Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

I have the opposite transfer policy, it's why I'd struggle in non-league on FM.

I spend ages looking for signings that are as above my level as possible, the younger and with the more potential the better.

Having to get by on ragtag misfits I wouldn't know where to start, heh.

I am in my 4th season with Hibs, coming 3rd in all of my previous seasons. Last season i failed to win any of last 5 games and came 1 point off 2nd and 2 off 1st. <_<

This is my starting line-up:

Griffiths Rhodes

Ledesma Delph Brown Wotherspoon

Dixon Hanlon Kenneth Vinci

Larsen

Some good players i have had but let go are Derek Riordan (£1m to WBA), Sol Bamba (£1.6m to WBA), Michael Johnson (£2.2m to Wolves) and Luis Aguiar (£1.5m to Fulham).

Going to start as Leicester soon. Any tips? Players i want to sign are Tom Cairney, Leigh Griffiths and Garry Kenneth.

Not read through all 77 pages so probably missed tips and signing suggestions but incase you have not signed them before, Griffiths and Cairney turn out fantastic!

evening all im new to the forum im matt by the way.im turning to you all for advice im struggling like mad on football manager 2011 can anyone give me a winning tactic please im playing on the pc if it makes a difference cheers all

evening all im new to the forum im matt by the way.im turning to you all for advice im struggling like mad on football manager 2011 can anyone give me a winning tactic please im playing on the pc if it makes a difference cheers all

I had Styvar as Church's foil in the first season, he was alright. Nothing to write home about mind.

Here you go, Karl, as promised:

Tactic: 4 1 3 2 gets lots and lots of goals. Just destroyed League One with Tranmere, won it in early March.

Training Schedules Should be keeper, full back, CB, DMC, AMC, fast striker and big striker. There might be a few other rag tag ones I was using at the time, as well. Just delete those if so.

I strongly advocate reading this and making your own if you can be bothered, though. Very good guide.

Oh and if you start in League One, try picking up Leigh Griffiths from the start. His potential seems to be absolutely terrible, he's been in my squad now for eighteen months and while I've seen vast improvements to nearly every youngster in my squad with the above training schedules, Griffiths hasn't gone up a single point in any attribute. That said, he scored 43 league goals in L1 and will probably piss the Championship too. He'll sign for about 300k.

Church is good and will improve to far beyond Griffiths but will cost you about two and a half million at the start of the game. Oh. Alex Smithies (Huddersfield) and Ryan Bennett (Peterborough) are excellent. As is Olivier Kapo, for a free agent. Seamus Coleman should come on loan to Championship or League One and will boss it - I think Henri Lansbury will also loan out to a Champ side in season one as well - he's redonkulous.

Going to start as Leicester soon. Any tips? Players i want to sign are Tom Cairney, Leigh Griffiths and Garry Kenneth.

Not read through all 77 pages so probably missed tips and signing suggestions but incase you have not signed them before, Griffiths and Cairney turn out fantastic!

Cairney and Griffiths will deffo do a job at Leicester as well. You can get somewhat higher profile players than at Hibs though. Managed to get Mouche for about half a mil, and Kapetanos should also be available for next to nothing. You can also sign Fano and Fabbiani on free's (will join you in January). Abou Trika, Lindgren and Morales are also easily avaialable if you want to strengthen the midfield (options on the wings are few!) though you will likely have to spend some dosh to get them. Modise is a cheaper option here. Defense should be good enough as it is for the first season.

Griffiths is a must buy, scoring loads for me every season for Hibs.

Kilmarnock must absolutely hate me. Played them 12 times, won 10, drawn 2 and lost 0.

This season i have played them 3 times:

Kilmarnock 0-5 Hiberian

Hibernian 3-0 Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock 0-7 Hibernian

:appl:

On a good run of form again, and that 7-0 win has opened a 5 point gap from me and the chasing pack behind that are after 3rd spot.

Riordan is still good this year, works well with Griffiths.

For me, including bench appearances in the latter seasons due to age and not scoring as much, this is his goal recod in the League:

1st season - 26 appearances, 15 goals, 11 assists

2nd season - 24 appearances, 15 goals, 11 assists (less games but same goals and assists yet got lower average rating?)

3rd season - 34 appearances, 11 goals, 7 assists

4th season - Getting old so i sold him in January as he made just 5 appearances in the first 6 months, scoring none.

Griffiths has done fantastic:

1st season - 34 appearances, 27 goals, 15 assists

2nd season - 31 appearances, 20 goals, 10 assists

3rd season - 30 appearances, 14 goals, 9 assists

4th season - Start of Febuary and he has 12 league goals in 23 games. 5 goals in 6 European games

I must re-itterate though, these are their league goals only. Riordan was 3rd top scorer in the Europa League 2nd season, and Griffiths has 5 goals in 6 Europa League games this season, so their tallies are better than above tbh.

Satisfy my curiosity and see if Martin Galvan will come to Leicester in the first season, have a small hunch he might - you'll have to wait til July to sign him because of Mexico's rules regarding u18s but he should turn Wonderkid in the second season.

I've not had a look at the database at all in this version but he's been a -10 the last three version of the game and given he's still a seventeen year old unknown I'd be surprised if SI have suddenly changed their minds. Should cost you about two million. If you're too slow, he'll go to Inter or somewhere similar.

Similarly, take a first-turn punt at Vaclav Kadlec. You'll need to get in there before the big clubs do because he'll just go for the prestige otherwise but I'm pretty sure he'll come to Leicester otherwise and will cost you about 1.7m. You'll have to work on his composure but he's otherwise phenomenally talented.

If you have the money then Tom Cairney is a must buy. He is brilliant on this game.

So when i do go Leicester, who do i sign?

Hopefull to get Leigh Griffiths, Jordan Rhodes, Tom Cairney, Jose Goncalves and Alex Smithies.

Read my post on the previous page ;) There's lots of competition for Cairney and Rhodes though. They both went to Premier League clubs in my game.

Satisfy my curiosity and see if Martin Galvan will come to Leicester in the first season, have a small hunch he might - you'll have to wait til July to sign him because of Mexico's rules regarding u18s but he should turn Wonderkid in the second season.

I've not had a look at the database at all in this version but he's been a -10 the last three version of the game and given he's still a seventeen year old unknown I'd be surprised if SI have suddenly changed their minds. Should cost you about two million. If you're too slow, he'll go to Inter or somewhere similar.

Similarly, take a first-turn punt at Vaclav Kadlec. You'll need to get in there before the big clubs do because he'll just go for the prestige otherwise but I'm pretty sure he'll come to Leicester otherwise and will cost you about 1.7m. You'll have to work on his composure but he's otherwise phenomenally talented.

Haven't tried getting Galvan because he always fooked off to some bigger club at the start of previous versions. I think I managed to get Kadlec in the demo, but everytime I've tried in the full version I lose out to a bigger club. They're faster than usual this time around!

In addition to what shen said, the defence is more than good enough for the first season. When I got promoted I completely forgot (!!!!!!) to spend any of the 44m on defenders, lol.

Brought in the likes of Christian Eriksen ( :wub: ), Nicolas Lodeiro, Yann M'Vila et all and then realised I didn't have anything left for defenders besides buying the on-loan Seamus Coleman.

Tunchev, Hobbs, Lamey and Coleman did the business and I kept one of the tightest defences in the league and finished seventh!

Haven't tried getting Galvan because he always fooked off to some bigger club at the start of previous versions. I think I managed to get Kadlec in the demo, but everytime I've tried in the full version I lose out to a bigger club. They're faster than usual this time around!

Galvan is easy. He's still at Cruz Azul at the start of the second season on my Tranmere game and my scouts think he "may have some interest" Obviously don't have the money to try though.

He signed for me on a loan with Sankt Pauli and they've got a tiny reputation and I actually don't think the Championship's league rep is drastically lower than the Bundesliga. Definitely worth a punt, as I said.

Brought in the likes of Christian Eriksen ( :wub: ), Nicolas Lodeiro, Yann M'Vila et all and then realised I didn't have anything left for defenders besides buying the on-loan Seamus Coleman.

Tunchev, Hobbs, Lamey and Coleman did the business and I kept one of the tightest defences in the league and finished seventh!

How did you tie up Tunch on a new contract? Did you bend over to meet his ridiculous wage requirements (or is it just in my game that he demands £20,000+ a week?)

Galvan is easy. He's still at Cruz Azul at the start of the second season on my Tranmere game and my scouts think he "may have some interest" Obviously don't have the money to try though.

He signed for me on a loan with Sankt Pauli and they've got a tiny reputation and I actually don't think the Championship's league rep is drastically lower than the Bundesliga. Definitely worth a punt, as I said.

I'll have a look. He probably needs a lot of development before he amounts to anything decent if the previous versions are anything to go by. Edit: won't work permit be a problem (maybe only after he turns 18)?

Narh I'd say he's pretty much Championship quality in the first season and if his attributes develop quickly then he'll soon step up. 14 creativity, pace and acceleration, 13 passing and finishing and a good balance of other stats. Reasonable for a kid his age.

I can't remember exactly what happened with Tunch, he was injured a lot in the first season (like almost permanently, to the point I nearly gave in and cancelled his contract) so it might just have been that nobody else came in with an offer and I gave him a new deal when I went up. Honestly can't remember. Eventually sold him for about a mil.

Im fooking useless at this game.

Signed Smithies in goal, Kenneth and Easton, with Coleman and Kyle Walker on loan at the back, Lestienne, Modise, Mendy and Hammill in midfield and Griffiths up front.

Got Juan (Flamengo) and Dede (Vasco) and Marko Livaja coming on frees in January and August and will sign Dembele then as well.

Starting line up is 4-1-2-2-1:

Smithies

Coleman - Hobbs - Kenneth - Easton

Abe

Wellens/Modise - King

Hammill/Mendy - Lestienne

Griffiths

With Weale, Walker, Lamey, Wellens/Modise. Hammill/Mendy, Gallacher, Vassell on the bench.

21st after 7 games.

Archived