Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

evening guys sorry to ask again does any one have a winning tactic and formation for my im playing with my beloved leicester but im struggling like hell so if some one could help that would be great thanks guys

A straight-forward 4-4-2 should be more than good enough at Championship level. Balanced/Standard, stick to position and one striker holding up play should work just fine. I played the whole season without closing down (opposite to my tactics in previous versions) and it has worked quite well actually.

evening guys sorry to ask again does any one have a winning tactic and formation for my im playing with my beloved leicester but im struggling like hell so if some one could help that would be great thanks guys

I used a combination of these:

--------St----St--------

Aml----------------Amr

------Cm---Cm-------

Lb---Cb----Cb----Rb

----------Gk---------

Advanced + deep lying attacking strikers

Wide players are attacking wingers

Deep lying and Advanced playmakers

---------------St--------------

Aml---------------------Amr

------Cm---------Cm------

------------Dmc-------------

Lb----Cb-------Cb------Rb

-------------Gk---------------

Deep lying, supporting striker

Wide players are attacking wingers

Deep lying and advanced playmakers

Anchorman

Completely depends what players you have. I like pacey, creative, good passers and rely on outscoring the opposition. Play attacking, fluid, more expressive creative freedom, default passing, default tackling, more pressing, man marking, stick to position, drilled crosses. Play bit wider than average and a bit slower tempo than average, defensive line a bit deeper than average.

I slightly alter it to play a bit more conservative away from home but these two won me the championship in my first season. Had quite a tidy squad though (see above). Let me know how it goes :thumbup:

Just finished my first Leicester season as champions (if anyone's wondering why I haven't had a Leicester game yet, it's because I've been in Tanzania for the last two months).

Griffiths (300k) finished with 35 goals in 45 apps and became top scorer in the league with 31. Mouche (575k) bagged 20 in all comps as well and Mendy and Hobbs (!) both bagged 10 in all comps.

Had a ridiculously strong strikeforce with the aforementioned two and Kapetanos (210k), Johan Fano (January free) and Christian Fabbiani (January free) meaning Vassell had to make do with just a handful of sub appearances all season. Midfield looked excellent as well with Abou Trika (2,6mil), Mendy, Pedro Morales (950k), Lindgren (1,4mil), Modise (450k) and Lantz (free) added to the current crop. Only bought Sylvinho as backup for Berner, and edited Bamba to come in for 250k in January. Looking to tie up Digne (loan from Lille) one a perm for 1,9 mil as he's really impressed and his stats are shooting up. Total spent so far: 7mil

Got rid of Abe, Fryatt, Neilson, Oakley, Howard, Gallagher and Modise (failed to impress) for a combined 2,1mil

Had a wobbly start and almost got fired 12 games in after losing three on the bounce and having managed only 2 wins in the league and 2 in the LC. But the next 35 games only saw us losing twice (Forest trounced us 3-0 away and a 2-0 away defeat to Everton in the FA Cup 5th round) and winning a staggering 28 of them. But when only one win from the last five was needed to secure promotion, FM did it's best to ruin the mood. Managed only two points out of 15 and Forest did the double while Derby got an added time winner in the following game. I utterly trounced all opposition even in those five games, but everyone kept missing sitters. Thankfully the blip was too late for the rest to catch up. Next stop: Premier League :scarf:

Oh and if you start in League One, try picking up Leigh Griffiths from the start. His potential seems to be absolutely terrible, he's been in my squad now for eighteen months and while I've seen vast improvements to nearly every youngster in my squad with the above training schedules, Griffiths hasn't gone up a single point in any attribute.

Church is good and will improve to far beyond Griffiths but will cost you about two and a half million at the start of the game.

strange, when i had him his attributes shot up faster than firing victoria beckham out a cannon.

Same, here. Developed nicely in many of the right areas. Piccy for Finners (Griffiths, end of season 1):

griffiths.jpg

Can anyone help me, ive found a lot of decent cheap talented players but i cant sign them due to work permits is there anyway of getting work permits for your players easier?

No. Getting exemption from the required 75% of internationals played in the past two years is very rare. I only remember it happening a few times in previous versions. As Finners mentioned, players from Latin America are mostly exempt from moving before the age of 18 which will result in 'failed work permit' in the game. Only other way for ENglish clubs is to get a WP feeder club.

No. Getting exemption from the required 75% of internationals played in the past two years is very rare. I only remember it happening a few times in previous versions. As Finners mentioned, players from Latin America are mostly exempt from moving before the age of 18 which will result in 'failed work permit' in the game. Only other way for ENglish clubs is to get a WP feeder club.

cheers ill have a look at getting a wp feeder club

Oh and now Griffith's stats have gone DOWN. Almost seems buggy. Literally everyone else in the squad has improved greatly with these schedules; including those on the same routine.

Tidy facilities and good coaches, too. Odd.

As you know first team football, level of league and form play into it too. Too much first team football can be detrimental for a young player. But I have to agree with you that it seems strange. Are you talking about Griffiths in your Leicester game? I made my own schedule for the strikers and had at least 3,5 star coaches in the areas he trained. He only had 9 days out with injury the whole season and made 41 league appearances (getting the highest average in the leauge), so it doesn't look like he should suffer from too much first team exposure. If you want a look at the schedule I can upload it, but I'm at a loss to explain the development of Griffers on your game :dunno:

My players keep getting injured, any solution to this?

That depends. Do they get injured in training or in matches? In training it can come down to the amount of workload (especially fitness training) they do, and I don't know about this FM version, but in previous versions, coaches had a hidden stat called 'hardness' which apparently referred to how hard they push the players during training. You could do some investigation by checking out your staffs attributes using the editor. If it's during matches, it could be due to a bad pitch, your players being injury prone or the opposition using rough tactics on you (or a combination thereof).

He played most games in league one (four or more star coachegs currently in champ.) And I have NEVER had a young player not gain due to over exposure.

His morale has always been high, as has his form (45 league goals in L1.) When his stats dropped it came after being played more in rotation in the Champ which makes the over exposure theory even less likely.

Training and youngsters is usually my forte. This is just weird to me.

He played most games in league one (four or more star coachegs currently in champ.) And I have NEVER had a young player not gain due to over exposure.

His morale has always been high, as has his form (45 league goals in L1.) When his stats dropped it came after being played more in rotation in the Champ which makes the over exposure theory even less likely.

Training and youngsters is usually my forte. This is just weird to me.

Maybe his development peaks during the first season, and probably L1 wasn't good enough standard for him to develop to his potential?

That depends. Do they get injured in training or in matches? In training it can come down to the amount of workload (especially fitness training) they do, and I don't know about this FM version, but in previous versions, coaches had a hidden stat called 'hardness' which apparently referred to how hard they push the players during training. You could do some investigation by checking out your staffs attributes using the editor. If it's during matches, it could be due to a bad pitch, your players being injury prone or the opposition using rough tactics on you (or a combination thereof).

It's in games! I've had a Hernia, a metatarsal, numerous dead legs. It's ridiculous. Could it be anything to do with MY tactics?

ACF, if your players are tackling hard it can injure them as well as the other team. Could just be bad luck.

Maybe his development peaks during the first season, and probably L1 wasn't good enough standard for him to develop to his potential?

I had considered that, yeah. But to not gain or lose a single stat at all in an entire season? Not even a small jump in something benign or a drop in tackling.

Very odd

just started a new leicester game last night, and doing much better with this team:

GK - Alex Smithies (cash)

LB - Jlloyd Samuel (free)

LCB - Jay De Merit (free)

RCB - Jack Hobbs

RB - Kyle Walker (loan)

LM - Lloyd Dyer

LCM - Richie Wellens

RCM - Michael Tonge (cash)

RM - Bernard Mendy (free)

ST - Matty Fryatt

ST - Fred(dy) Sears (loan)

just a standard 4-4-2 formation, but top of the league after 5 games, and no goals conceded. (4 wins, 1 draw)

Should have Conner Wickham soon as well, so long as chelsea don't nab him first :angry:

Fingers crossed I wont balls it up this time!!

im finding it extremely hard to do well with leicester any ideas for formations,tactics,styles of football,signings anything i could do to do better

Look through the last few pages for my advice :thumbup:

just started a new leicester game last night, and doing much better with this team:

GK - Alex Smithies (cash)

LB - Jlloyd Samuel (free)

LCB - Jay De Merit (free)

RCB - Jack Hobbs

RB - Kyle Walker (loan)

LM - Lloyd Dyer

LCM - Richie Wellens

RCM - Michael Tonge (cash)

RM - Bernard Mendy (free)

ST - Matty Fryatt

ST - Fred(dy) Sears (loan)

just a standard 4-4-2 formation, but top of the league after 5 games, and no goals conceded. (4 wins, 1 draw)

Should have Conner Wickham soon as well, so long as chelsea don't nab him first :angry:

Fingers crossed I wont balls it up this time!!

Did you get rid of King? :blink: and is Vassell not a better option than Sears?

Archived