Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

starting to get fed up of international football, gonna quit Scotland after the 2018 world cup.

Something incredibly funky's going down though, man city have a Scottish wonder-kid, they withdrew him from my friendly squad in November, when the "best 11" bit came through at the start of January I remembered this bloke and moved him back into the squad and now the game is claiming he's off on international duty for Jan. Works out fine for me though, face man city 3 times in January (league and LC semis.)

Well after staying up with ease (won 3 of my last 4) I've took a risk and told my board I'll get them top half, they gave me £27.5mil and £425k a week, my current wage was £275k.

A few loans returned and a few players wanted to leave, so first of all I sold all my wanting out players, Jonny Howson joined Blackpool for £1.9mil, Pilkington joined Bolton for £2mil, Sol Bamba joined Forest for £2.4mil, Fitz Hall joined Watford for £575k.

Had a lovely amount of money to spend, my targets were a right back, a holding midfielder and a forward trio, AML, AMR, ST, plus cover at left back, hopefully a young AMRLC, and a striker.

I've had a good summer, to start off I signed At. Madrid defender Leandro Cabrera for £1.5mil, he's to replace Bamba (could do with another centre half to be honest), he can play at left, looks a good buy with decent potential to push for the first team, young Czech 'keeper Petr Novotny joined for £200k, aged 18, following an ever-present season at Mlada Boleslav, he'll be good cover for Smithies for absolutely years.

My first signing of real interest, it was perfect, despite performing well in the Man City side, Yohan Cabaye was available for £2.9mil, had a bid accepted and he signed for us over Sunderland and Schalke following me currying the agents favour with a lovely fee for him, horrible way to do transfers IRL but love it on FM, saved me a shit load of money and solved one of our problems, I'll be very disappointed if he isn't a top player for us.

The 4th bloke I got in, may be a pretty laughable decision - but Lee Novak. He's developed a fair bit, he was available for £925k, he won L1 top goalscorer and his work rate is 20, he'll be a top sub IMO, cheap alternative, he won't get much game time but when he does I'm sure he'll chip in with a few and push teams back a bit.

The 5th was my most exciting signing of the season, was very surprised when I had £7.5mil accepted for him; Jano. Joined from Spartak Moscow, £15k a week wages, top fvcking notch, I don't think he'll dick the league instantly, but I feel he will long term, in a season or two he'll be one of the best midfielders in the league, he'll fill in at AML.

I bagged Ryad Boutebouz from Sochaux, also £7.5mil. He'll be my right winger, he should perform for us, would be very disappointed if he doesn't.

I got two loanees in, in the same day, Juan Iturbe as my AMRLC cover and Jack Robinson at left back following his 7.64 season on loan at Cov, they'll make great cover I feel.

My eighth isn't yet complete - Sergio Araujo from Boca, £5mil accepted, £20k a week accepted, work permit still pending, got a very bad feeling. I swear they fail the ones that really would be superb signings, as he'll be one of the best forwards on the game I feel.

My right back though I've not yet sorted, Gaston Diaz' £4mil move was fvcked by a work permit.

If we sign a good right back and Araujo, I reckon we'll make the top 8.

You'll get a work permit for Araujo, I did anyway and that was in the 2nd season

AlistairProudmanNews_Inbox-6.png

The ****? Having the same player under over 100 contracts probably contributed to their financial crisis.

:crylaugh:

Still top with Plymouth lacking a bit up front trying to get a loan player in but no one seems to want to come, got a feeling my season will go on a downward slope very soon.

Correct, I did get a work permit for Araujo. :cool:

Also completed a £7.5mil deal for Serge Aurier, so we're extremely strong on paper, but it's been a poor start.

Don't think we could've been unluckier, Araujo got sent off 25 mins into his debut away at Fulham leaving us with 10 men and having to put Quercia on for King as we had no-one else up front, we lose the game 2-0.

Birmingham at home, totally dominated, Lee Novak with the winner, he looked very lively, I'm proud that he's started well as he was a cheap signing who was a bit of a risk, but it's paid off so far.

We then incredibly got stuffed 1-3 at home (again) by fvcking Charlton in the League Cup, how it happened I don't know, fairly strong side out too, just do not deliver against shit sides, one less cup to worry about though but ideally I reckon we COULD have won it.

The next game was beyond a farce, Villa away - put back 4 days due to international call-ups, yet Cairney and Smithies were both still out for this reason along with two others? :blink: Araujo also out for this game, Jano injured for 4 months in international duty, my lack of luck was incredible. We got hammered all game yet actually fvcked up a 1-2 in the last minute, we scored our first two shots and had about 5 all game, was sick at throwing it away but a draw with a side as weak as that I was impressed with.

Due to Jano's injury, Yoric Ravet joined on loan, nowhere near the player, however he did put us 1-0 up against Wolves next game, only for us to actually go and lose 1-2, we should've hammered them, Araujo had a shocker.

So yeh, 4 games, 4 points and hammered at home by a League One side, all in all, an absolute nightmare start, the only way is up and I've far from lost faith yet.

Correct, I did get a work permit for Araujo. :cool:

Also completed a £7.5mil deal for Serge Aurier, so we're extremely strong on paper, but it's been a poor start.

Don't think we could've been unluckier, Araujo got sent off 25 mins into his debut away at Fulham leaving us with 10 men and having to put Quercia on for King as we had no-one else up front, we lose the game 2-0.

Birmingham at home, totally dominated, Lee Novak with the winner, he looked very lively, I'm proud that he's started well as he was a cheap signing who was a bit of a risk, but it's paid off so far.

We then incredibly got stuffed 1-3 at home (again) by fvcking Charlton in the League Cup, how it happened I don't know, fairly strong side out too, just do not deliver against shit sides, one less cup to worry about though but ideally I reckon we COULD have won it.

The next game was beyond a farce, Villa away - put back 4 days due to international call-ups, yet Cairney and Smithies were both still out for this reason along with two others? :blink: Araujo also out for this game, Jano injured for 4 months in international duty, my lack of luck was incredible. We got hammered all game yet actually fvcked up a 1-2 in the last minute, we scored our first two shots and had about 5 all game, was sick at throwing it away but a draw with a side as weak as that I was impressed with.

Due to Jano's injury, Yoric Ravet joined on loan, nowhere near the player, however he did put us 1-0 up against Wolves next game, only for us to actually go and lose 1-2, we should've hammered them, Araujo had a shocker.

So yeh, 4 games, 4 points and hammered at home by a League One side, all in all, an absolute nightmare start, the only way is up and I've far from lost faith yet.

Aurier is the best Right Back on the game for me keep with him and you'll be absolutely solid.

Seriously, am I the only one that hits the bar at least once every game (and usually 2 or 3 times)?!?!

i hit the post every other game. i have never hit the bar 2-3 times a game to my recollection. get them ****ers some shooting training! or signed up for the tigers :P

might have a go tonight its a toss up between FM or terraria.

Aurier is the best Right Back on the game for me keep with him and you'll be absolutely solid.

Had him for like 5 years with Spurs, and he gets swapped round with Cornel Rapa every other game as they are both really good. Rapa costs a lot less though.

I'm selling Aurier fro £15m though, have quite a few youngsters coming through who just never get a game so he is off (had Danny Da Costa since 2011 and I'm in 2018 now and he has only ever played 20 times, being loaned out for a total of about £7m to Inter, Lazio and R.Madrid) , as is Sotiris Ninis.

got my revenge on sunderland!

after they beat me twice in the league and dumped me out of the FA cup semi final last season. this time my championship team (with an emergancy loan keeper from brum) beat them 2-1 in the 5th round. last minute winner from johnothan viera with a screamer! boyah! aston villa away in the quarter finals. never beat them last season but im 1 of the 2 last remaining championship teams (me and bristol city) in the competition. i know some dont take it serious but i do :).

beat bristol city in the league 2-1 with a striker in goal! didnt realise my main keeper was injured and i had loaned out all the others! that was some bargin basement loan hunting! got hilario though!

Seriously, am I the only one that hits the bar at least once every game (and usually 2 or 3 times)?!?!

It happens very regularly that I hit the woodwork, but 2-3 times every game :blink:

had a little go tonight before bed. didnt lose a single game. undefeated in 15 back in the championship after 19 games. 13 points clear at the top. all the teams in 2nd 3rd and 4th keep dropping points. ive dropped a few with a 0-0 against watford but the rest ive at least scraped 1-0 wins. wins a win but i would like to win by bigger margins.

League cup i got villa away in the 1/4 finals, a team that beat me 5-0 and 1-0 when i was in the prem. wasnt looking forward to it but just went gung ho. next thing i know johnothan viera has bagged 2 and i won 2-1 (sven the manager there now, he doesnt like me now :P)

semi final draw

liverpool/arsenal v chelsea

man utd vs leicester.

when i last played man u i lost 8-0 at old trafford (dont ask...) and beat them 3-0 at the walkers (goalkeeper was wonderous! they had 26 shots to our 7.) if i can beat them over 2 legs i will do a flip and even then i got one of the better teams in england at wembley. still..semi finalists. chairman and fans very happy :).

been linked to west brom job, boro job and sunderland job. sunderland approached me. i delayed it. banged out a new 5 year contract with leicester and now im there until 2017 at least. actually loving it right now. just worrying about premier league and staying there at the next try. the club heamorages money in the championship but makes so much just in TV rights in the prem it makes a profit no matter what. just shows the massive fathom of money in the 2 leagues. sad but true.

Just got a new owner - some Italian bloke. Got a message from him saying although he was considering replacing me he would let me fight for my job. Cheeky ****, 2017-2018, under my reign Leicester have become the biggest club in the world, winning numerous trophies and reaching 7 successive FA cup finals.

Just got a new owner - some Italian bloke. Got a message from him saying although he was considering replacing me he would let me fight for my job. Cheeky ****, 2017-2018, under my reign Leicester have become the biggest club in the world, winning numerous trophies and reaching 7 successive FA cup finals.

you get an achievement on steam if you keep your job after a takeover. i dont get why they wanna fix what isnt broke when they take over.

you get an achievement on steam if you keep your job after a takeover. i dont get why they wanna fix what isnt broke when they take over.

Don't use steam.

Amazed me though, I'm top of the prem by 5 points (thanks to a last minute winner from a youth team graduate right winger in a 4-3 hum-dinger v second placed man city - calm down Thracian) with a game in hand. They planned to replace me with Mancini, who has been sacked from his last 4 jobs on my game.

Don't use steam.

Amazed me though, I'm top of the prem by 5 points (thanks to a last minute winner from a youth team graduate right winger in a 4-3 hum-dinger v second placed man city - calm down Thracian) with a game in hand. They planned to replace me with Mancini, who has been sacked from his last 4 jobs on my game.

i like steam. not so much achievements cuz some are impossible but it keeps an incentive there. i just got the 10 games undefeated followed by 20 games undefeated. mancini isnt that good on this game. at all. neither is kenny though it appears. he got sacked and rafa replaced him!

I just signed him(2014) For At Madrid... Im pretty sure he has made every single tackle so far!!

I have been taken over and not got that achievement. Was never in threat of my job though so maybe that is why.

Got promoted in my 2nd season with Leicester, came 3rd and beat Peterborough 5-2 in the play off final.

Just about to play my first game in the Prem, Bolton away.

Fielding

O'Shea

Hobbs

Bamba

Zhirkhov

Sandro

Reo - Coker

Jordi Gomez/Gallagher

Sessegnon

Park Ji-Sung

Fraizer Campbell

Got the likes of Kerlon, Conor Wickham, Zuiverloon and Michael Owen on the bench.

Archived