Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

fook you howard webb :mad: . Playing at villa in the LC semis first leg, two minutes in and charlie austin latches on to a griffiths through ball, slams it through brad guzan ,1-0 city but webb disallows it for offside when he clearly ran from behind the centre back and is just yonks faster than curtis davies & james collins.

0-0 it finished and i've got to face the at home now.

Also pissed off with milan, I requested a new contract on the basis that i deserve rewarding for my achievements at the club (unbeaten all season, 14 points clear at the top of the league, into the lc semis) - he replies "while we agree with your reasoning, you haven't done enough for the club to warrant a new contract" :ermm:

My new game with Cardiff going much better, currently in January and top of the League plus still in both cups (F.A 4th round and League cup semi final - beat Liverpool away in the Quarters 3-1 with a Bellamy hat trick, which was nice.)

Haven't had to add too much in the way of signings apart from a couple of defenders.

I had Terry McDermott AM. He was excellent. Sadly, at a busy point of the season I overlooked West Ham offering him a contract.

I am now without. Hoping the board agree to meet John Park's wage demands in the summer. He's been my AM since FM2007.

just come off after losing 2-0 to southampton in the league. still 3 points clear at the top of the league. starting to finally turn a profit. nearly had viera and owen but couldnt get money in time. sold all them free transfers i got for a tidy profit and kept the good ones. hobbs went rangers for 2 million and im still 10k over my wage budget after the january transfer window. 45 points left up for grabs and im 20 points clear of 7th so just a few more wins and im at least in the playoffs.

Simon Church in his first Premiership season, as of Feb 11th, 2012.

simonchurch.png

In March now and he has 9 assists, 24 goals and a 7.5 rating being touted as a candidate for player of the year. Frankly if he doesn't get it I'll be gobsmacked given he's leagues ahead of goals and player rating (Rooney behind him in both, 19 goals and 7.38 rating.)

Simon Church in his first Premiership season, as of Feb 11th, 2012.

simonchurch.png

In March now and he has 9 assists, 24 goals and a 7.5 rating being touted as a candidate for player of the year. Frankly if he doesn't get it I'll be gobsmacked given he's leagues ahead of goals and player rating (Rooney behind him in both, 19 goals and 7.38 rating.)

I have started again, signed Church along with Rickie Lambert as the target man.

Where'd you get the face pack from in the end? I'm using cutouts but yours look a load better.

Finnegan is his stats down to your training? Or natural development?

I've only really just set up my training schedules properly, I rushed them to begin with and just sort of got on with the game - that latest surge in his stats that's in the screenshot was really just him re-gaining some stats that he'd lost from lazy trianing to be honest, I gave him a bollocking and they came back a week or so later.

So I'd say natural development as long as he's on a reasonable schedule, nothing special. Finishing is the only technical stat that's gone up noticably, I think, and then only from 15 to 16 which just sort of looks more impressive than it is because of the bold lettering, heh. His physical stats have all improved by about 1 though, I've had him on a "Quickness" individual focus from the start. The +1 strength is recent.

All in all he's just got reasonably good stats to start with to be honest. :dunno:

Edit: It is worth looking at those stats before you go nuts over him, though. It's important to note he doesn't have amazing technique, dribbling, flair, long shots or creativity. He won't dribble miles through the heart of the opposition defence or scream in "a Torres" from miles out.

Think of him as Tony Cottee, Superpippo Inzaghi or one Mr. Lineker. Fox-in-the-box, you'll have to have tactics that create chances in and around the area or release him one-on-one; to that end the most important thing I trained him on was "Likes To Beat The Offside Trap" as a special move.

I have started again, signed Church along with Rickie Lambert as the target man.

Where'd you get the face pack from in the end? I'm using cutouts but yours look a load better.

I actually made that particular image (and a few missing ones from my facepack) myself because I thought the original Simon Church from the pack looked retarded and I'm that picky lol.

I'm using these, though, because I don't like the cut-outs:

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/47143-df10-facepack-season-1011/

If I could be bothered I'd probably download the cuts out and then put these over the top but that'd take effort picking and removing stuff heh.

I keep getting praised by oposition managers for my passing football but I've not won a game in the league, I don't think (at college at the moment). Playing as AFC Wimbledon btw.#

EDIT: Won one game, got thrashed 6-0 last match though and still got praise for my style of football.

Just started the first season with leicester, Took a shot on that simon church aswell and loooks like its going to pay off, 5 goals in 3 games including a hat trick in his second league game.

2 wins 7 scored and 0 conceded. So far, so good

Bernard Mendy thats on a free at the start of the game has created a few and scored a couple aswell for anyone starting

Archived