Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

can't settle on a game this year, give me some suggestions.

Get a non league game going.

You can either pick one club to take through the divisions or as a career game by working your way up by accepting jobs in higher divisions.

Im Kettering at the mo, just about to finish my first season, has been one of the most enjoyable games I've ever had on FM.

Yeah I've got that program, but when I enter the IP address of the host it doesn't seem to be able to find it. And surprisingly the FM forums don't really help much with it.

You don't actually need Hamachi to run a network (online) game, though I have used it in the past. All Hamachi does is connects the two computers together over the net as if they were connected by a local area network with no configuration required.

I don't use Hamachi in the game I host against my mate currently.

Have you got 'Run as Server' ticked in your network options?

Whats a network game? Is it playing with someone in the same game on different computer?

Either ways whats it all about?

That's precisely what it is. It is so much more challenging and fun too.

I can't play single player anymore. There is just little incentive to keep going....

That's precisely what it is. It is so much more challenging and fun too.

I can't play single player anymore. There is just little incentive to keep going....

You're probably right but it sounds like a massive arseache to set up and I like to play at my own pace - presumably in a network game, all players need to be linked together at same time?

You don't actually need Hamachi to run a network (online) game, though I have used it in the past. All Hamachi does is connects the two computers together over the net as if they were connected by a local area network with no configuration required.

I don't use Hamachi in the game I host against my mate currently.

Have you got 'Run as Server' ticked in your network options?

Yes I've done all of that, but all it says is "Unable to connect to host"

what transfer bug?

also, this may be a stupid question, but for those fixes to be applied do i need to start a new game?

The transfer bug is basically top players moving for ridiculously low fees and also the fact it's too easy to sign top players with contracts expiring at smaller clubs.

SI always say the patches are save game compatible, but recommend starting a new game.

will stick with game i am on they not even added new loan players

they don't do short term loans, if you want them just fire up the db editor and add them to it yourself. Bednar takes the piss in the championship on this game - 6 in the first 3 league games before i decided to scrap that and do a sunderland game.

Just won the BSQ Prem and the FA trophy with Kettering.

Board have given me a massive transfer budget of £130 for next season!!!!

Start League 2 with a Northants derby away at Cobblers, Rushden got promoted aswell so I will have a couple of good derbies.

Just signed Nick Blackman on a free from Blackburn, looks like he could be quite handy in this league.

Fingers crossed I can hold on to my best players from last season because the vultures are circling!

WHAT THE ****!

This update I downloaded on Steam has just corrupted every single one of my games. Thanks Steam :banghead:

This seems to be a common problem judging by the si forums which they are working on. I updated by steam and had no problems, could carry on my save game with no hassle, but it seems others are not so lucky

This seems to be a common problem judging by the si forums which they are working on. I updated by steam and had no problems, could carry on my save game with no hassle, but it seems others are not so lucky

I haven't had this either. Would be a major pisser if you had a good game going though!

Archived