Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Pauli - better chance to draft in Eastern European's, but may I suggest you go down to the bottom teirs and try and work a team all the way up. I'm looking at taking a team from Seria C when I can next get on FM.

Doesn't interest me.

Lower league management bores me to tears, really. I only ever last three or four seasons before getting bored unless I've started bringing in some brilliant regens and the best ones always get generated with too much ego to come to League One.

I don't normally like starting in the top flight, it's almost tempting to relegate Pauli and work my way up. But I like to get up there in the first season and then build my top flight side from there.

Lowest I've started and enjoyed myself was League One, I used to have a game every year with Swansea before they got promoted.

Doesn't interest me.

Lower league management bores me to tears, really. I only ever last three or four seasons before getting bored unless I've started bringing in some brilliant regens and the best ones always get generated with too much ego to come to League One.

I don't normally like starting in the top flight, it's almost tempting to relegate Pauli and work my way up. But I like to get up there in the first season and then build my top flight side from there.

Lowest I've started and enjoyed myself was League One, I used to have a game every year with Swansea before they got promoted.

Couldn't tempt you with an Elgin or something like that then - I agree if you try from Confrence South it's a bugger, especially as only two tend to get promoted from the bottom leagues, so you have to make a good start and get promoted twice in three seasons at least to make it interesting.

Sadly for me, Venezia are in Seria D at the moment so they will not be an option for my Seria C game. I'm sure I'll find a team that interests me though.

I'd have to properly love the team. If Leicester were in the BSN then of course I'd play from the BSN up.

But narh, I struggle to get into it really. I like signing top players and developing wonderkids, that's what interests me in FM. I'm not one of these scraping-the-barrel-for-bargains, lower-league gurus.

You are retarded.

i prefer insane, or mentally hilarious.

When he says trialling he means using the opposition, it's handy you see as he's already controlling them for the win anyway.

nope. Just frittering away my lead at the top of the prem - as yet it's no improvement on my normal formation.

The problem with your formations is that they're too crowded at the front. You're not giving your players room to move in to and, even when they work, you're forcing the opposition to defend in equal numbers.

The most effective way to attack is with the fewest numbers necessary; less players with more skill, basically. You'll see less gaps opening up. That's why you'll often find yourself creating less chances on "Overload" than on "Attacking", because if you Overload against a team that are capable defensively then you'll find they're just putting eleven men behind the ball and you aren't getting through.

That's why the attacking 451/433 formations are good, because you've got very creative wingers and AMCs who are also good finishers pushing forward and being dangerous and creative in space.

I had a brilliant game with Linfield going, won every cup I was entered in first season (Bar anything in Europe). Was the easiest game I'd ever started.

Was looking forward to the 2nd season, signed Kevin Phillips and Mike Pollitt, until zero fixtures were generated in NI for the second season.

I was not best pleased.

Started a team called anstey town for a bit of a fantasy game put them in the prem with all the worlds best players and a massive buget season tickets start form £5,000 and we have 18,000 st holders as i say just for a bit of fun see where we go lol

I like something a bit grittier. Gonna download the edited database which enables you to play as any team down to Level 11 in the English pyramid system

this

which goes all the way down to Leicestershire Senior League system.

Then start a game from there!

You don't put pictures in the game using the editor. If you do a google search for it you'll find a guide to putting facepacks and logos in the game.

If you can't find an answer by later I'll explain but I can't be arsed at the moment. lol

You don't put pictures in the game using the editor. If you do a google search for it you'll find a guide to putting facepacks and logos in the game.

If you can't find an answer by later I'll explain but I can't be arsed at the moment. lol

oh right.. yea that makes sense. just find the id of the club im using then replace the image..

Try the USA, I do a game every year.

My Leicester Fosse game is kinda boring as it's neither here or there. The game itself is great but I've yet to find a game with which I can connect too.

Beat Ipswich in the play off final in my first season

So far I've signed Mario Santana and Egidio Arevalo Rios both for free. I'll try and sign that Garra Dembele aswell.

I need a attacking midfielder and a left back for the second season, any recommendations?

If Christian Eriksen or Nicolas Lodeiro will come to you from Ajax then both are fantastic.

They came to me at the start of the second season, my first in the Prem, but it's easier to sign players when you don't have the league switched on and my computer couldn't quite hack a big load so I had the Dutch league non-playable, might have made it easier.

Give them a go, though. Won't be that cheap but they're both solid.

Archived