Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Went out in Euro 2016 semis to which the scottish FA said was a severe disappointment but would keep the faith that I could turn things around.

Ungrateful sods, when I took charge 6 years earlier they'd have been grateful to get out the group stage of a tournament for the first time in living memory. Also I think two of my keepers retiring from football the moment the group stage of the tournament was over might have had some effect and might not have helped us perform to our best.

Edit: Has anyone managed to get a new stadium with leicester on this game? I've been selling out consistantly (only 2 league games in the past 2 years have failed to sell out, and they were both less than 1k left.), according to the richest clubs screen we've got over £1B so why won't the board let me request a new stadium?

Ganso, probably my worst ever signing on FM:

25s1w74.png

For the amount I paid, I got absolutely **** all out of him.

Just signed this bad boy, on a free no less:

zxabur.png

See ya Ganso, 20.5M to Roma. 500k profit. What a bit of business. You watch him win world player of the year now.

Edit: Has anyone managed to get a new stadium with leicester on this game? I've been selling out consistantly (only 2 league games in the past 2 years have failed to sell out, and they were both less than 1k left.), according to the richest clubs screen we've got over £1B so why won't the board let me request a new stadium?

Club size limit, i.e. the "catchment area" is not as big as say for Arsenal, Man U etc. At least I know it's been something like that in previous editions.

I would have though that sort of thing would be determined by club reputation and I'm second biggest in the world, behind only barcelona.

It isn't, or at least it wasn't before. There is a fixed limit for most clubs. Imagine someone like TPS Turku becoming the best in the world, it still wouldn't mean they'd get 100k spectators even though they'd won the CL 15 times in a row, because there simply aren't that many people living there.

Got bought this the other day. Prefer the older games where you can whizz through a season in a day.

However, quite enjoying it. 1st game and i'm Leicester. Top and it's about mid-November. Unbeaten for the first 12 games with Vassell absolutely killing it. However his form has dipped big time and Yak and Hobbs have picked up 6 and 5 month injuries respectively. Won 1 of my last 4 and am only a point ahead of Forest with Burnley and several others breathing down my neck. QPR are bottom by some distance!

Not signed many players. Church for £2.4 mill - he's been poor. Some young French lad my scouts fancied. That's it I think. Need to add a couple in Jan, but i'm losing the best part of £1mill each month, mainly down to Yaks £55k per week wages.

Went out in Euro 2016 semis to which the scottish FA said was a severe disappointment but would keep the faith that I could turn things around.

Ungrateful sods, when I took charge 6 years earlier they'd have been grateful to get out the group stage of a tournament for the first time in living memory. Also I think two of my keepers retiring from football the moment the group stage of the tournament was over might have had some effect and might not have helped us perform to our best.

how did you manage to make them worth 1b? i got onto the rich list getting promoted but they wont give me the funds to sign a £2m player. so just signed a load of frees and ran up the wage budget.

Got bought this the other day. Prefer the older games where you can whizz through a season in a day.

However, quite enjoying it. 1st game and i'm Leicester. Top and it's about mid-November. Unbeaten for the first 12 games with Vassell absolutely killing it. However his form has dipped big time and Yak and Hobbs have picked up 6 and 5 month injuries respectively. Won 1 of my last 4 and am only a point ahead of Forest with Burnley and several others breathing down my neck. QPR are bottom by some distance!

Not signed many players. Church for £2.4 mill - he's been poor. Some young French lad my scouts fancied. That's it I think. Need to add a couple in Jan, but i'm losing the best part of £1mill each month, mainly down to Yaks £55k per week wages.

yakubu basically fired me up last season. couldnt get him permanant though so signed owen on a free.

yakubu basically fired me up last season. couldnt get him permanant though so signed owen on a free.

Unfortunately he's out for 6 months! Hobbs 5. Waggy 2. Naughton is out for a few weeks now and so is Weale. Can't buy a win although i'm not losing many. Down to 2nd and will be in 5th/6th before long. Form is very key in this version.

Unfortunately he's out for 6 months! Hobbs 5. Waggy 2. Naughton is out for a few weeks now and so is Weale. Can't buy a win although i'm not losing many. Down to 2nd and will be in 5th/6th before long. Form is very key in this version.

Morale can be quite important indeed. Which is why you should always (unless your team is too good) give high league bonuses, to keep morale high throughout the season. If players are out of form/play one bad match, it is quite easy to get their morale back up again.

Cheers. Vassell's now out for a fortnight. Beat Reading (1st) to go back to the top, but lost to Burnley and am back in 2nd with 3rd/4th/5th on my back. Need a striker in Jan. Dembele the man right?

Cheers. Vassell's now out for a fortnight. Beat Reading (1st) to go back to the top, but lost to Burnley and am back in 2nd with 3rd/4th/5th on my back. Need a striker in Jan. Dembele the man right?

Sure Dembele, Griffiths or a decent Premiership loanee should do.

I fancy an online game ramboacdc if you get one going, It's got to the point where I've won the prem with Leicester in the 2015/16 season and there's not much more to do other than the champions league.

I fancy an online game ramboacdc if you get one going, It's got to the point where I've won the prem with Leicester in the 2015/16 season and there's not much more to do other than the champions league.

awesome.

http://www.aidtheboss.com/football-manager-2011-online-tutorial/

youll neeed that program for starters. me and my mate have started a game up but only just got past the league cup first round so you could jump in that at any point if you wanted.

how did you manage to make them worth 1b? i got onto the rich list getting promoted but they wont give me the funds to sign a £2m player. so just signed a load of frees and ran up the wage budget.

no bloody idea.

Edit: Hovering over the build stadium bit on board request a message pops up saying: "Board do not feel it is worthwhile to build a new stadium at the current time" - given I only expanded the stadium capacity in time for the last 2 seasons could it just be that the board don't want to do anymore with the stadium for a while?

no bloody idea.

Edit: Hovering over the build stadium bit on board request a message pops up saying: "Board do not feel it is worthwhile to build a new stadium at the current time" - given I only expanded the stadium capacity in time for the last 2 seasons could it just be that the board don't want to do anymore with the stadium for a while?

What's its capacity?

anyone noticed anything dodgy with managers on this game?

They all seem to be going in circles for me - Jose Mourinho left R. Madrid, joined Chelsea, then moved onto inter Milan, then Atletico Madrid.

Roberto Mancini left Man City, went to Atletico Madrid, and is now Man city manager again. Liverpool have re-appointed Rafa Benitez again having had the same manager in two separate spells between Rafa's tenures.

Turned my fortunes around a little with Leicester, got a couple of decent wins and draws including a win at Sunderland (where we NEVER win). Burnley away, absolute fvcking sickener, they were 18th and us 16th, decided to attack them from the off, open game took 79 minutes to get a goal, coming in the form of Tom Cairney who I'd moved to the right for a bit of an experiment, it really paid off, he beat about 3 on his outside before smashing home. Sadly, I, the dick, forgot to change it to standard/control and kept it on attacking, and the jammy fvcking wankers went and scored in the 86th and 89th minute, the 2nd was unbelievable, Andre Bikey ran from his own half to slot in one on one.

Just followed that up with a cracking 1-1 draw away at 2nd placed Blackburn, close to winning it too.

Might cash in on Charlie Adam, 6.86 is shit for £6.25mil, and Villa are majorly interested, so may cash in, think him/King could be improved. I've agreed to sign some Iranian Holding Mid, named something like Javad Nekounam, looks a solid buy on a free. Also got two re-gen centre halves coming in from Bayern & Roma, I feel they'll make good cover in the future - if not a few million, pretty decent considering they cost under £500k for both.

Mauro Boselli I forgot to mention, fvck me he's sorted himself out. Become one of our key men since moving into a supporting role, scores more and his all-round game seems to have improved, I'll certainly be looking into getting him in permanently, seeing as I only got him on loan from Wigan in the Champ as it cost me just £800k and £20k a week.

Definitely going to have to ship a few in January/Summer, just arrived in January and I'm hoping to offload the likes of Gallagher & Howard etc.. also maybe others, by July/August I'll hope to have got rid of Marcin Kikut, Marvin Ogunjimi & Jonny Howson, all of whom are yet to have a single good game for us, they can all fvck off. Pilkington is good, cheap cover, as is Peltier, they'll do but I'll replace them in the long term. Alex Smithies at £750k, probably the best deal I'll make, the bloke is fvcking supreme.

anyone noticed anything dodgy with managers on this game?

They all seem to be going in circles for me - Jose Mourinho left R. Madrid, joined Chelsea, then moved onto inter Milan, then Atletico Madrid.

Roberto Mancini left Man City, went to Atletico Madrid, and is now Man city manager again. Liverpool have re-appointed Rafa Benitez again having had the same manager in two separate spells between Rafa's tenures.

It's the thing that annoys me the most about this game.

Top managers taking backwards or nonsensical sideways steps, retiring really early, changing teams every two seasons and ultimately being replaced by people like Gary Neville and Michael Owen at the drop of a hat.

Archived