Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

westwood

lamey hobbs shittu/tunch when back j loyd samuel

abe king cohen whittingham

fryatt church

im doing well shit most of my sighnings have been flops bar whittingham and westwood church hasnt scored in the league and at the end of september 8th in the league who do i bye thats going to get me 20 + goals in a season?

Church is one of the league's top performer's on my load, he's also the second highest goal scorer in the division (as of April 4th) with 20 league goals and 11 assists. Play him as an attacking Poacher at STL with a decent 'support' target man at STR and he's a gem.

Alternatively, pick up Garra Dembele from Levski Sofia, he'll come for about 450k and will only ask for about four grand wages. I got him in January and I wish I'd gotten him in the summer; he's basically the Championship's Drogba. Fast, strong, decent in the air, decent on the ground.

I'm using him as a target man for Church and he's gotten 6 in 7 starts (+ four sub appearances.)

PS: Olivier Kapo EASILY the best piece of business done all season. Not my single best player but a damn good contender and a very consistent performer. Been AML most of the season and he's been a beast. Not bad for an out of contract thirty year old.

going well - won 3, drawn 1 in the league, won both LC ties.

2-0 @ narwich - hobbs & buzaky

2-1 @ bradford - buzaky & rossi mcgugan missed a penalty, levi porter came on for them and missed a sitter to take it to extra time

1-1 v Palace - McCarthy OG

1-0 @ Brizzle city - last minute wonder goal from long (recieves ball 50 yards out on right wing, cuts inside, hits the byline, fakes a cross, pulls it back round david james and taps home) after neilson had been sent off

2-1 v S****horpe (cup) - Austin & Buzaky

1-0 v Sheff Utd - Vanttaglito (sp)

Has anybody been offerd a player by an agent from another club then you bid for the certain player then there not interested in a move to your club yet?

Yeah. Happened to me once or twice when I've been offered some previously unheard of Brazillian kid with mega stats for little money. Offered him a decent contract and the agent said it sounded ok, but then the player wouldn't come over!

Still in the Championship?

Then if so I think CM is probably the one part of the squad you don't really need to improve. Basturk is the only signing I regret, picked him up on a free and he can't get in my side. Abe, Wellens and King are all cracking on this to be fair.

I signed Basturk too.

I could and should have gotten more for Moreno, Gallagher, Oakley, Fryatt and co' but I was on a massive mission to cleave through my wage bill (and I was feeling really lazy.)

transfersl.jpg

Think this screenshot also misses off me showing poor Lloyd Dyer the door on a free. I blame SI for giving him wank stats.

:ph34r:

I could and should have gotten more for Moreno, Gallagher, Oakley, Fryatt and co' but I was on a massive mission to cleave through my wage bill (and I was feeling really lazy.)

transfersl.jpg

Think this screenshot also misses off me showing poor Lloyd Dyer the door on a free. I blame SI for giving him wank stats.

:ph34r:

Ah man I feel done

Demble cost me £1.4 million. I got Church for £2.1 though so the two combined only set me back £200k more than you so that's ok.

going well - won 3, drawn 1 in the league, won both LC ties.

2-0 @ narwich - hobbs & buzaky

2-1 @ bradford - buzaky & rossi mcgugan missed a penalty, levi porter came on for them and missed a sitter to take it to extra time

1-1 v Palace - McCarthy OG

1-0 @ Brizzle city - last minute wonder goal from long (recieves ball 50 yards out on right wing, cuts inside, hits the byline, fakes a cross, pulls it back round david james and taps home) after neilson had been sent off

2-1 v S****horpe (cup) - Austin & Buzaky

1-0 v Sheff Utd - Vanttaglito (sp)

Where do you play Buzaky?

Where do you play Buzaky?

in the hole behind the two strikers in a 4-3-1-2 formation,

also scoring records (league): Miguel Vitor 1 in 2 (3 goals in 7), Long 1 in 2 (2 goals in 4), Hobbs 1 in 3 (2 goals in 7)

top o'the league after 7 and with a trip to chelsea in round 3 of the cup

Ah man I feel done

Demble cost me £1.4 million. I got Church for £2.1 though so the two combined only set me back £200k more than you so that's ok.

Did you start with an offer or just enquire? I enquired and they came back with 450k. Originally got my board to negotiate it but in that instance he chose to go to M. Haifa. I got lucky when Haifa had already got 5 non domestic players so couldn't sign him. Offered again but this time had to find the money myself 'cos the board wouldn't back it any more which was sort of annoying.

Hence the big clear out of the wage bill and the big reshuffle of budgets.

Confirmed promotion with a 2 - 1 away at Forest, cheeky. lol

Boro officially fooked it up. They were ten points ahead of me in January, four points ahead of me in March, now with three games to go I'm three points clear at the top of the league!

I've got Reading (18th), Leeds (relegated, 24th, by a long way) and Cardiff (6th) still to play, in that order. But I'm on a 12 game winning streak and I can't see Reading or Leeds ending it and hopefully, given me staggering goal difference over Boro, even if I lose to Cardiff and they win their remaining three I should be Champions.

:scarf: :scarf:

Now if only Church could bag a hat-trick or so in our remaining games he might finish the season top scorer and give me something extra to brag about.

PROMOTED

Came 2nd behind Newcastle by 2 points, pretty annoying because we both lost on the last day of the season aswell so I could have nicked 1st if my goalkeeper hadn't come rushing out like an idiot leaving the goal wide open for an easy long ranger. :(

Ah well, hopefully I get some decent wonga for the Prem, then I can buy this Church fellow and see what all the fuss is about.

roman bendnar....best loan signing ive ever made. scored off the bench and set up gallagher to lead us to a 2-1 victory at pride park.

shame he wasnt there to help me when i lost to forest at home the weekend before but hey im still 4th. 10 points off the joint leaders forest and burnley. if memory serves me right reading are 3rd. tight league. very tight. found some good training on fm-base and some of their tactics work well. got the swansea manager sacked too when i drummed his side 4-0 at the liberty stadium.

Ah well, hopefully I get some decent wonga for the Prem, then I can buy this Church fellow and see what all the fuss is about.

Church was a fantastic Championship striker but I was kidding when I said he was my new Lewandowski, I mostly targetted him because he was Welsh and cheaper than Ched Evans; I have no idea how he'll perform in the Premiership and my AM rates him as having the potential to be 'a Good Premiership Player' which suggests -7 / - 8 at best.

Of the two I mentioned, Garra Dembele is worth a look as his stats are probably good enough to be decent in the Prem for very, very cheap but if I were you I'd be looking out for genuine quality.

First thing I'm going to do when I'm promoted is try Romelu Lukaka. He MIGHT not be interested but he's currently only valued at 1.8m and only on about 4k wages at Anderlecht with no other clubs interested. If he'll come to a newly promoted Prem side he'll be steal of the century.

Almost certainly a -9/-10.

Oh, PS: As soon as I clarified promotion, by AM made a whole load of players on my scouting list "realistic targets", ie they re-appeared through my filter. Amongst them were a LOT of great players from the Brazilian league who would "be extremely interested in signing," including Neymar - Wonderkid.

Probably wouldn't be cheap but definitely worth a punt depending on how much you get to spend. Let us know your budgets.

:)

Archived