Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

I tried to avoid signing Leigh Griffiths as I always use him, tried to be different this file. I am 2nd after 24 games with 48 Points. On a 5 game winning streak at the moment after a spell where I drew 4 and lost 2, kept on conceding late goals. Seemed to have sorted that now. Got Connor Wickham joining in 5 days (tis boxing day), but Fryatt and Waggy are working well atm. I have also signed Craig Conway and Andrew Driver who have both been very good, especially Conway. Great value for money.

Decent Left-back anyone?

I have 3 million to spend

paddy van aanholt from chelsea on loans doing a job for me.

And i've just had a game that reminds me why i love FM so much - City at home to reading. Start brightly but fail to take chances, reading get a "penalty" (very soft, no way in hell was it a foul) and score - Leicester 0-1 Reading. FH goes by, very boring but reading in the ascendency.

Early in the SH defence opens up and reading notch a second. Leicester 0-2 Reading and with the way things were going it could easily end up 5 or 6 - So i do what i know best, treble substitution and go hell for leather.

Vassell, King, Wellens on, Griffiths, Luccin (free transfer CM), Blanco off.

Van aanholt swings in a cross, charlie austin (950k) diving header in front of the kop, Goal!!!!! Leicester 1-2 Reading and half an hour to go.

Ten minutes later Vassell breaks down the right wing, pulls it across and simon church (2.6m) taps home. 2 all and leicester on top.

Sraight from kickoff reading go down the other end, win a corner, scznzney (sp - Loan from arsenal) is beaten, surely a goal but Coelho clears off the line.

Leicester charging foward and balls swung into box, ricoches round and austin pokes it goalwards, off the bar but king following up taps home.

The turn around is complete, from 2-0 down to 3-2 up in 15 minutes.

FT Leicester 3 (Austin 60, Church 69, King 75) - Reading 2 (MacAnuff 28 (p), Davies 52)

How the **** are you supposed to compete in the Premier League on this? It's a joke.

I've tried counter attacking tactics, I've tried all out attack tactics and I just get battered all the time. Granted my defence isn't the best in the world but surely my attacking qualities should somewhat shine through?

:(

How the **** are you supposed to compete in the Premier League on this? It's a joke.

I've tried counter attacking tactics, I've tried all out attack tactics and I just get battered all the time. Granted my defence isn't the best in the world but surely my attacking qualities should somewhat shine through?

Feel the same way. FM 10 was a walk in the park for me. This is a lot more challenging to stay in the prem.

He was absolutely unreal for me on FML, think that was using the '09 DB though, might not be quite as good on here.

Just got into the premiersahip and my scouts said take a look at this guy like, i should be able to get him for £9.5m!!

So you got a good bit of business there pal

Right, Chris Eagles got sent off last man and deserved it. I decided to take the chance to save the club money and fine him 2 weeks wages but now the whole team has turned against me and ive fell out of the automatic spots struggling to win. Any ideas to get my team morale back up? It was brilliant before.

First of all, for red cards, unless they're persistently getting loads of them only ever warn them. Always do discipline them but the key is to not be too harsh and to always be consistent.

Secondly. try and single out the players that aren't just on low morale but actually have a "Concern" about it. Have a private chat and see if there are options to swing them around a bit.

Then chat to players individual, praise anyone that's on reasonable form, get them to suggest coaches, rubbish like that. Anything to make them happy using the Private Chat basically.

End of the day though if you can win a few on the bounce then morale will come back.

Will let you know, I'm about to start the season! :thumbup:

I've signed some crazy attacking talent but the only improvement I made to my back four was Woodgate on a free and he's predictably injured for six weeks.

lol

I'm going to be the Blackpool of my load. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK, concede six, ATTACK!

Cheers Finners, went into a free fall and just stayed in the play offs on goal difference. Get Leeds in the semis and again Eagles gets sent off but after 5 minutes I thought I was buggered but no super Matty pops up with 2 and completely dominated. Second leg went 1 down early on they then scored a secong in the 94th minute, typical. But big Tunch pops up in the 119th minute and hello Swansea in the final. Comfortable 2-1 win and im there at the 3rd time of asking.

Beat Blackpool in the third round of the coca-cola cup 1-0 away at Bloomfield Road. And, it was my second side team which I was very pleased with.

Got Bolton in the next round and just played it. Went 1-0 via Waghorn and then Cahill scored before Fabrice Muamba tapped home (he should have been sent off ages before that). Anyway, Howard missed a open net in last minute - second time he has done that this season.

Very dissapointing in the end.

Just signed some decent players for City, tried to get Curtis Davies but wanted 7.5 million and Kyle Naughton but nothing being accepted or negotiated with that!.

Signed:-

Peter Whittingham - 1.4 mil

Mitchell Burgzorg - only 22 and looks a good right back and....FREE

Aron Gunnarson - 1.3

Jay Bothroyd - 2 mil

Tommy Spurr - 600k

Greg Cunningham - Loan

So far......

Archived