Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

I still play 09 and was browsing World Cup qualifiers and saw this. The attendance was 144,986.

Would that be a probable attendance for that match or is it just a mistake?

Probably the actual attendance, the May Day stadium is fooking huge!

That worked a charm in FM 2010 as well. How come so few keep Hobbs in the first team second season? Even Finners just does it by accident :P

Cos theres so much talent out there available cheap at centre back, Yobo and Barzagli are keeping Hobbs and Muniesa out all day.

And El Empty - they;ll be down as 'rivals' so a big attendence would be expected especially in a massive stadium eg if it were East Vs West Germany. In reality itd be played behind closed doors with only Kim Jong Il present.

But doesn't anybody play with their heart anymore? :cry:

If i played with my heart Chris Powell would be my assistant manager and Ricky Sappleton and Louis Dodds would be my striking partnership. Hearts dont win FA Cup's in thier first season (mostly cos there Scottish)

Well, I managed to hold on to 5th spot in the end. Changed tactics after a little slump in January to a standard 4-3-3 which worked a charm. Went on to win 16 of my next 20 games. But disappointed that 71 points didn't even get me fourth place. That said, the bottom teams were very poor this season, Burnley staying up with a measly 24 points and -38 goal difference! I was still in the running for CL in the last game of the season, but I lost against Liverpool (who became champions) and Chelsea won their match anyway. But the bright side is that I somehow emulated Smuts and won the FA Cup too, albeit not in the first season. I got the most ridiculous draws after my third round draw with Southend though. Chelsea away, Man Utd home, Tottenham away (went to a replay), Blackburn in the semi and Everton in the final (who unfortunately defeated Forest in the semis). Andy King got the Premier League goal of the season (I'll hear no more of this "only good enough for mid-table team" malarky! :whistle: ) And Soumaré almost finished as topscorer for my team :P

I play with my heart as much as I can. Why do you think I've gotten half of Foxes Talk to sign a Welsh international striker?

Yet you claim another Welsh LEICESTER star is only good enough for mid-table obscurity? :cry:

He is, though. Compared to what I had.

Selling him to someone that played him regularly (mid-table Atalanta) WAS playing with my heart. :thumbup:

But you never gave him a chance did you? You put your faith in Eriksen from the beginning! *sob* And you call yourself a Welsh Leicester fan... shame on you! :P

It's such a pain trying to sign players for the Scottish league, I approach to sign a perfectly reasonable player but no, "my client does not wish to enter contract negotiations".

It's happened about 10 times to me and is starting to get annoying :cry:

But you never gave him a chance did you? You put your faith in Eriksen from the beginning! *sob* And you call yourself a Welsh Leicester fan... shame on you! :P

Narh I sold him in the third season, I think. Pretty sure he has a season of rotation in the prem before I finally realised his attribution gain had stalled and then I flogged him.

And ACF, I play him as a poacher and taught him to break the offside trap. When I had Griffiths and Church both in my side I had Church STL as a poacher and Griffiths STR as an "advanced forward" or whatever and they both got 35+ in the league.

Narh I sold him in the third season, I think. Pretty sure he has a season of rotation in the prem before I finally realised his attribution gain had stalled and then I flogged him.

Fair enough, I guess it works out different in each game. His stats have steadily increased over the two seasons now and (as yet) he hasn't even peaked according to my assistants' potential report.

Transfer update: I splashed out the cash to get Babacar (21mil) and have also brought in RvdV, Zuniga, Nelson Rivas, Zhirkov and Eriksen (loan + 7mil agreed fee). Out went Soumaré for a whopping 12mil and loaned out Mouche as well along with other crap. So net transfer spend: a mere 5,5 mil :thumbup:

Fair enough, I guess it works out different in each game. His stats have steadily increased over the two seasons now and (as yet) he hasn't even peaked according to my assistants' potential report.

Transfer update: I splashed out the cash to get Babacar (21mil) and have also brought in RvdV, Zuniga, Nelson Rivas, Zhirkov and Eriksen (loan + 7mil agreed fee). Out went Soumaré for a whopping 12mil and loaned out Mouche as well along with other crap. So net transfer spend: a mere 5,5 mil :thumbup:

signed him on a free when he was 17 he is turning out great 9 goals in 7 games

Ok...so am currently playing two strikers up front and have three to choose from:

Lacina Traore

Garra Dembele

Taufic Guarch

Also have a young striker coming through the ranks who is a good sub for last 5 mins for experience.

In the last two games both Traore and Dembele have been injured for up to 3 months (i think the game hates me)

Can anyone recommend a good striker to get on a 3 month loan??

Ok...so am currently playing two strikers up front and have three to choose from:

Lacina Traore

Garra Dembele

Taufic Guarch

Also have a young striker coming through the ranks who is a good sub for last 5 mins for experience.

In the last two games both Traore and Dembele have been injured for up to 3 months (i think the game hates me)

Can anyone recommend a good striker to get on a 3 month loan??

Meant to say...playing 2015/2016 season...

Ricey, i expect a written apology from your boss for this:

Playing Liverpool in the QF of the League Cup and drew 1-1 AET. Going into penalties and it looks like my laptop has spazzed out or something as the score on screen is different to whats occurring in the commentary. On screen i've won the shootout 4-2. Pleased. The text commentary though is still going with Diarra needed to bag for me to stay in the shootout. At this point the game freezes. Nothing happening at all. Im pausing and playing again - nothing. Livid. Left it for 5 minutes with nowt happening so had to restart the game. Luckily id just saved it as id made a new formation for the game.

Just played it again - same result 1-1 AET and into penalties. Which i just lost thanks to Diarra hitting the bar with my 5th penalty.

Livid.

Archived