Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

I think sheff utd are spying on me. I had like 5 games with them in only one month and in the last game they beat my leicester 5:1 and I almost got fired. I'm not doing well now with so many injuries so I just got used to mid of the table in championship.

When can we expect patch with bamba and yakubu in the squad?

couple of weeks into feb i'd think.

Is there an updated database about? Usually this StuW guy on FM Base does one and uploads it every few days but I can't seem to find one this month.

I want to start as Flamengo now they've got , I could do it myself but it'd be nice to have all the transfers sorted.

When can we expect patch with bamba and yakubu in the squad?

Updated database that includes all Leicester transfers in January

you need the latest update (11.2.0) for it to work. I haven't prolonged Naughton's loan until the end of the season, I forgot that, sorry. Also don't know if this is entirely correct as I've muddled about with that database on two computers and can't be bothered to check if the mistakes (Mee and Bednar on contracts instead of loans, iirc) have been ironed out.

place it in

c:\users\<username>\documents\sports interactive\football manager 2011\editor data

and select it when starting a new game :thumbup:

Updated database that includes all Leicester transfers in January

you need the latest update (11.2.0) for it to work. I haven't prolonged Naughton's loan until the end of the season, I forgot that, sorry. Also don't know if this is entirely correct as I've muddled about with that database on two computers and can't be bothered to check if the mistakes (Mee and Bednar on contracts instead of loans, iirc) have been ironed out.

place it in

c:\users\<username>\documents\sports interactive\football manager 2011\editor data

and select it when starting a new game :thumbup:

:thumbup: cheers mate. i will probably get fired soon so will use definately use it

I NEED A GOAL SCORING BEAST. I've wasted all my monies. Can't figure out Vassel at all. His morale goes from Very High to Very Low in a game, thus meaning he's missing the easiest chances!

Any ideas?

I had Styvar as Church's foil in the first season, he was alright. Nothing to write home about mind.

Here you go, Karl, as promised:

Tactic: 4 1 3 2 gets lots and lots of goals. Just destroyed League One with Tranmere, won it in early March.

Training Schedules Should be keeper, full back, CB, DMC, AMC, fast striker and big striker. There might be a few other rag tag ones I was using at the time, as well. Just delete those if so.

I strongly advocate reading this and making your own if you can be bothered, though. Very good guide.

Oh and if you start in League One, try picking up Leigh Griffiths from the start. His potential seems to be absolutely terrible, he's been in my squad now for eighteen months and while I've seen vast improvements to nearly every youngster in my squad with the above training schedules, Griffiths hasn't gone up a single point in any attribute. That said, he scored 43 league goals in L1 and will probably piss the Championship too. He'll sign for about 300k.

Church is good and will improve to far beyond Griffiths but will cost you about two and a half million at the start of the game. Oh. Alex Smithies (Huddersfield) and Ryan Bennett (Peterborough) are excellent. As is Olivier Kapo, for a free agent. Seamus Coleman should come on loan to Championship or League One and will boss it - I think Henri Lansbury will also loan out to a Champ side in season one as well - he's redonkulous.

Can you upload this again Finners <3

I NEED A GOAL SCORING BEAST. I've wasted all my monies. Can't figure out Vassel at all. His morale goes from Very High to Very Low in a game, thus meaning he's missing the easiest chances!

Any ideas?

Fano and Fabbiani are available on frees in Jan first season.

Sorry if this is boring, but I just wanted to capture the moment as I can't quite believe it. After an extreme flurry of transfer activity, I'm now top of the Premier League after 9 games with a new and utterly experimental tactic. I started the season with a 0-0 draw against Arsenal and then had an unfortunate 2-1 away defeat at Man City even though i restricted them to 5 shots on target. But I've been unbeaten since in nine games knocking Chelsea out of the League Cup (away too) and getting fantastic wins against defending champions Man U and Villa away. Proud! No doubt it will all crumble before me now. Some shots (apologies for the poor cropping):

fixturesp.jpg

leaguetablet.jpg

transfersc.jpg

formationo.jpg

That should be an absolute killer team in the Champ. You might be a bit light on the left side especially, so I'd suggest maybe another loan, in case Dyer (a starter I presume) gets injured. Target man/poacher sounds a good bet. Don't be afraid to sub your target man if he's ineffective though.

Thats always been my problem im Harry Redknapp in the transfer market and Louise Redknapp in the management side.

I got both Carini and Lindgren in the end so Lindgren plays on the left else Dyer or Gally rotate. Taught Lamey to play left back as well so he does a job there if i want to move Bottinelli into centre back. Should give me cover all over the shop i think.

I like youre cross shaped formation. Might give it a bash for a game or two if i start losing a few again.

Thats always been my problem im Harry Redknapp in the transfer market and Louise Redknapp in the management side.

I got both Carini and Lindgren in the end so Lindgren plays on the left else Dyer or Gally rotate. Taught Lamey to play left back as well so he does a job there if i want to move Bottinelli into centre back. Should give me cover all over the shop i think.

I like youre cross shaped formation. Might give it a bash for a game or two if i start losing a few again.

Lindgren's not really a winger though with his average pace and dribbling skills, but never really gave him a shot as a creative wide man so that might work. And be my guest re: the holy formation. Here's my take on it :thumbup:

Edit: by the way, King and Hobbs are beasts! Developing nicely into fine Premier League players

This will be part of your problem.

What you want to do is have a bit of faith in a formation, if it's worked for someone else? It'll work for you. Even if you make your own, if it's relatively sensible it will probably work. The important thing is that you give your team time to learn it. Pay attention to the match preparation window until everybody's fluid with the system you're using.

Chopping and changing for a couple of games will have bad results, typically.

Lindgren's not really a winger though with his average pace and dribbling skills, but never really gave him a shot as a creative wide man so that might work. And be my guest re: the holy formation. Here's my take on it :thumbup:

Edit: by the way, King and Hobbs are beasts! Developing nicely into fine Premier League players

King was alright but I got Christian Eriksen and Nicolas Lodeiro in my first Prem season so he never really got a look in. After signing some regens in the next season I sold him on to Serie A.

King was alright but I got Christian Eriksen and Nicolas Lodeiro in my first Prem season so he never really got a look in. After signing some regens in the next season I sold him on to Serie A.

Yeah, was about to get Eriksen too simply to boost the Danish contingent :P but I didn't have enough dosh ("only" got a budget of 10,5 mil + a wage budget of 350k). Thing is that King has mental stats (and to some degree also technical stats) that are far superior to most at his age. He keeps improving in those areas too and after a season his physical stats don't look too awful either. He's the most secure passer so far in the Prem with 94% success rate! I love his versatility in my system too and best of all he's homegrown! :scarf:

Tried it for 1 match and got done 3-0 at home to Bristol City breaking my 5 match unbeaten run and prompting the press to call the tactical gamble a shambles. Back to 4-4-2 methinks!

This will be part of your problem.

What you want to do is have a bit of faith in a formation, if it's worked for someone else? It'll work for you. Even if you make your own, if it's relatively sensible it will probably work. The important thing is that you give your team time to learn it. Pay attention to the match preparation window until everybody's fluid with the system you're using.

Chopping and changing for a couple of games will have bad results, typically.

Yeah i've been sticking with my 4-4-2 and grinding out results. Floating around play offs in 9th after 12 games with Leigh Griffiths who i bought as back up for Mouche banging in the goals, hes joint 2nd top goal scorer.

Tried it for 1 match and got done 3-0 at home to Bristol City breaking my 5 match unbeaten run and prompting the press to call the tactical gamble a shambles. Back to 4-4-2 methinks!

Yeah i've been sticking with my 4-4-2 and grinding out results. Floating around play offs in 9th after 12 games with Leigh Griffiths who i bought as back up for Mouche banging in the goals, hes joint 2nd top goal scorer.

Haha, unlucky! As Finners says, you need your players to be somewhat competent in the given formation. You can keep up to three tactics in your match preparation though (I always do. Gotta have a plan B!), so in time they will be fluent in the cross one too. Good luck with your promotion push :thumbup:

omg this game get so annoying at some times. i was playing my friendly games v chelsea (lost it 0:1) and away game v aj auxerre (won 0:2) so i thought im doing quite well and when the seasson comes my players get so many injuries and play so shit football i feel like throwing the laptop out of the window.. grrr

too many games can cause more injuries or is it just training overload problem?

Yeah, was about to get Eriksen too simply to boost the Danish contingent :P but I didn't have enough dosh ("only" got a budget of 10,5 mil + a wage budget of 350k). Thing is that King has mental stats (and to some degree also technical stats) that are far superior to most at his age. He keeps improving in those areas too and after a season his physical stats don't look too awful either. He's the most secure passer so far in the Prem with 94% success rate! I love his versatility in my system too and best of all he's homegrown! :scarf:

Eriksen is more than just a boost to your Dane count. He's actually phenomenal. Nearly every game he "Bossed the midfield" for me sat in the CM position, his passing and creativity stats went through the roof and his pace is brilliant. Best central midfielder I've had to date.

He far, far exceeded Andy King. Though Kingy does turn into a decent midfielder if you only want to float about the mid-table. Thing is I don't really ever sign players unless I know they're good enough for a CL push once I get up into the prem.

omg this game get so annoying at some times. i was playing my friendly games v chelsea (lost it 0:1) and away game v aj auxerre (won 0:2) so i thought im doing quite well and when the seasson comes my players get so many injuries and play so shit football i feel like throwing the laptop out of the window.. grrr

too many games can cause more injuries or is it just training overload problem?

use any of the tactics or training setups posted on here and you should do just fine providing you're not doing everything possible to mess up the team :P

Eriksen is more than just a boost to your Dane count. He's actually phenomenal. Nearly every game he "Bossed the midfield" for me sat in the CM position, his passing and creativity stats went through the roof and his pace is brilliant. Best central midfielder I've had to date.

He far, far exceeded Andy King. Though Kingy does turn into a decent midfielder if you only want to float about the mid-table. Thing is I don't really ever sign players unless I know they're good enough for a CL push once I get up into the prem.

I know he's good, and I do plan to sign him in the summer once the money's there. His pace is indeed what really catches the eye. Getting numbers and enough quality in to push for a CL spot in my first Prem season took priority though (ambitious!). Eriksen was just a tad too expensive when I could get Thiago, Galvan and Hazard in for about the same as he would've cost me.

Archived