Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

My PL Defence is

Gaëtan Bong Sébastien Bassong Jonathan Woodgate Seamus Coleman

sitting in 2nd on 58 points behind Spurs also in LC finale beating man city in semi we will play Forest

got a strike force of Ola Toivonen 13 goals Garra Dembele 26 goals Leigh Griffiths 5 goals Frédéric Nimani 3 Goals Spas Delev 6 Goals mainly plays a Left winger

What seems to be the problem? Not scoring? Conceding too much? That's a tidy defence, very tidy in fact.

The problem is that i keep losing. And i can't string a run together. 1 point from the last 4 and only scored once. Switched to Vassell up top instead of Griffiths and i beat Middlesbrough 4-2 away from home and he bagged twice. Will stick with that.

Cheers for the tips guys :thumbup: But i am going to wait until the new patch comes out in early February so Bamba and any more signings will be there. :)

It's easy to adjust that in the editor. I used one of the latest English league updates and added a few transfers myself (e.g. Mee, Davies, Kirkland on loan and a few of the youngsters out on loan too). Didn't even take long.

Narh I'd say he's pretty much Championship quality in the first season and if his attributes develop quickly then he'll soon step up. 14 creativity, pace and acceleration, 13 passing and finishing and a good balance of other stats. Reasonable for a kid his age.

I can't remember exactly what happened with Tunch, he was injured a lot in the first season (like almost permanently, to the point I nearly gave in and cancelled his contract) so it might just have been that nobody else came in with an offer and I gave him a new deal when I went up. Honestly can't remember. Eventually sold him for about a mil.

As I said, I haven't even looked at him yet in this edition, will do that later. Don't imagine I'll bring him in before promotion (have Pedro Morales, Abou Trika, King and Wellens vying for places in the offensive mid so will wait 'til summer clearout).

Tunch is a greedy fecker.

This. I asked him to lower his wage demands, but that got translated into "taking a wage cut because the club needs to reduce wages". No. No that's not what I meant. I meant "you're not even getting a look-in, you've been out for half a season and without playing a single game you want to become the club's highest earner? Read between my index and my ring finger!".

Then he got pissed off and signed a pre-contract with Torino <_<

I need a back up DMC for Abe and an outstanding winger either left or right sided. Lestienne is not as good as id hoped. Neither's Hammill.

Lantz on a free is a great DM. Winger... hmmm, Hoilett on loan usually tears it up on the right. Kakuta always delivers too. What's wrong with Mendy?

This. I asked him to lower his wage demands, but that got translated into "taking a wage cut because the club needs to reduce wages". No. No that's not what I meant. I meant "you're not even getting a look-in, you've been out for half a season and without playing a single game you want to become the club's highest earner? Read between my index and my ring finger!".

Then he got pissed off and signed a pre-contract with Torino <_<

I caved gave him 22k and forgot about the highest wage earner clause and now my wage budget is fooked with 3 players on 22k a week.

Mendy is always unfit else he'd play. Same with Wellens. Will look up Lantz.

hello all i put a post up yesterday asking for advice i forgot to mention i am managing my beloved leicester and im struggling like mad so if anybody knows a winning tactic and formation and they are willing to share that would be great many thanks matt

Lantz is 34 and has gone to some Swiss team.

You did say backup. I presumed you only wanted one for the first season. Second season you can get lucky and get Blasi on a free (providing you get promoted). But if you still have money to spare you can get Lindgren for less than 1,5mil. He's a fine all round midfielder although not optimal for the anchorman role (good as a deep playmaker though).

Other alternatives are Esben Hansen, who's a free agent around Christmas first season, Stefan Gislason (available cheap), Kamil Vacek (versatile and young). Otherwise Moreno should be a decent stop gap :dunno:

just me that isn't having a problem with tunch?

Hobbs has been a problem child, i rejected a bid from birmingham so he asked for a new contract and 50k wages?:o

I don't have a problem with Tunch either.

It's Andy King that is the greedy fvcker on my game, He's not even my first choice because of Bernardo, Arevalo Rios and Cairney but he still wants 30k p/w.

You did say backup. I presumed you only wanted one for the first season. Second season you can get lucky and get Blasi on a free (providing you get promoted). But if you still have money to spare you can get Lindgren for less than 1,5mil. He's a fine all round midfielder although not optimal for the anchorman role (good as a deep playmaker though).

Other alternatives are Esben Hansen, who's a free agent around Christmas first season, Stefan Gislason (available cheap), Kamil Vacek (versatile and young). Otherwise Moreno should be a decent stop gap :dunno:

I farmed him off to Swindon on loan i think. I could probably recall him though. Will check the others out.

Gave up with it for today though and started an edited database game with Port Vale. Deleted all thier squad bar Louis Dodds and gave them 50k wage budget 100k transfer budget to see what squad i could make. Some half decent signings i think (all frees unless stated).

GK: James Dunn, Marek Stech (Loan)

DR: Ben Hoskin, Samba Kanoute

DL: Joe Bennett (95k), Richard Hastings

DC: Izzy Irikpien, Alton Thelwell, Martin Camano

DMC: Paul Wotton, Marcel Mahouve

AMR: Simon Whaley

AML: Levi Porter, Louis Dodds

AMC: Alain N'Kong, Paco Sanchez

ST: Gifton Noel Williams, Terry Dixon, Lee Trundle

I'm light up front at the moment and maybe on the wing but hopefully Lauri Dalla Valle's loan goes through as Mirko Livaja fell through.

Satisfy my curiosity and see if Martin Galvan will come to Leicester in the first season, have a small hunch he might - you'll have to wait til July to sign him because of Mexico's rules regarding u18s but he should turn Wonderkid in the second season.

Give it a shot, I picked him up for around 3 mil at the end of the first season. Finished champions so that might have an effect. Lukaku wouldn't even talk to me though the little barsteward!

The problem is that i keep losing. And i can't string a run together. 1 point from the last 4 and only scored once. Switched to Vassell up top instead of Griffiths and i beat Middlesbrough 4-2 away from home and he bagged twice. Will stick with that.

Brought quite a few in first season. Kazim-Richards was a gem for 875k. 30 goals and 10 assists <3

Gk - Fernando Henrique

LB - ELOKOBI

RB - Kyle Walker (Loan)

CB - Jay DeMerit (Free + Hero)

CB - Jack Hobbs

CM - Kingy

DM - Wellens

CM - Oswaldo Martinez (Playmaker, 1.2m)

LW - Kyle Lafferty (1.2m)

ST - Kazim Richards (875k)

RW - Gally

Also brought in Barry Bannam, Ramsey, McEachran, and various points on loan and picked Gary O'Connor and a few others on frees. Managed to get 400k for Nielsen and 500k for Kermo :P

Galvan, Alan Hutton, Axel Witsel, Johan Vonlanthen and a couple more have been brought in quite cheaply for the prem challenge. I'm a no nonsense manager, they don't perform, they're gone :ph34r:

Give it a shot, I picked him up for around 3 mil at the end of the first season. Finished champions so that might have an effect. Lukaku wouldn't even talk to me though the little barsteward!

Screw Lukaku, get Khouma Babacar! :wub:

Screw Lukaku, get Khouma Babacar! :wub:

I was literally about to say exactly this, almost word for word.

Get Babacar. Always turns out better on this version AND is more likely to sign for you.

Get Babacar. Always turns out better on this version AND is more likely to sign for you.

I had a look at both of them tbh, thought lukaku would have the better PA. Babacar will have to come to me in Jan now i'm sitting pretty in 9th in the prem :trumpet:

Archived