Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Finished my first season a massive 18th. Thank God Swansea lost and consequently got relegated, otherwise it might have been me.

However, Fryatt finished top goalscorer in the division with 30 goals.

Predicted to finish 15th this forthcoming season so I have lower expectations now.

Signed Adel Tarrabat (900k) and Ashley Williams (1m) to booster in the summer and hopefully I'll have a better season. Looking for top half/play offs this time.

Can ANYONE help me. Please, I can't recover my game and I'm 3 seasons in I have no back-up saves for some reason. Will I have to start a new one?

Yes you will have to start a new game. If it's corrupted then it's unreadable and dead.

I got Kapo and Styvar on frees, served me well. Aliadiere as well, didn't play him much but later sold him for 2.4m at the start of the second season. Kapo was brilliant and I sold him for £1m at the end of the first season too, ditto Styvar although I replaced him with Garra Dembele in January (he's brilliant but he won't come in the first transfer window because he's just joined Levski Sofia.)

Simon Church and Chris Eagles were by big money signings. Both were excellent in the Championship, Church was the Prem's top scorer two seasons running but I eventually sold Eagles for roughly what I paid for him (£3m) as I had better options once I got promoted.

Gai Assulin is available on a free. Young israeli winger/AM R/L. Quality. Got Whittingham for £3m and John Guidetti on loan(my top scorer with 10) sitting 6th just coming into Jan transfer window.

Alex Smithies

Michael Lamey

Jack Hobbs

Miguel Vitor

Patrick Van Aanholt(loan)

Andy King

Josh McEachran(loan)

Gai Assulin

Peter Whittingham

John Guidetti

Rubens Suarez/Matty Fryatt

Playing essentially a 442 but the wide midfielders are set as inside forwards so more like a 424.

Pretty inconsistant at the minute, solid at home but very hit & miss away.

Just telling my mate about my amazing 08 game that went to the mid 2030's. Remember posting some info in the FM thread, brings back memories lol

On my '08 game, i've been at PNE for 4 years (2024-28). I got to three cup finals and won the Premier League two times in a row.

After all that, the board decided not to renew my contract. I was building a world class team, I had the best ST in the world, best LM in the world, and the next best RB & GK in the world. What a joke.

No not really

It makes playing the game harder considering you don't know how good anybody is. But Chelsea are in the Championship and are bankrupt, Oxford Utd are in the Prem, Birmingham went as low as the BSP, Peterborough are relegation battlers in the BSS, Middlesbrough play at the new 400 all seater Riverside stadium in League 2, Kidderminster have been in the BSP for about 25 years, Leigh RMI & Solihull Moors are established football league sides and Newcastle haven't had a manager for about 8 years.

Sol Campbell is the manager of Oxford, Alan Smith boss of Sunderland, Mark Robins is at Man Utd, Jason Dodd at Blackburn, Chris Casper at Spurs, John Terry at Bolton, Steve Tilson is at Liverpool, Mark Stimson at Villa, Paul Furlong at Wigan, Carlton Cole at Cov, Joey Barton at Bradford, Dennis Wise at M'boro, Jack Collison is at Crewe, Roy Keane manager of France, Ady Boothroyd in charge of Italy...

English striker Des Bradley is the best player in the world, and Aston Villa's Walid Dja Dje Dje is a potential 7 star player..

and to top it off, PL Champions Preston are being forced to play at the 400 capacity County Ground whilst Deepdale gets expanded :|

oh and Pete Howard was the next David Beckham.

Are players fall-outs a problem on 09? On 08 I never saw it until the fake heads started to dominate the game..

lol.jpg

These are the best strikers of the 2030s anyway

HELCIODOPRADO.jpg

WALIDDJADJEDJE.jpg

I got Dja DjeDje for 500k because his former club were bankrupt :D Bargain.

Goalkeepers are really good too. I signed this bastard at Preston when he was 18 for 2.5m :(

soares.jpg

Anyone help with a good tactic?

i breezed through the championship and have so far stormed the prem using a 4-3-3/2-5-3 formation.

based on a 4-3-3 but the full backs are moved into wing back (automatic) positions, playing as wingers when in possession and full backs when not in position. Midifield 3 should be a flair player set as attacking playmaker (attack) flanked by 2 box to box midfielders. Strikers - have a central target man (attack) with two poachers, one either side of him.

starting strategy - attacking with instructions: get ball foward, pass to feet, hassle opponents, get stuck in.

basically it's all about attacking like there is no tommorow.

edit: double post

Archived