Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

So i've just found out about the 'match top earners wage' clause. The hard way. Twice in the space of one pre season week. Adding about £45k a week to my wage bill.

Anyhoo, got Leicester up in my 1st season. Basically never dropped out of the top 2 despite feeling like we were gonna collapse at any point. Did quite well mid season to hold it together with half a squad.

Vitor was insane. 2nd highest scorer. Yak when fit awesome. Vassell started on fire. Gally had some real purple patches and Hobbs (when fit) and Bamba (player of the season) also great.

Summer signings: Corluka, N'Diaye, Mannone, Ramsey (loan), Macheda (loan)

OK Prem's gonna be hard. Lost 2-1 to Sunderland (A) 1st day. 2-1 to Spurs at Home, despite battering them. Now I've got Man Utd and Liverpool before Stoke away. Any AMC recommendations? King and Gally not really doing their thang.

I've got Hamachi, what network ID's etc do I need to join in? Would have liked to make some of my own signings but beggars can't be choosers ;)

the network ID is ajfootball the password is taylor. if your on tonight and my friend is we will make another game.

I started a game unemployed as an ex Sunday League player and got the Woking job a couple of months into the season. I played a few games but simmed it until the end of the season so that I could get rid of the deadwood that the squad was littered with. Got pretty much a new squad and fairly confident I'll get promo, COME ON!

I had Mauro Formica on my Tranmere game.

He was very inconsistent. When he was good he single handedly ripped a few Champions League clubs apart; when he was bad he was really bad.

Never really improved, either. Sold him off for about 11.5 and replaced him with a couple of Brazilian regens.

Nicolas Lodeiro is available for less, starts better, gets better and is far more worth your time.

Halfway through my First season as Rotherham. Will Keane and Adam Le Fondre are lethal up front. Rhys Weston has been a beast for me at £20k and Leicester legend Sergio Hellings has been quality.

Joined your Hamachi thingy then joined that game, something buggered up so I had to retire my manager after an illustrious 1 minute of managing Southampton :P

i wondered who that was who bugged my game! lol

Does anyone else disable attribute masking on their games? I always do, just remembered that it's on by default.

first startup screen iirc

I'm to good for this game, at Leicester for 7 seasons won championship first season with 121 points, won the premiership 5 times, the league cup 5 times, the FA cup 2 times, the championsleague 4 times and the world club cup 4 times. Went to England won the conferdiration cup 2 times, the world cup and the Europena championship and didn't lose a game also getting England from 26 to 1 in the world and now have lefted for Man City and bought a whole new team which is basically the England team.

I'm to good for this game, at Leicester for 7 seasons won championship first season with 121 points, won the premiership 5 times, the league cup 5 times, the FA cup 2 times, the championsleague 4 times and the world club cup 4 times. Went to England won the conferdiration cup 2 times, the world cup and the Europena championship and didn't lose a game also getting England from 26 to 1 in the world and now have lefted for Man City and bought a whole new team which is basically the England team.

Yes, yes you are.

Update on my game. Entered January very poorly, defeats to Man Utd & Arsenal were followed by a horrendous 1-3 drubbing at home to Championship side Norwich in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

We've got some players in though, I've had a total re-shuffle and replaced 4-4-2 with 4-5-1/4-3-3. Sold Ogunjimi to Leeds for £1.8mil, loaned out Jonny Howson to Dundee Utd (they pay 100% of his £12k a week lol), and most importantly, Charlie Adam joined Spartak Moscow on loan for £1.5mil with a view to permanent, as I'm quite simply sick of the bloke, his stats are good enough for someone like Chelsea, yet he just doesn't ever deliver for us, the odd assist/goal but absolutely fvck all else, and yet he always gets over 7.3 at Blackpool in the Prem, literally always.

Nekounam joined on a free, played decent in defensive mid, 6.75ish, needs a new signing in July. Cairney's got even bloody better in centre mid, him and King have been superb, tied both down to long term contracts after they both would expire in the next year or two, sadly Cairney wouldn't sign a contract that didn't include a £10.75mil release clause, so if he carries this form on, he's lost within a year, can be a real match-winner.

The two defenders came in and have looked alright in the youth, meh, they'll never make my team sadly, sort of pointless signings but for all I know they could develop into class acts.

My other signings were Szabolcs Huszti from Zenit on loan, he's been poor, 6.7 from about 7/8 games, but it's him or Dyer, and Dyer is pretty out of his depth at this level, and Kobenhavn defender Zdenek Pospech, who's been alright, better than Peltier.

We now line up like;

Smithies

Pospech - Hobbs - Mills © - Lumb

Nekounam

King - Cairney

Quercia - Boselli - Huszti

We've improved a lot, we win more games, play nicer football and I've been far more experimental with player instructions pre-match, and it's working, we sit 15th with 4 games left, 10 points clear of 18th, safe to say we'll be fine this year, just need some strengthening to push on next year. Smithies, Hobbs, Mills, Lumb, King & Cairney will stay in the team regardless, they're all young, and have all been very good for me, Hobbs & Mills have shocked me, both on around 7's. Nekounam will be replaced with someone younger and all-round better. I'll get in a better right back, Pospech is decent but he's ageing and isn't great, the forward line is priority, Quercia will be kept but not a regular, Boselli I'll see what I can do, but there are better forwards out there, Huszti I won't get back, so basically need two wingers and a forward. Looking at Garra Dembele, and may consider Ben Arfa too as Newcastle are going down.

One final thing - how the fvck do you lot manage to get players like Abel Hernandez and Ganso to even sign for us? Neither of them are remotely interested in joining me.

You just have to hope they get released as a free agent will talk to any club (how I got Dzeko and Robinho) and generally join the one that offers the best contract unless there are specific personal reasons. Otherwise you'll have to wait until you've built up your reputation, I've got them to be reputable enough to sign players like Affelay (wasn't at Barcelona at the time) but there's still a lot of uninterested players despite winning the premier league last season (a bit of a fluke if I'm honest, Man U destroyed me twice bit still came 2nd) . I'm currently in the 2016/2017 season and hoping Tevez doesn't sign a new contract :fc:

Fair enough mate but I'm more talking people who've gone up, and instantly signed Hernandez, it makes no sense.

I'm gonna go for a midtable finish and get in some good money next season I reckon, as stated, need real strengthening on the wings, hopefully I can tempt Joel Matip with a move for our defensive mid spot.

Eden Hazard would be unreal, but again it just won't happen.

Fair enough mate but I'm more talking people who've gone up, and instantly signed Hernandez, it makes no sense.

I'm gonna go for a midtable finish and get in some good money next season I reckon, as stated, need real strengthening on the wings, hopefully I can tempt Joel Matip with a move for our defensive mid spot.

Eden Hazard would be unreal, but again it just won't happen.

I went up and signed Neymar in my 1st season in the Prem. Don't ask me how but sometimes its the case of if you don't try you don't get!

Archived