but I imgaine that's something SI are working on. It's very stripped down and has far less of the features of the PC version.

Yep, I know a few people that have fallen out of love with FM but love the iPhone game.

It's basically CM01/02 in terms of detail and ease, it shares a lot of the same code as well.

Sorry to hear that :(

Sim games like FM are in a difficult position. Each year we tweak and optimise but there is always thirst and need for expansion, to help develop the game. Unfortunately along the way a few people, like yourself, then find the the game too complex. It's something that everyone at SI is aware of and one of the reasons we release the Handheld series on PSP and iPhone.

yeah i appreciate the need to keep developing the game. I also feel the need to add that i'm only 24! It's not a bad game by any means, it just doesn't seem to have the old charm, the ease, whatever it was that made me forget about time! I'd still take your job in a heartbeat Ricey i should also mention! I'd recommend the SI staff play FM08 for a week - perfection! This is definitely the oldest i've ever felt!! :cry:

yeah i appreciate the need to keep developing the game. I also feel the need to add that i'm only 24! It's not a bad game by any means, it just doesn't seem to have the old charm, the ease, whatever it was that made me forget about time! I'd still take your job in a heartbeat Ricey i should also mention! I'd recommend the SI staff play FM08 for a week - perfection! This is definitely the oldest i've ever felt!! :cry:

There are probably unofficial database updates and even updated Face Packs (although those are fairly easy to do yourself) released by FM 2008 fans; you can probably still use the 2008 game but play with up to date stats and players.

Give it a look on Google.

Seems a bit easy and a lot of people I know have said it too, I hope it's just a marketting ploy to get people thinking they're awesome at it.

Let's be fair, Oz, if they have made it a bit easier aren't you the last person that should be complaining?

Let's be fair, Oz, if they have made it a bit easier aren't you the last person that should be complaining?

Wow, you don't let go of that do you?

I was never even that bad at the game anyway. I just didn't use training (until I found out about Tuggs and this was like 2 years ago) and I always had a bit of trouble with the Championship which isn't that much of a suprise seeing as every team is quite similar in quality. Everywhere else I was and am fine with.

i'm just giving up on the demo if im honest, i can't find a team i want to be, think i might just leave it till the full game comes out, i will still buy it, but not going to start a game till then i don't think

I'm still hooked on fm09 I'm in 2025 with northwich victoria just booked my champions league place ?!?!?!? Sitting 2nd in the premiership behind mAn u won the league cup and man u And man city wanna buy my striker who came through the ranks man u actually made a bid of 35mill for a 19 year old striker he was top scorer season just gone 39 goals in 37 starts havnt had time to play fm11 got it installed might have to give it a go !?!?

Loving this. The new contract negotiations and private chats are very good.

Started with Leicester. Not sold any one, but signed the following:

Greg Cunningham - Season Loan (Not brilliant but wanted to copy Sven)

David Hoilett - Season Loan

Ciaran Clark - Season Loan

Kyle Walker - Season Loan (Naughton wouldn't come)

Julio Cruz - Free

Wade Elliott - 1.4m

Kris Commons - 2.2m

Matthew Briggs - 1.4m

Tried to avoid the obvious signings. Opting for a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3.

Will see how it goes.

So far so good on this one. Sitting top of the league after 8 games, my best eleven being:

Weale

Walker

Hobbs

Clark

Briggs

Stock (Signed on deadline day from Donny for 1.3m)

King

Wellens

Hoilett

Commons

Waghorn

The contracts are def improved, but the player talks just seemed a prolonged way of ending up where you would in the older versions anyway - i.e with a miserable sod on your hands!

So far I'd agree with that statement, the system seems dodgy or broken. I had Ambrusics throw a hissy fit when I first told him I'd transfer list him before putting him there. I told him he was surplus to requirements (not remotely close enough to the first team) and he said I showed a lack of respect. I would've thought telling him about my decision first before actually placing him on the list WAS showing my respect :huh:

There are probably unofficial database updates and even updated Face Packs (although those are fairly easy to do yourself) released by FM 2008 fans; you can probably still use the 2008 game but play with up to date stats and players.

Give it a look on Google.

DO you think they have updates for fm 2009? This version was one of my favs, but can't find updates anywhere. Do you know where I could find one?

I restarted my Leicester game on the demo. Very happy with the squad I have amassed.

In:

David Hoilett- loan

Kyle Walker- loan

Henri Lansbury- loan

Jlloyd Samuel 975k

Juan Pablo Angel- 210k

Martin Rowlands- 875k

Chris Eagles- 3.4 mil

Julian Speroni- 2.1 mil

The usual lot in the out column, including Oakley, Neilson etc. Think I spent over the odds for Speroni but I wasn't impressed with Westwood in my old demo save.

DO you think they have updates for fm 2009? This version was one of my favs, but can't find updates anywhere. Do you know where I could find one?

here you go, and here's some FM 08 stuff.

carrying on with my game, beat cardiff 3-1 (king and Bothroyd (2)), Barnsley 3-2 (Bothroyd and Cruz (2)), Doncaster 4-0 (bothroyd (3) and Wittingham) & Burnley 2-0 (Wittingham, OG).

my best 5 goals on this:

5th - Peter Wittingham v Burnley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NBpmopThuk

4th - Andy King v Ipswich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzYst0YCcHg

3rd - Andy King v Cardiff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHGnZUbqlZM

2nd - Andy King v Morecambe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojNvgVYTdw0

1st - Yuki Abe v Morecambe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwP96Jw-Jjc

@ LargeAl: Nice goal by Abe there :)

Finished in fifth place in the demo, four points behind Burnley in top spot. Had a very rough start with 3 draws and a defeat and ended with a similar run. Had one helluva purple patch in between though! Unfortunately it's the defeats that stick out the most (4-0 defeat by Reading, 4-1 to Forest and my only defeat at home 1-2 against Ipswich). Kakuta, Mendy, Kyle Walker, Wellens and the Tunch my five best players. Hobbs, Gunnarsson and Vassell the biggest disappointments despite the latter being my top scorer.

There are a few things that bug me about the game though: 1) The player interaction as mentioned previously, 2) I noticed the reputation of League One (two stars) popping up in the news when Southampton had a transfer rumour going for one of my players. I went to the 'competition' tab in the 'world' menu, but it only shows the rating of the top three competitions, the rest are ranked without ratings. Why is that? And why is it so inconveniently placed? 3) Similarly, individual training focus is not noticeable enough on the training screen. I would've liked to see the option for ind. training focus on the player training screen too. Would be logical to have it there too since the training amount actually figures in the bottom left corner. 4) Training again, the selection process is unnecessarily complicated. Why should one have to select a schedule in the 'schedules' tab before being able to see the players in the 'players' tab? Why can't I see all the players and their respective schedules at once?

@ LargeAl: Nice goal by Abe there :)

Finished in fifth place in the demo, four points behind Burnley in top spot. Had a very rough start with 3 draws and a defeat and ended with a similar run. Had one helluva purple patch in between though! Unfortunately it's the defeats that stick out the most (4-0 defeat by Reading, 4-1 to Forest and my only defeat at home 1-2 against Ipswich). Kakuta, Mendy, Kyle Walker, Wellens and the Tunch my five best players. Hobbs, Gunnarsson and Vassell the biggest disappointments despite the latter being my top scorer.

There are a few things that bug me about the game though: 1) The player interaction as mentioned previously, 2) I noticed the reputation of League One (two stars) popping up in the news when Southampton had a transfer rumour going for one of my players. I went to the 'competition' tab in the 'world' menu, but it only shows the rating of the top three competitions, the rest are ranked without ratings. Why is that? And why is it so inconveniently placed? 3) Similarly, individual training focus is not noticeable enough on the training screen. I would've liked to see the option for ind. training focus on the player training screen too. Would be logical to have it there too since the training amount actually figures in the bottom left corner. 4) Training again, the selection process is unnecessarily complicated. Why should one have to select a schedule in the 'schedules' tab before being able to see the players in the 'players' tab? Why can't I see all the players and their respective schedules at once?

Cheers Shen, will pass these thoughts on.

Both the training points are points I have raised with the UI team already.

Archived