Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Does anyone have a good tactic for a 4-4-2 formation for leicester :) i need a decent one since i am new to the game and in 10 games i have only won 3 :( i feel like Sousa :P

I can't be arsed right now but if you dig back through the pages you'll find a massively long post by myself going on about player's stats. At the bottom of that is the four four two I used for my first three seasons.

It isn't an amazing tactic, in fact it's very simplistic. But it was successful for me so I can't complain.

Does anyone have a good tactic for a 4-4-2 formation for leicester :) i need a decent one since i am new to the game and in 10 games i have only won 3 :( i feel like Sousa :P

I also had this issue, so I ditched 4-4-2 and opted to use a 4-1-2-2-1, with holding midfielder, two centre mids, two wingers and a single forward.

I also had this issue, so I ditched 4-4-2 and opted to use a 4-1-2-2-1, with holding midfielder, two centre mids, two wingers and a single forward.

lol also known as 4 - 5 - 1 you pretentious poof. :whistle:

It's what I'm playing at the moment, purely because I've got so many good midfielders I want to play and only really Babacar up front who's world class.

My wingers score a lot of goals, mind.

lol also known as 4 - 5 - 1 you pretentious poof. :whistle:

It's what I'm playing at the moment, purely because I've got so many good midfielders I want to play and only really Babacar up front who's world class.

My wingers score a lot of goals, mind.

Charming Mt Finnegan!

My wingers generally chip in with a fair amount of goals as well. I've used the same tactic in various situations now and it does a job.

As mentioned earlier, my save got corrupted. But, this was a blessing in disguise really as it meant I could try a different approach to usual. This meant new tactics, new players.

20s96vl.jpg

Bought in a few familiar faces (Rivaldo, Ball etc) but with my new tactic relying on strikers and wingers, I wanted to boost my options in these areas especially.

1zoaqhh.jpg

I'm now using an attacking minded 4-4-2, whereas before I preferred a 4-1-2-1-2. I think this is a pretty strong line up too - but before I hear you ask where King is, Reo-Coker has been playing amazingly well and has kept him out the team so far. Maybe things will change :)

Okay, to give myself something of a challenge I've been tweaking with the editor and have generated as follows:

* Created a new team, Leicester Fosse and inserted them into the League 2 in place of Cheltenham.

* My reputation is set to 2000, making me one of the smallest teams in the league.

* My home ground is the Walkers Stadium

* Leicester City are my biggest rivals, set at 100. I've set Leicester City to hate Leicester Fosse at the same rate.

* No players or staff generated, I'll do this at the start of the game.

* Sugar daddy underwriter, meaning he'll keep me aflot but not chuck loads of money at the club.

Let's see how I do!!

How do you create a team is it in the editor also what balance did you give your self may start Beaumont town lol

How do you create a team is it in the editor also what balance did you give your self may start Beaumont town lol

I had a 1m/annum wage budget and £100k. Quite a lot for a league 2 team really. I created the team in the editor which came with the game.

I'm so far 2 wins from 2 in the league, both 4-0.

I lost in the League Cup first round 1-0 to Brighton.

I had a 1m/annum wage budget and £100k. Quite a lot for a league 2 team really. I created the team in the editor which came with the game.

I'm so far 2 wins from 2 in the league, both 4-0.

I lost in the League Cup first round 1-0 to Brighton.

I might set up something like this when I've had enough of my current game. Maybe recreated the old Melton Town FC!

On another note; I've just won promotion to the Premiership. Need to have a big clear out of staff, coaches and staff - is this likely to disrupt the harmony in the squad>

Fabian Brandy

Gyan King

Devann Yao

Netann Sensara

.....then whoever you can pick up on loan. :ph34r:

I'd say getting your tactics right are more important, as players are very much or a muchness, as they don't really differ that much.

Who did you add for coaching staff i just added Sven as ast manager and Ray Wilkins as first team coach lol

How on earth did you do that?!!?

I have John Murtough on my current game, previously I have opted for Nigel Gibbs.

Saved my dited team but when it loads it wont let me select england and has a warning sign next to it

What League did you put your edited team in?

Remember you can only have 24 teams in league 2, so you'll need to remove someone.

Yeah you need to play a full season on a custom database before letting it loose. I made that mistake in 09, put a good challenge database together and got a few people playing it. Only to find out that, depending what side you picked, it crashed because of a screw up with the Euro cup. lol

What a fix, two days after the game started I had to play Euro Cup fixtures with an unfit squad having played no friendlies, plus Dinamo sucked balls.

trialling a new tactic.

Not for those who believe defending is useful - 2-1-2-2-3. 1 centre midfielder from my original 2-5-3 is moved to defensive midfield while the full backs are replaced by attacking wingers.

How has this turned out?

Archived