Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

What do you mean by "transferred everything over?" Because your saved game file is in the "games" sub-folder of your Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2011 in your My Documents.

If you put that file in the identical folder in your new laptop it should be there. Remember FM will need to be patched up to the same level as on your other computer.

Cheers Finnegan. I transferred across the 'Steam' folder and installed FM2009 on my new laptop (the only one I had a disc for). As I thought, Steam updated to include FM11, but hasn't saved my current game - even though the 'games' sub-folder has moved across with the 'steam' folder. Weird.

Anyway not to worry - after a cracking start to the season I'm doing shit now! Tempted to write it off and start over...

Season 1 - Rotherham

League 2 - 1st

League Cup - Qtr Final, losing to Man City, but scalping Coventry, Sheff U and Swansea in the process.

FA Cup - 4th Round, losing to Peterborough

JPT - Final, losing to Peterborough

Leicester finished 14th in the Championship

------------------

Season 2 - Rotherham

League 1 - 1st

League Cup - 4th Round, losing to Aston Villa

FA Cup - 3rd Round, losing to Charlton

JPT - 2nd Round, losing to Carlisle

Leicester finished 23rd in the Championship

------------------

I got £30m in my 2nd season, I really take care of my finances now because if you're in the red at any point during pre season they proper take it out of your transfer kitty.

Saying that, I could barely sign anyone. I had to raid the French league because players from other leagues didn't want to come to my poor ol' Leicester side.

I got Steven Defour and Sulley Muntari on frees. Suck on that.

Those I can believe.

... but Didier Drogba to Leicester, on a free, in the third season? :blink:

Oh well, I suppose I'll find out soon! It's January 15h for me, just beaten Chelsea 1 - 0, am 7th in my first Prem season having slipped from 5th.

Couldn't resist signing Beckham on a free to see what impact he'd have on shirt sales. lol

Depends on what sort of player your best goal scorer is. If he's a big lad with a good head, make him a target and ping things at him. If he's not, make him a poacher.

What's more important than the role you give him is the midfield behind him. I frequently played with only one striker (Lewandowski, often) in 2009 and got a lot of goals by ensuring I had a LOT of through-balls putting him one-on-one.

I play a short passing game, working the ball into the box Arsenal style. My best striker is a bit of everything, good at heading, quick, strong. I think the lone role is made for him actually.

What roles would you suggest for the midfielders then?

Defour

Gago

Muntari

M Diarra

Hargreaves

They're my best midfielders, I'm sure I'm forgetting someone (not on it atm) but yeah, pick three of them and give them roles for me plz.

I don't actually need to change my formation either, it's doing well but I feel like I'd score loads more if I had an extra midfielder seeing as I've got real quality in that poisition.

If you don't need to change your formation then I wouldn't, personally. Just bite the bullet and drop whoever's not performing or sell one to bring in a better second forward.

What's your formation at the moment?

Tactics is the thing I've fiddled around with the least in this version and some of my favourites from 2009 don't seem as successful at the moment so I don't feel over qualified to giving you tips on 4 5 1.

That said, it's something I might play about with next season if I can get a really quality AMC or if Christian Eriksen starts improving.

Archived