Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Two five three?! Ahaha. I like. You'd need some shit-hot CBs though! Mad.

tunchev and hobbs are my current cb pairing. Basically 4-3-3 when you haven't got the ball, the full backs become wingers the moment you get possession.

through to the final of the lc - facing wigan.

Also 5th round Fa cup, man city (3-0 @ huddersfield in rd 3), Liverpool (pens v blackpool in rd 3) & arsenal (2-1 v reading in rd 4) all out while i beat s'hampton 2-1 (howard 2) and huddersfield 4-1 (Coelho, Tunchev, Hobbs, Blanco)

3 points off the play offs in 8th place at the start of November.

Franco up top has 8 goals in 8 games, he's been injured twice though. Mphela and Diego Tristan being rotated as his partner, we're top scorers in the league by a mile, scored in every game. Now to get this defence sorted and we should go up.

Finished 2nd, 3pts behind Forest. My team got 81 goals and Commons was my top scorer with 11, so basically everyone chipped in.

Massive summer coming up with lots of good players needed.

Signings for my first season in the prem:

Jonathan Woodgate - Free

Marco Di Vaio - Free

Sotiris Kyrgiakos - Free

Michael Owen - Free

Kyle Walker - Season Loan

Daniel Kofi Agyei - Season Loan

Khouma Babacar - Season Loan

Titouan Haas - Season Loan

Kyle Naughton - 3.4m

Miles Addison - 725k

Robert Green - 4.5m

Borja Valero - 2.4m

Chris Brunt - 6m

Hopefully got a big enough squad, but whether i have enough quality is a different matter.

Will post updates.

As much as I am benefiting from it and it's nice, the amount of quality players that walk out of clubs for free on this is a bit stupid. I've just got some gems, not least Yuri Zhirkov completely free.

And it's one thing when they're 32, 33 and it's just that their stats were so high they're still good even though they've degraded (like the chap that signed Drogba.) But Zhirkov's 28 and he's one of about eight or nine really, really high profile free signings that went at the end of this season.

Genuinely think that should be looked at by SI. Just makes the game a bit too easy if all you have to do is wait for contracts to expire to be able to pick up players way above your level.

:dunno:

Just do a search towards the end of the season for players whose contracts are expiring, turn off "realistic signings" and track them all.

Once they actually EXPIRE they'll be far more likely to sign for you. About 70% of them will either sign for their clubs or go to other top teams but there'll always be some that fall through the net.

It's a bit crazy.

Second season in Prem just finished (with Drogba et al) finished runner up to Yanited. Hope to win it next season.

That Brazilian Willian got footballer of the year and my £6.5mil signing from the previous season Franck Tabanou got young player of the year! :)

I of course got manager of the year.

the drog finished up with

23(1) 13 goals 6 assists in the league. He had a bit of an injury in the middle of the season.

29(1) 16 goals in all comps.

Just do a search towards the end of the season for players whose contracts are expiring, turn off "realistic signings" and track them all.

Once they actually EXPIRE they'll be far more likely to sign for you. About 70% of them will either sign for their clubs or go to other top teams but there'll always be some that fall through the net.

It's a bit crazy.

Cheers, sounds stupid but do you have to go through every player and how do you turn off "realistic signings".

Use the filter for your search, add Contracts > Expiring (6 months) or (3 months) depending on when you are in the season. Bottom left hand corner of the window there's a tick box for having your assistant manager filter out unrealistic signings.

And no you don't HAVE to go through every single one, chances are you'll recognize a lot of them as big name players anyway.

Try not to get your hopes up. The very best WILL still go to top clubs but there's always a few ridiculous bargains to be had. The guy that got Drogba got insanely lucky but you'll still find something good no doubt.

Use the filter for your search, add Contracts > Expiring (6 months) or (3 months) depending on when you are in the season. Bottom left hand corner of the window there's a tick box for having your assistant manager filter out unrealistic signings.

And no you don't HAVE to go through every single one, chances are you'll recognize a lot of them as big name players anyway.

Cheers Finners :thumbup:

word of warning. if phil brown takes over a team, win every game you can. he took over bristol city just after christmas on my game and now with 6 games left im 2 points ahead of them at the top. hes took them from 16th to 2nd! (first for one game thanks to me drawing 0-0. 4 games left and theres 2 points seperating me from bristol in 2nd and 6 from west brom in third (league cup finalists lost 3-1 aet to west ham.) nothing is ever simple for me it has to become dramatic *cue the cutscenes at the start of our live matches*

abe will be gone when im up he has set up with a new team for next season in france but gonna look for a replacement somewhere. also holloway is derbys 3rd boss in 2 seasons. lol.

Try not to get your hopes up. The very best WILL still go to top clubs but there's always a few ridiculous bargains to be had. The guy that got Drogba got insanely lucky but you'll still find something good no doubt.

Spot on Finners, i normally sort by value, then click on the top one, scroll down a bit, hold "shift" then scout the top 10 or 20 players like, obviously helps you out if you dont know the players.

NB: you need a half decent scout, something like 15 for the two judging stats. Also need to make sure where the players are based, cus your board may not allow you to scout further afield, so the option wont be there :)

Archived