Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

I've never, ever taken another job on an FM game. I get too attached to building my squad, I'd hate to leave and have to start all again.

And if I wanted to manage another club I could just start another game.

Same.

As we have Watford sat'day, Im gonna take charge of them, limited budget, should be a challenge.

only once left a job on fm, Athletic bilbao on '09, what a nightmare that was, arrived the week before christmas, resigned 20 days later after discovering i was only able to sign basque players - fook off, i had a look round and on the whole they're complete gash.

Seems a bit to easy to get a top job.

Cardiff : 2nd in Championship followed by 14th in Prem., offered Athletico Madrid job.

Athletico Madrid : Finished 3rd behind Real Madrid and Barcelona, offered the Man Utd job. :unsure:

Seems a bit to easy to get a top job.

Cardiff : 2nd in Championship followed by 14th in Prem., offered Athletico Madrid job.

Athletico Madrid : Finished 3rd behind Real Madrid and Barcelona, offered the Man Utd job. :unsure:

Did you start as "Former International?"

Finished 6th, lost my last 4 matches of the season, lost the home leg of the play offs to Ipswich 1-0, went 1-0 down away, so 2 down on agg with 45 minutes left. Thought "fook it" and went one at the back with two wing backs, three up top, and won 3-1, then beat Blackpool in the final on penalties :D

Premier League here we come :santa:

Finished 6th, lost my last 4 matches of the season, lost the home leg of the play offs to Ipswich 1-0, went 1-0 down away, so 2 down on agg with 45 minutes left. Thought "fook it" and went one at the back with two wing backs, three up top, and won 3-1, then beat Blackpool in the final on penalties :D

Premier League here we come :santa:

. Are you still on 2010?

I am currently second in the Prem with Everton (1st season) 36 points in 15 games and only one loss so far.

...................................Howard...................................

..........Neville.......Jagielka........Heitinga..........Baines.

.....................................Silva.......................................

...................Arteta........................Rodwell.................

..................................Pienaar.....................................

.................Vaughan................Benitez.......................

This is probably the best current team on form of the 15 games, Cahill has been injured pretty much all season.

Ins:

G.Silva- 1.2 mil

C.Benitez- 1.7 mil

R.Santa Cruz- 120k loan fee

Out:

Osman- 2.7 mil

Loanees of young players

I cannot believe the way some players are perfoming, I was going to make Santa Cruz the main striker I had but Vaughan cannot stop scoring. I would really recomend Benitez he really is devasting with his pace. Silva is acting in the anchor man, Arteta and Rodwell advanced playmakers while Pienaar stays as an att mid. Vaughan is set as target man and benitez poacher.

Hi all new to this forum but life long leicester fan!

Need help with current team, am currently playing a 4-3-3 with current 1st 11

GK - Khune

LB - Berner/Adilson

RB - Yakubu

CB - Hobbs

CB - Vitor

DMC - Moreno/Abe

MCL - Modise

MCR - King

AMR - Mendy

AML - Dyer

ST - Vassell/Aliadiere/Waghorn

Not having a crap season but no real oomph! Play a direct attacking style but defensively i seem very slack and get countered very easily! Any suggestions?

Also trying to clear out the dead wood from the club so i can free up registration places and money etc... but cant seem to flog a dead horse at the moment...

Hi all new to this forum but life long leicester fan!

Need help with current team, am currently playing a 4-3-3 with current 1st 11

GK - Khune

LB - Berner/Adilson

RB - Yakubu

CB - Hobbs

CB - Vitor

DMC - Moreno/Abe

MCL - Modise

MCR - King

AMR - Mendy

AML - Dyer

ST - Vassell/Aliadiere/Waghorn

Not having a crap season but no real oomph! Play a direct attacking style but defensively i seem very slack and get countered very easily! Any suggestions?

Also trying to clear out the dead wood from the club so i can free up registration places and money etc... but cant seem to flog a dead horse at the moment...

Have a look at the advanced options in the team tactics. Mess around with the defensive line, tempo, width etc and see if that helps your team.

Okay, to give myself something of a challenge I've been tweaking with the editor and have generated as follows:

* Created a new team, Leicester Fosse and inserted them into the League 2 in place of Cheltenham.

* My reputation is set to 2000, making me one of the smallest teams in the league.

* My home ground is the Walkers Stadium

* Leicester City are my biggest rivals, set at 100. I've set Leicester City to hate Leicester Fosse at the same rate.

* No players or staff generated, I'll do this at the start of the game.

* Sugar daddy underwriter, meaning he'll keep me aflot but not chuck loads of money at the club.

Let's see how I do!!

Okay, to give myself something of a challenge I've been tweaking with the editor and have generated as follows:

* Created a new team, Leicester Fosse and inserted them into the League 2 in place of Cheltenham.

* My reputation is set to 2000, making me one of the smallest teams in the league.

* Leicester City are my biggest rivals, set at 100. I've set Leicester City to hate Leicester Fosse at the same rate.

* Sugar daddy underwriter, meaning he'll keep me aflot but not chuck loads of money at the club.

Let's see how I do!!

This has started well, a 4-0 victory over Barnet with my generated 17 year old forward netting a hat-trick and Lee Trundle grabbing a goal.

Let's see how I do!!

Like this idea. Keep us posted on progress

Yeah you need to play a full season on a custom database before letting it loose. I made that mistake in 09, put a good challenge database together and got a few people playing it. Only to find out that, depending what side you picked, it crashed because of a screw up with the Euro cup. lol

How much is Rivaldo worth when you signed him ?

140k.

Only played 10 games of my new season after data got corrupted but he's proved a right bargain...

214pjb4.png

8 goals in 9 games including a hat trick against Brighton in the cup. :D

Setting both my wingers as 'Inside Forwards' is doing wonders for me. Beating teams 4-0 left right and center at the minute.

Hmmm. Sounds too good to be true but worth a try. Just clinched promotion with two games to spare but not scoring enough goals for my liking

Archived