Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Yeah 4-4-2 with 2 inside forwards and defensive forward/poacher. In fairness i've never had a problem sticking to a formation once i've found one that works (tactical consistency - 18) it just took me ages to find one on this FM. Beat West Ham 1-0 at home and in the same week beat Stoke 2-0. Gwan the BLARMY! Both without Leigh Griffiths whose been out injured for a couple of weeks. Thought i'd miss his goals (28 in the league) but Fabbiani and Mouche have been chipping in nicely. Not so happy with Kapetanos though and i couldn't afford Dembele.

EDIT: John Fleck on loan has been a revelation - 5 goals and 6 assists in 10 games. Monster.

He didn't start out well with me either, but he's doing very nicely in the Prem so far. Keep him on the books as a cheap backup striker is my advice :thumbup:

He didn't start out well with me either, but he's doing very nicely in the Prem so far. Keep him on the books as a cheap backup striker is my advice :thumbup:

I always start to feel bad if there not playing and i tend to flog them off to someone who will play them week in week out. Just did this for Wellens after i brought in Tomas Horava.

Let Tunch go on a free as well. Tried to flog him, Lamey and Dyer for monies but they all went to teams who just offered them contracts rather than me money AND them contracts, ****ers. Im working on the assumption ill be in the prem next season so ill be buying better replacements for them anyways.

My thinking is to stick with the same starting 11 that got me promoted and strengthen any position that i can and drop the former starters to the bench and flog those already on the bench. I hate having a big squad so much so that i tend to never have more players than fits on the squad selection screen without having to scroll down. ADD slightly!

I always start to feel bad if there not playing and i tend to flog them off to someone who will play them week in week out. Just did this for Wellens after i brought in Tomas Horava.

Let Tunch go on a free as well. Tried to flog him, Lamey and Dyer for monies but they all went to teams who just offered them contracts rather than me money AND them contracts, ****ers. Im working on the assumption ill be in the prem next season so ill be buying better replacements for them anyways.

My thinking is to stick with the same starting 11 that got me promoted and strengthen any position that i can and drop the former starters to the bench and flog those already on the bench. I hate having a big squad so much so that i tend to never have more players than fits on the squad selection screen without having to scroll down. ADD slightly!

Yeah, I often do it too unless they're youngsters brought in for profit or development. Looking forward to hear how you do with the same +/- 11 that get/got you up. Funny you tried flogging those as Lamey and Wellens are two of the four I actually kept (not counting Bamba), the others being King and Hobbs.

My squad is nearly always 21 players, no more no less. So I don't really tend to keep dead wood around. The exception is extremely young players who my scouts rave about and who might benefit more from first team football than my coaches. But given my coaches are usually the first thing I improve to world class then I'm often dubious sending lads out to League One or wherever where their development could just as much suffer.

So I often get to a point where I've so many young players in my squad (average age at both Leicester and Tranmere is about 22 / 23) where I only end up really signing youngsters that are already good enough for that 21.

Think my current Leicester reserves has just got one person in it and he's a player/coach.

Oh - and if you can, sign Fleck permanently when you go up if he's not too expensive. Talent.

Decided to do a few seasons in Scottish football so I opted for Hearts.

I didn't make too many drastic changes to my team but hopefully I can try to challenge for the SPL

This is my team so far:

Balogh

Yakubu - DeMerit - Zaliukas(sp) - Wallace

Zilijer - Black - Stevenson - Driver

Griffiths - Kyle

I've got a few players on the bench still like Leo Aro who usually plays well on my other games and I also got Magnus Eikrem on loan from Manchester United after becoming their feeder club.

You will soon discover that if it is Sergio Zijler you have, he is shocking. Made a tidy 500k profit on him second season though.

You will soon discover that if it is Sergio Zijler you have, he is shocking. Made a tidy 500k profit on him second season though.

Even if he is crap, I got him for free so I can't complain :D Templeton is playing more than him anyway at the moment.

start of the game yeah. and im leaking goals but theres nothing i can do about it. noone wants to join me, my strikers cant finish. i tried telling paris cowan-hall to place the ball in the corner of the net and he felt it wouldnt benefit his game.

since playing tonight i drew my first 3, got threatened with the sack then ever since ive lost all games. all four of them. just arranged a friendly against a shit team to get some confidence back.

i beat bournemouth fc (poppies) 4-0 but got dominated lol lol

It's all about your local area with lower league football - i take it you have a parent club?

It's all about your local area with lower league football - i take it you have a parent club?

yeah, plymouth. and no one wants to join me from there either. im signing some striker from ashton utd and ive had to promote two of my youth strikers cause my 3 strikers injured. gifton and noel williams is on the verge of a return though.

yeah, plymouth. and no one wants to join me from there either. im signing some striker from ashton utd and ive had to promote two of my youth strikers cause my 3 strikers injured. gifton and noel williams is on the verge of a return though.

So not only are you playing against weird 10 man formations, you're playing with 12! How are you not winning :giggle:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Literally just screamed the house down.

Lead 1-0 at HT thanks to Tunch popping up with a header from a corner. Thought i'd thrown it away when Jack Hobbs got sent off in the 80th minute and Krancjar scored 2 mins later to take it to ET.

Defoe bags in the 99th minute and im off to find my good hanging rope. 2-1 down at half time in Extra Time and theres no team talk to gee them up.

Last throw of the dice i take off a tired Andy King, move Fleck into the middle and throw Lord Lloyd on in the 115th.

The sexy little bastard bags with his first touch in the 117th minute. YOU fooking BEAUTY!! Penalties here i come ...

Until Little Lord Lloyd sticks in a floating cross to the far post in the 2nd minute of injury time in extra time and Bernard Mendy pops up and scores. Cue pandemonium and some 'what the **** is going on' glances from the missus.

I fooking love football manager!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Literally just screamed the house down.

Lead 1-0 at HT thanks to Tunch popping up with a header from a corner. Thought i'd thrown it away when Jack Hobbs got sent off in the 80th minute and Krancjar scored 2 mins later to take it to ET.

Defoe bags in the 99th minute and im off to find my good hanging rope. 2-1 down at half time in Extra Time and theres no team talk to gee them up.

Last throw of the dice i take off a tired Andy King, move Fleck into the middle and throw Lord Lloyd on in the 115th.

The sexy little bastard bags with his first touch in the 117th minute. YOU fooking BEAUTY!! Penalties here i come ...

Until Little Lord Lloyd sticks in a floating cross to the far post in the 2nd minute of injury time in extra time and Bernard Mendy pops up and scores. Cue pandemonium and some 'what the **** is going on' glances from the missus.

I fooking love football manager!

Haha, wonderful stuff!! :D

Think i've done okay in the transfer market for my first season in the prem and in the EURO cup.

My new starting line up should look something like:

Amelia

Naughton - Barzagli - Yobo - Insua

M Diarra - Jenas

Maxi Rodriguez - Van Der Vaart

Griffiths - Dembele

Signings:

Amelia, Barzagli, Obinna, Diarra (free)

Naughton, Ramsey, Muniesa (Loans combined fees about a mil)

Dembele (1.8m)

Maxi (3.2m)

Van Der Vaart (8.75m)

Yobo (2.6m)

Jenas (1.8m)

Atila Turan (2.6m)

Insua (3.4m)

Sold:

Lindgren (5m) only cos of his highest wage earner clause)

Abe (1m)

DeMerit (500k)

Gally (600k)

Crncic, Moreno, Kennedy, Waggy, Kermo and Kapetanos for nearly 2m combined

Started a game as Scotland not going great, but I have found a nice diamond system which works nicely.

GK: Gordan

DR:Hutton

DC: Webster

DC: Berra

DL: Wallace

DM: McCulloch

MC: Adam

MC: Fletcher

AM: Dorrans

ST: Fletcher

ST: Boyd/Miller

Leigh Griffiths may get a call up in the near future :thumbup:

Sold:

Lindgren (5m) only cos of his highest wage earner clause)

Abe (1m)

Fine deals that. Sold Lindgren for the same reason but only got 2,2 for him. Abe also went for much less than that. Did the FA Cup win boost their price? Decent players you brought in too. :thumbup:

Squad for Prem this season

GK Kirkland

DR Coleman

DCR Bassong

DCL Woodgate

DL Van Aanholt

DCM Hargreaves

AMR Santana

AMC Babel

AML Delev

STR Dembele

STL Jara

Subs most of the time Smithies Adriano Rodrigues Abe Downing Nimani Hobbs or Naughton

using a 4/1/3/2 attacking formation sitting in 3rd

Leicester 2-0 Chelsea Dembele and Jara

Man United 1-1 Leicester Rooney and Jara

Sunderland 0-1 Leicester Dembele

Fine deals that. Sold Lindgren for the same reason but only got 2,2 for him. Abe also went for much less than that. Did the FA Cup win boost their price? Decent players you brought in too. :thumbup:

Yeah Andy Kings worth 4m and just about makes the bench. Fulham were splashing money about all over the shop. They took Smithies on loan as well.

Beat Vit. Guimares 3-0 and 2-1 to reach the group stages of the EURO Cup. Drew Juventus, Hapoel Tel Aviv and Zeljeznicar. Group of death apparently.

EDIT: Frigging Obinna - due to be my starting AML - didnt get a WP so had to farm him out on loan for a year to Bulgaria. Maxi and RVDV are sharing the flanks now.

Archived