Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

i was struggerling in the prem, i was 18th played 9 games, everyother club had played 12/13 games, then all of a sudden stuck a run together and boom i'm 8th!!

lets hope it stays that way!

I was having a good season beat D***Y 3-1 then my comp did a update when i was playing and i hadnt saved the game from start :angry: :angry: :angry: so have had to start again things aint going well for me :(

So have now started again signed

Gai Assulin Fabian Carini Jay Demerit Shaleum Logan Simon Church Micheal Ball George Boyd David Healy (Loan) Chris Smalling (Loan)

Out Matty Fryatt 1.8M Stoke Robbie Neilson free

Pre season so far

Luton 1-1 Leicester

Bayern Munich 2-2 Leicester

Leicester 4-0 Berwick

Church with 3 Vassell with 3 Healey 1

7 games left of my first season in the prem. got 41 points now after a 3-0 away win at bolton so im declaring myself safe now.

results of interest

2-2 against arsenal (2-0 down after 60 minutes then me being a tactical genius got us playing again and we equalised in the 94th minute thanks to andy king)

0-0 against chelsea

6-2 loss against liverpool. jesus torres is amazing on this

beat villa 2-1 in the league then had them in the cup 4 days later and lost 3-1.

sitting 11th now and im happy ive avoided the drop. dont know where i will go from here. need a cup under my belt from somewhere but im blowing so hot and cold i cant maintain the form to get a really good cup run going. can anyone reccomend a couple of strong defenders?

Would have helped if you spelt it right the first time. The search feature in this is very sensitive. :P

Anyway, I got wonderkid Christian Eriksen from Ajax instead at the start of the second season and he's been instrumental since. Cost me a million more than you paid for that guy but I'm pretty sure I got the better deal. :thumbup:

On that note, I've just picked up an awesome 16 year old regen from Watford. Not finding regens to be as crazy as in previous versions, though, on the whole. Not sure if that's been toned down.

Oh, edit:

Pretty sure most of you go to sleep when I start talking about training but anyway - disregard what I said last time! It turns out that the long-held 8/14/20 theory isn't as accurate as people (even Tugs himself) thought.

This is a good read for anyone who can be arsed:

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/48394-fm2011-training-masterclass/

Finished 11th in first Prem season. 4th best defence. Would have come 9th if I hadn't lost at home to Bolton on the last day - stupid Abe's fault for getting sent off for a two footed challenge in the 6th minute! :angry:

Not going well in season 3 though so far. First two games at home ended in defeats to Liverpool and Man City. Both keepers injured for those games so had to loan in Ben Amos in an emergency.

Current best XI:

GK - David Opsina

DR - Kyle Naughton

DL - Javier Garrido

CB - Martin Caceres

CB - Jack Hobbs

CM- Fernando Gago

CM - Lee Cattermole

AMR - David Bentley

AML - Adam Johnson

AMC - Hatem Ben Arfa

ST - Lacina Traore (6' 8" 21 yr old giant. Fought off AC Milan and Juventus for his signature. Gonna be a handful).

Subs:

GK - Fabian Carini

CB - Aleksandar Tunchev

CM - Andy King

CM - Jermaine Jenas

AMR - Junior Stanislas

ST - Garra Dembele

Somebody else

I think my poor start could be down to making too many changes at once to my first team. There are 6 new players compared to the team that finished last season. Maybe I should have introduced the new signings more gradually.....

BABACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR. :D :D :D :D :D

I have the money for Lukaku as well and he's interested. What a fucking front line that would be! Two amazing units. I would have literally no money left, though, which would make it slightly eccentric given I know Boriello and Church will still score goals.

Oh but the temptation....

I'm having a bit of a mare with Leicester, 52 days in the job and I've got 1 win from my 9 games in charge.

The squad is terrible, it seems a constant changing of managers on the game has left the squad in a right mess. An example would be 4 right backs in my 1st team squad but no right mid!! :dunno:

:o Paulo? - You failed once alright, stop trying again,

Ha Ha ...... now 2 in 10. Just sneak a 3-1 against Blackpool, still sitting 20th in the Cahmpionship though.

Also now have Javier Zanetti asthe clubs Chairman .... playing for my job now!!

Signed Church to follow the crowd, he's decent.

Bebe on loan from United and set Tottenham as my parent club, been offered 4/5 players including O'Hara, but I've got no wage money left to afford him, which is a bastard.

Archived