Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Ricey, i expect a written apology from your boss for this:

Playing Liverpool in the QF of the League Cup and drew 1-1 AET. Going into penalties and it looks like my laptop has spazzed out or something as the score on screen is different to whats occurring in the commentary. On screen i've won the shootout 4-2. Pleased. The text commentary though is still going with Diarra needed to bag for me to stay in the shootout. At this point the game freezes. Nothing happening at all. Im pausing and playing again - nothing. Livid. Left it for 5 minutes with nowt happening so had to restart the game. Luckily id just saved it as id made a new formation for the game.

Just played it again - same result 1-1 AET and into penalties. Which i just lost thanks to Diarra hitting the bar with my 5th penalty.

Livid.

was it actually pausing and playing (changing from pause to play and back in the top corner) but not continuing or had it froze so it couldn't even leave the match screen to go to another screen?

Hi, I got this game for christmas, and I am Leicester City, I won the league in my first season, but I have found that I am really struggling in the premier league, I am using good tactics that are quite effective (worked with every team I have ever been and got promoted with it), I think that the players that I have got just are not good enough at the minute, here is my Leicester team in the prem.

Westwood

Lamey Tunchev Hobbs Jay lloyd Samuel

Weiss Cairney/Wellens Abe/King Andrew Driver

Wood Vassell

obviously I have a fairly young and inexperienced team, so i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on players that are quality now that I could afford. (12m).

these are my results so far:

Blackburn (H) 0-1

Norwich (A) (cc) 3-0

Man City (A) 1-3

Arsenal (H) 4-4

although these results are not horrendus, they are quite bad, particularly blackburn. I am also getting dominated in every game, other than norwich. any suggestions.

Hi, I got this game for christmas, and I am Leicester City, I won the league in my first season, but I have found that I am really struggling in the premier league, I am using good tactics that are quite effective (worked with every team I have ever been and got promoted with it), I think that the players that I have got just are not good enough at the minute, here is my Leicester team in the prem.

Westwood

Lamey Tunchev Hobbs Jay lloyd Samuel

Weiss Cairney/Wellens Abe/King Andrew Driver

Wood Vassell

obviously I have a fairly young and inexperienced team, so i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on players that are quality now that I could afford. (12m).

these are my results so far:

Blackburn (H) 0-1

Norwich (A) (cc) 3-0

Man City (A) 1-3

Arsenal (H) 4-4

although these results are not horrendus, they are quite bad, particularly blackburn. I am also getting dominated in every game, other than norwich. any suggestions.

Have a look through the last 4-5 pages and you'll get plenty of ideas on players. Looking at your team I wouldn't expect more than midtable finish with it.

doing a fantasy Leicester made it so all the team is good on editor top after 11 games unbeaton only let in 5 changed the player ages so they are at city for ages beat middlesbrough away 8-1 and beat derby 5-0

team

Weale

Naughton Tunchev Bamba Berner

Gallagher Wellens Dyer

King

Jara Dembele

just a bit of fun

well managed to sign him like that did have to appeal a few times to let him come

If that's true, I'll have to try that sometime. No idea how you could attract him there. The reputation of the league and the club should be much too low for him wanting to come :dunno:

What's the best way to go about getting Griffiths to live up to the expectations?

I bought him due to a lot of people saying he works wonders, but Vassell is easily keeping him out the team. 24 goals in 18 matches for him, so Leigh has been restricted to the bench ever since the first 9 games (in which I started him and he scored once). Everytime he comes on he looks sluggish too, missing easy 1v1s.

Any help would be great.

What's the best way to go about getting Griffiths to live up to the expectations?

I bought him due to a lot of people saying he works wonders, but Vassell is easily keeping him out the team. 24 goals in 18 matches for him, so Leigh has been restricted to the bench ever since the first 9 games (in which I started him and he scored once). Everytime he comes on he looks sluggish too, missing easy 1v1s.

Any help would be great.

Play him as a poacher and he isn't really a super sub.

On my Southampton season I played him as a lone striker.

Yeah, I may have to just risk it and throw him in there then... Darius won't be happy. :whistle:

Whilst I'm here, anyone know how to assign a coach for Shooting? The only options I can find is Attacking, and that doesn't alter the Shooting * rating.

Yeah, I may have to just risk it and throw him in there then... Darius won't be happy. :whistle:

Whilst I'm here, anyone know how to assign a coach for Shooting? The only options I can find is Attacking, and that doesn't alter the Shooting * rating.

I'd say look for ones with good technical as well (think that's what I read on FM Base)

Odd. I would assume that someone that gets 24 goals in 18 games out of Vassell (why would you want to replace him with that form????) including an 8-1 win against Doncaster would at least know what a shooting coach needs. He needs Attacking and Technical training...

I have my coach,19 in technical and 18 in tactical but I can't seem to apply him to that specific category? It's so annoying lol

... and he also needs Motivation, Determination and Discipline in enough amounts. In fact, if he's very good in those, he can me quite moderate in Att and Tech skills and still get 4,5-5 stars.

Odd. I would assume that someone that gets 24 goals in 18 games out of Vassell (why would you want to replace him with that form????) including an 8-1 win against Doncaster would at least know what a shooting coach needs. He needs Attacking and Technical training...

... and he also needs Motivation, Determination and Discipline in enough amounts. In fact, if he's very good in those, he can me quite moderate in Att and Tech skills and still get 4,5-5 stars.

it's not a matter of not knowing what he needs, it's that I can't seem to get him to take over the coaching for shooting! Haven't had this problem in past games.

it's not a matter of not knowing what he needs, it's that I can't seem to get him to take over the coaching for shooting! Haven't had this problem in past games.

Then yes, I suppose your game is bugged. Unless you somehow hired him as fitness or GK coach.

I'll try offering him a new contract, to see if that kind of 'resets' it. My shooting training is still at 3 1/2 stars, but everything else is on 4 or 4 1/2 so I'd like it to be on par.

----------

Griffiths finally starting to show some promise now. 4 goals in the past 5 he's played in. I'm rotating him with Dembele now as Vassell is playing really well. Yet, he's still not my top scorer...

11bi0lu.jpg

:D

Archived