Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

This is based on the Player Search tbf, the way it values players is ridiculous really.

I just raid the French league now, some quality players there. Found this left back called Luis Ibanez and he's great on it. Better than Danny Fox (my other LB) anyway.

Ah. I basically stopped using the player search except for on limited occasions. It seems to be a lot shitter than it used to be.

Peculiar. I'm guessing you don't have the Bulgarian league on?

A wikipedia search suggests he's only just joined them in real life at the start of this season. It may be significant that I signed him in January. There's others that have signed him, think DB11 said he has - when did you get him?

If you're trying in the first summer you might get the same problem some had with Lewandowski in 09, in that it's a tad early.

On everyone of my last few games the opposition manager has came out and said that they dont believe i can get leicester promoted aha, Clear at the top by ten points halfway through the season and on a 12 game unbeaten run says otherwise

Glad I stuck with Vassel. Whenever church doesnt score he does. They're 1st and 2nd top scorers in the league

Loving this FM. Lost with Leicester in the play off final on penalties to Ipswich. After that I decided to start as Dortmund, and all is well so far. First season transfer dealings went like this..

Signed:

Emre Colak - 1M

Vrsaljko - 900k

Dodo - 2.3m

Sold:

Hajnal - 2.8m

Sobiech - 1.8m

= +300k

Won the league by about 8 points, Barrios was an absolute animal infront of goal, Sahin & Subotic were insane as well. Got to the Europa League Final, after knocking Man City out on penalties away, coming back from a 2-0 first leg defeat. Lost to Liverpool 4-2.

Second season deals..

Signed:

Colin-Kazim Richards, Selcuk Inan, Muhammet Demir, Christian Pander - Free

Suarez - 6m

Chike Lala (Regen) - 3m

Ramsey, Weiss & Hutton - Loan

2nd in the League 7 games in, 4 points of Leverkusen who look like they'll run away with it.

Thought i'd show you this Regen I snapped up from PSG. Currently 2.5* at 16, maximum of 4.5*. Not bad at 16..

yfcox.png

results from tonights little stint.

leicester 1-2 arsenal (they went down to 10 men after 24 minutes and then grabbed a late winner)

spurs 0-2 leicester (what is it with leicester and spurs?! jenas header and bentley penalty....up yours redknapp)

(LC) bolton 1-0 leicester (last minute winner)

leicester 1-1 liverpool

everton 2-1 leicester

leicester 2-1 west brom

aston villa 1-2 leicester (went 1-0 down but waghorn and vassell off the bench!)

sitting 10th so far but you guys were not kidding about this league being a struggle! im working 10x harder just to get tight results.

Love last minute winners on this. Had to play forest at home after a tight schedule and a couple of draws. Was 1-1 with like 30 minutes to go and my midfield was knackered. Threw gallagher on for probably his 2nd run out of the season aha. He scores a 30 yarder in the last minute. Hero

Just had the exact same thing happen against derby a couple of games later. Another rarely used sub.

Maybe i should throw them into the starting line up aha

A wikipedia search suggests he's only just joined them in real life at the start of this season. It may be significant that I signed him in January. There's others that have signed him, think DB11 said he has - when did you get him?

January 2011

I play:

----------- GK -------------

DR -- CB -- CB -- DL

----------- DM ------------

----- CM ---- CM --------

AMR --------------- AML

----------- ST -------------

Home:

Balanced / Control

Push up, Wide, Quick

Short Passing.

The DM has a defend duty, the CMs both have a support duty.

The AMR, AML and ST all have attacking duties.

If the team you're playing is shite, then push the DM up to make a 3 man midfield, make him a ball winner and maybe give one of your CMs a 'Advanced Playmaker' role. I do this quite a lot with Defour when I'm playing relegation contenders, their midfield usually can't contain your's so you score quite a few.

Away:

Balanced / Control or Counter (if they're a good side like Chelsea/United)

Normal, Wide, Normal (These often change depending on the Pre Match Report by your Assistant)

Default passing or More Direct (if they're a good side)

The DM will be an Anchor Man, the right hand CM will become a ball winning midfielder.

Everything else stays pretty much the same.

Seems to be working alright for me. Obviously varies depending what sort of team you have. I love my wingers so this is great, gives them loads of freedom to just bomb forward.

i play:

gk

cb - cb

wb ----------------------------wb

cm ---- cm---- cm

st ----- st ------- st

central CM is a box to box midfielder, the others advanced playmakers (set to support), side strikers are poachers, central striker target man (set to attack), wing backs on automatic, cb on defend.

Instructions (no matter what team i play):

Home:

Attacking/overload

pass to feet, get ball foward, hassle opponents, get stuck in, take more risks (only availble with overload)

Away:

Attacking/overload

pass to feet, get ball foward, hassle opponents, get stuck in, take more risks (only availble with overload)

you get a fair few goals if you have your best header attack the back post from corners and have every corner played to the back post

Archived