Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Just got into the League Cup semi-finals with Leicester. Beat Blackburn 5-3 on penalties at the Walkers after Gallagher scored in the last minute of normal time to make it 2-2.

I have never won a domestic trophey on any previous football manager version ever, so to get this far with a Championship side is great. However, I now face Manchester City over two legs.

Excited!!

anyone recomend good players for the Prem that are cheap ?

Signed crouch for 2m some guy named Mario Santana on a free worth about 4m great winger everyone was after Garra Man City offerd 24M for him offferd him a new three year deal worth 85k a week and he stayed his agent aint a nice guy anyone else had trouble with him sold church for 4m to west ham signed James o shea form birmingham on a free Bassong form spurs for 3m Eastmond from arsenal for 2m Ola Toivonen for 8m great up front with Garra work of each other Maxi Roregez for liverpool 4.5m and jonathan woodgate on a free

think i have enough to servie

I just can't get the hang of this. I start a game as AFC Wimbledon, winning most of my pre-season games, destroying most teams (one game we won 12-0) and even drawing with Doncaster.

But come the season, we get thrashed every game. I tell a player he played great, he calls me a liar and storms out the office. :dunno:

I sign much better players than the ones AFC start with, and they play so much worse than my original team lol. :blink:

Pre-season means shit. I personally don't even watch my own friendlies, I get the assistant manager to take over. It's just about fitness is all, nothing else.

Your players reacting badly is just something that'll happen, remember who does and change what you said next time. Some players, often the older ones, will have higher standards for themselves so telling them they played well when they only got about a 7.6 might make them snub you. Either don't say anything next time or offer up a bit of light criticism.

7.7 for "good" performances and 8.5+ for "excellent" performances is pretty much a safe bet either way. For all but the most cocky players (or those genuinely training excellently), criticising their training efforts is a great way to improve their morale - don't ask why, it just nearly always works.

Generally speaking, in the lower leagues it's all about your tactics and a few key players. Fine tune your instructions if you're having problems on the field, it's likely to be having a bigger impact than your personnel.

going well in the prem beat stoke 3-1 beat Man City 1-0 Wellens in the last min after they had two sent off and beat preston in the cup on pens 1st round although the clubs balance dont look to good going to have to sell a few i think hope mr mandy puts more money in

Got pissed off with my Leicester game crashing so I moved on to Southampton. So far I'm 2nd to a ridiculously good Peterborough side and have gone on a 10 game winning streek, keeping a clean sheet in 8 of those game. My team so far is

Davis

Yakubu - Spence - DeMerit - Van Aanholt

Chris James - Hammond - Lansbury

McDermott - Griffiths - Lallana

Griffiths is quality at £350k (scored 17 in 20) and I've made McDermott's loan move permanent now and he's scored 11 goals from the wing.

Got pissed off with my Leicester game crashing so I moved on to Southampton. So far I'm 2nd to a ridiculously good Peterborough side and have gone on a 10 game winning streek, keeping a clean sheet in 8 of those game. My team so far is

Davis

Yakubu - Spence - DeMerit - Van Aanholt

Chris James - Hammond - Lansbury

McDermott - Griffiths - Lallana

Griffiths is quality at £350k (scored 17 in 20) and I've made McDermott's loan move permanent now and he's scored 11 goals from the wing.

Sign him from Dundee?

Is this actually any good.

Last time I dabbled was with FM08, which was alright for a bit then got old, downloaded FM 09 demo and detested it and I haven't been back since.

Oh I tell a lie I had a beta test for FM online which was fun for around three weeks and then got boring.

In my opinion, every version is basically the same. It isn't really FM that changes it's just your willingness to play it. Eventually you're just bored of Football Manager.

And then one day you'll get a hankering for it again and you're going to play it, whatever features or good or bad this year.

In my opinion, every version is basically the same. It isn't really FM that changes it's just your willingness to play it. Eventually you're just bored of Football Manager.

And then one day you'll get a hankering for it again and you're going to play it, whatever features or good or bad this year.

This is exactly what happened to me. Picked up the new one for xmas after a 3 year absence.

Currently in fourth season with City. Just signed Edin Dzeko on a free. For Leicester.

There's so much unreal about that above paragraph.

Archived