Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

There's a bit of a shortage of quality English youngsters. I got around it in the Champions League (which has almost identical selection rules as the Prem) by just not registering the full quota. Read the rules at the bottom; you can just register say 17 of your first squad (which, realistically, is going to let you register all your best players unless your squad is freakishly big) and have the rest is vacancies.

Each vacancy counts as a HG player.

I'm fine, personally, because I've got about six members of my first team squad are all U21. I've only actually got fifteen registered senior players.

Speaking of the Champions League; as the game predicted, I really struggled to qualify:

olymplol.jpg

:whistle:

Depends how crap your current one is. Generally every little helps but don't expect huge improvement with that alone.

Look at your cm's individual tactics and see if you can tone down his running. Box to box players will tire quickly, for example, while an anchor may not.

You can't under estimate the importance of an anchorman in this game. I was on the verge of the sack at Wigan whilst playing a 4-4-2 with wingers.

I've switched to a 4-5-1 with an anchorman and centre mids. Ditched the preset player settings and gone advanced, tweaking it so I retain the ball with short passing.

I've won 13 of my last 15 league games, moving me from 14th to 1st. Scoring 38 goals and only letting 4 in.

451th.jpg

Played an anchor from the start. A dmc in a diamond 442/424 with an amr, aml and a 'deep lying playmaker' cm.

The anchor is fantastic, yes. M'Vila feeding Eriksen in my midfield.

Unfortuantely M'Vila is playing for Inter on my game, so I've little chance of getting him.

I'm at the stage now where it's all about the regens. My 14 scouts are all + 15 in finding people, so just need to find the gems before the big clubs do. I already have a few good players that the big clubs are sniffing around.

Unfortuantely M'Vila is playing for Inter on my game, so I've little chance of getting him.

Yeah he turns out really good but you've got to get him early, he's one of the game's top potential stars.

I was lucky on my game, he happened to be throwing a hissy at his club when I got promoted and I picked him up for 1.4m. On my way to work atm but I'll post a screenshot of him in the 13/14 season that I took when I get back in a few hours.

Definitely worthwhile. In fact I'd say he's ultimately the key to my success. He never draws the plaudits and the limits of his position means he only ever really pulls in 7.2 - 7.5 performances. But he does it consistently game after game and I know it's an old footballing cliché but it's the unseen things really. His being there enables Eriksen to be my top performer every year alongside him.

Yeah he turns out really good but you've got to get him early, he's one of the game's top potential stars.

I was lucky on my game, he happened to be throwing a hissy at his club when I got promoted and I picked him up for 1.4m. On my way to work atm but I'll post a screenshot of him in the 13/14 season that I took when I get back in a few hours.

Definitely worthwhile. In fact I'd say he's ultimately the key to my success. He never draws the plaudits and the limits of his position means he only ever really pulls in 7.2 - 7.5 performances. But he does it consistently game after game and I know it's an old footballing cliché but it's the unseen things really. His being there enables Eriksen to be my top performer every year alongside him.

Did Javier Pastore turn out any good on yours?

Really enjoying this years edition, may be down to the fact i seem to be getting competent at the game. 1st season with leicester, first 6 competitive games all won, scored 14 and conceded none. Playing 3-5-2, back 3 of samuel, vitor/hobbs, walker seem impenetrable at the moment with either basso or carini behind them. Just dispatched ipswich 4-0 away from home, andy king with 2 goals and 2 assists from behind the front 2.

Edit: also big thanks to everyone in this thread, picked up alot of tips and advice, definately helping.

Just signed Mario Balotelli on a free...

His work rate is non existant but come on, it's Mario BALOTELLI! He's only on 50k a week aswell.

Signed a load of promising youngsters too this summer after turning down the AC Milan job, I though I'd build for the future in case I leave, cos I'm nice like that.

There's a bit of a shortage of quality English youngsters. I got around it in the Champions League (which has almost identical selection rules as the Prem) by just not registering the full quota. Read the rules at the bottom; you can just register say 17 of your first squad (which, realistically, is going to let you register all your best players unless your squad is freakishly big) and have the rest is vacancies.

Each vacancy counts as a HG player.

I'm fine, personally, because I've got about six members of my first team squad are all U21. I've only actually got fifteen registered senior players.

Speaking of the Champions League; as the game predicted, I really struggled to qualify:

olymplol.jpg

:whistle:

What skin is that Finnegan?

finished 12. got given 14.5m and 650k wage budget to get the same result next season.

already 250k over wage budget. got santa cruz and scott parker in amongst others. i HAVE to win a cup. Had man u approach me but i turned them down. now all the big managers are gona shit is going to go down!

What skin is that Finnegan?

Singular RV.

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/forum/topic/48094-singular-rv-skin/

I have shit eyes and it stops me straining them so much. Most other skins look crap and identical, that space age, shiny, metallic, rubbish look.

What I really want is someone to remake the old FM2006 cappucino or whatever it was called!

leicestervliverpool.jpg

as always (for me so far) playing an attacking team/formation and not paying any attention to defence works. To finish of this week i have two more league games. a trip to man utd in midweek followed by a home game v arsenal.

turned down AC milan + fiorentina.

Archived