Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Gona start again with Leicester who are the best players to sign to get promoted need help things just dont seam to work for me finished 15th got scaked :dunno: Simon church was my top scorer with 7 but that was like 1 in every 5 vassell was second with 5 lol

Leigh Griffiths, scotland under 21 striker from dundee. If you've got the patch on there they're in admin and with accept pretty much any offer for him (offered face value first time round - too good to accept so you might want to see how far down you can push the price) - scored 22 in 42 for me so far this season.

Sebastian Blanco - got him for 4.2m from lanus + 500k promotion clause - good quality, creative midfielder, got about 10 from centre mid, pretty keen on the long ranges.

Leigh Griffiths, scotland under 21 striker from dundee. If you've got the patch on there they're in admin and with accept pretty much any offer for him (offered face value first time round - too good to accept so you might want to see how far down you can push the price) - scored 22 in 42 for me so far this season.

Sebastian Blanco - got him for 4.2m from lanus + 500k promotion clause - good quality, creative midfielder, got about 10 from centre mid, pretty keen on the long ranges.

Where do you get the patch from? The SI website?

Gona start again with Leicester who are the best players to sign to get promoted need help things just dont seam to work for me finished 15th got scaked :dunno: Simon church was my top scorer with 7 but that was like 1 in every 5 vassell was second with 5 lol

Not being funny but it's probably your tactics and not your players. The actual squad you start with at Leicester is good enough to finish top 6 without any major signings and bringing in Church and Vassell (who another poster here has as the top two strikers in the league on his save, I think?) should have really helped your cause as that's where Leicester are weakest on this by a long way.

Might want to read up on some tactical guides (google it) on the SI forums and see if you can pick up any tips.

Where do you get the patch from? The SI website?

yep. Think there's a link earlier on in the thread.

edit: and got a monitor sorted, back on the march. Won promotion 0n 19th march and the title on the 2nd april. absolutely charging away, no other team in the football league has confirmed a play-off space and i've won the title.

looking at a lad called blazuz duzdusek (sp), hungarian winger plays for psv - any good?

Church and vassell have got over 20 goals each for me and ive not even finished the season

sign bernard mendy on a free, hes been quality on my game. Got a guy called Fahey in as back up aswell whos good enough to start tbh.

shit: only got 3 players home-grown by the club (2 of whom i can't find) so need to leave spaces open in squad registration.

These are the players in my first team, I have no transfer budget left so can't replace any of them, bold indicates i want to keep them and italics that they don't need to be registered:

Alex Smithies - GK

Juan Valera - D/WB/M R

Alex Tunchev - D LC

Leonel Galeano - DC

Patrick Van Aanholt D/WB L

Sebastian Blanco M RLC/ AM RC

Jakob Poulsen - M/AM RLC

Christoph Knasmullener M/AM C

Andres Guardado - WB/M/AM L

Leigh Griffiths - ST

Chuco Benitez - ST

Chris Weale - GK

Jack Hobbs - DC

Yuki Abe - DM/M RLC

Ola Toivonen - AMC/ST

Andy King M/AM C (only homegrown player in first team squad)

Sergio Araujo - ST

Charlie Austin - ST

Bruno Berner - D LC

Moreno - D/DM/M C

Shameus Coleman D/WB R

Coelho - D/WB/M R

Peter Luccin - DM/M C

Ritchie Wellens MC

Paul Gallagher - MR/ AM RC/ ST

Adam Hammill - M/AM RL

Tommy Bechmann - AM R/ST

Darius Vassell - ST

Steve Howard - ST

Simon Church - ST

Martyn Waghorn - ST

Who do i sell/ not bother registering bearing in mind i can only have a 24 man squad and there are 18 players (including those 2 other homegrown players and discounting those young enough to play without being registered) who i need to have in my squad?

shit: only got 3 players home-grown by the club (2 of whom i can't find) so need to leave spaces open in squad registration.

These are the players in my first team, I have no transfer budget left so can't replace any of them, bold indicates i want to keep them and italics that they don't need to be registered:

Alex Smithies - GK

Juan Valera - D/WB/M R

Alex Tunchev - D LC

Leonel Galeano - DC

Patrick Van Aanholt D/WB L

Sebastian Blanco M RLC/ AM RC

Jakob Poulsen - M/AM RLC

Christoph Knasmullener M/AM C

Andres Guardado - WB/M/AM L

Leigh Griffiths - ST

Chuco Benitez - ST

Chris Weale - GK

Jack Hobbs - DC

Yuki Abe - DM/M RLC

Ola Toivonen - AMC/ST

Andy King M/AM C (only homegrown player in first team squad)

Sergio Araujo - ST

Charlie Austin - ST

Bruno Berner - D LC

Moreno - D/DM/M C

Shameus Coleman D/WB R

Coelho - D/WB/M R

Peter Luccin - DM/M C

Ritchie Wellens MC

Paul Gallagher - MR/ AM RC/ ST

Adam Hammill - M/AM RL

Tommy Bechmann - AM R/ST

Darius Vassell - ST

Steve Howard - ST

Simon Church - ST

Martyn Waghorn - ST

Who do i sell/ not bother registering?

Moreno most importantly.

Charlie Austin, he's not brilliant is he.

top scorer first season, probably going to be backup for griffiths (brilliant player - signed for 350k now worth 3.5m after 1 season.) and chucho this season,

but with his scoring record in the league first season and the fact he popped up with a fair few in the LC means i can hardly just get rid of him without seeing if he can carry it over into a prem season.

been said many times but simon church (reading) and leigh griffiths (dundee) destroy the championship.

Cheers mate, do you know if tugs training and the facepacks I downloaded for fm10 will work on this game?

I have Araujo. Not developing as I'd hoped though, will probably sack him off if I can find a regen that out-shines him as my youngster. Got Villalva, too, they're Argentina U21s starting strike partnership which is a nice boast but they're realistically miles from my team.

Seamus Coleman is solid, though. Had him on loan in the first season and brought him in January in the second for 1.4m when he demanded a transfer.

Archived