Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

currently sitting 10th with the foxes after 17 games. some lucky games some unlucky but got 25 points so im only 15 away from my target of "safe in the premier league" total.

got offered the job at spurs and used it to play hard ball with mandaric to get more % of the transfer funds, if i had took the spurs job i would have had 35m to spend on transfers though. Shame they were sitting 5 places below me when they approched me. They went for pulis in the end. then got linked with the man city job but never heard anything of that. then they come to mine and beat me 1-0 thanks to a keiran westwood own goal (he didnt stand much chance it came off the post and hit his back.)

had a wager with my mate. the first one to win a european cup group game has to buy the other a christmas present. i feel i may be getting a lava lamp from santa!

Currently sitting mid-table in the Prem with Leicester in season 2 after 7 games. Won the Championship in season 1 and only spent about £3m. Defence is extremely good but struggling to score goals.

GK - Fabian Carini

RB - Ryan Taylor (loan)

LB - Javier Garrido

CB - Aleksandar Tunchev

CB - Jack Hobbs ©

DM - Jeremy Clement (loan)

CM - Yuki Abe

CM - Andy King

AML - Bebe (loan)

AMR - Junior Stanislas

ST - Garra Dembele (thanks Finnegan)

Subs:

Chris Weale

Jose Goncalves (amazingly fast and strong CB signed on a free in season 1 - was a first teamer but just returned from injury)

Richie Wellens

Abubakari Yakubu

Simon Cox

Michael Owen

Maxime Lestienne

Signed Michael Owen on a free at the age of 31 (only wanted £20k per week), my top scorer with 2 goals in 3 but now out injured for 3 months.

Signing of the season in the Championship was me landing Simon Cox from West Brom for free. Was scoring more than 1 in 2 until I signed Dembele in Jan.

Have no money left and my squad midfield depth is desperately thin.

After five seasons with Rotherham, I've just taken the Leicester job.

Leicester are at the near the bottom of the Championship and should prove to be a nice challenge alongside looking after the Scottish national side. My 76% games won could be set for a dip!!

After five seasons with Rotherham, I've just taken the Leicester job.

Leicester are at the near the bottom of the Championship and should prove to be a nice challenge alongside looking after the Scottish national side. My 76% games won could be set for a dip!!

3 years in and im still at 56%....you never know!

Just turned down the Fiorentina job who have Jovetic, Babacar and a 20M+ transfer kitty, I must be mad.

lol

I did something like that on FM10, I was with Crewe in league 1 and was offered the Leverkusen job with a £25m transfer budget and I declined, I just don't like leaving a club and having to near enough start from scratch.

Using the 8, 14, 20 system to make fairly generic positional schedules (Wing, AMC, DMC, full back, centre back, big striker, little striker, keeper.)

I have a few person specific schedules for either super young regens or really old veterans (the former with less physical stat emphasis because they gen with high speed but high skills cos they need to develop, the latter the visa versa.)

On the average player, with reasonable coaching and good facilities, eight notches up should be the "sustain" point for your skills, fourteen should see improvement and twenty should be the maximum. Ergo, with good facilities (which Leicester has) and four-or-so star coaches you should only ever really need 20 at most notches in any one thing.

Anyone know any good players to sign for Hinckley in the BSN? My knowledge of players at that standard is non existant.

With Hinckley United being Leicesters feeder team or associated with them have you tried looking in the Leicester squad?

With Hinckley United being Leicesters feeder team or associated with them have you tried looking in the Leicester squad?

Yeah, got Chambers and Verma on loan. Ill have a look at that player the previous poster said thanks.

Signed Fabian Carini on a free great keeper

Carini has been my number one for first season in Prem with Leicester. I have the 4th best defensive record in the league. 14 clean sheets in 33 games so far.

He is still going to be replaced next season though as I have an amazing keeper coming in on a free...

Carini has certainly played his part in my great defensive record. I'm still amazed that it is so good as I have my original Championship central pairing of Tunchev and Hobbs!

Signed Naughton at RB and he has been immense too.

My biggest signing has been Adam Johnson from Man City for around £4m. He is tearing up the left side.

I was the same in my first prem season. 'Forgot' to sign defenders so had Hobbs, Tunch, Morrison, Lamey and Berner all year.

Signed Zhirkov, Pyatov, Medel, Diakhate and some French wonderkid in the summer and now my defence is worse! Haha.

In other news, Stoke have taken Everton's crown as the only team in this version to make me rage-quit. No matter what systen I use, I dominate but can't get by their fifty-two man defence and they always get a scrappy one from a set piece. Credit to SI for their realism.

I love Carini. Had him on a free in the champ and he's still number two behind Pyatov now as I chase a CL place. He loves me, the club and about half the squad too haha. He wants to be a coach, really hope he gets good stats.

Any idea as to what effects the stats they get as a coach?

It wasn't a case of forgetting to sign defenders for me, I simply couldn't afford to! Had to rely on loan players to make up my first XI. Don't see any point in replacing Hobbs and Tunch tho as they have been rocks. I have Garrido and Naughton as full backs, so slightly better than Lamey and Berner. lol

Stoke are the modern day Wimbledon. Anti-football.

Archived