Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

I'll try offering him a new contract, to see if that kind of 'resets' it. My shooting training is still at 3 1/2 stars, but everything else is on 4 or 4 1/2 so I'd like it to be on par.

----------

Griffiths finally starting to show some promise now. 4 goals in the past 5 he's played in. I'm rotating him with Dembele now as Vassell is playing really well. Yet, he's still not my top scorer...

11bi0lu.jpg

:D

Sorry if this has been mentioned but how the hell has booth got that many?

should have moved out from tv view (assuming you were in tv view) and gone on holiday to force the game to advance and retain your result.

It's because you're still in highlights. Exit highlights :thumbup:

You must have gone to see a goal, or moved back on the time thing at the bottom.

I wasnt in TV view so i couldnt have been a highlights issue surely? Annoyed i dint try gan on holiday though.

Narh I sold him in the third season, I think. Pretty sure he has a season of rotation in the prem before I finally realised his attribution gain had stalled and then I flogged him.

And ACF, I play him as a poacher and taught him to break the offside trap. When I had Griffiths and Church both in my side I had Church STL as a poacher and Griffiths STR as an "advanced forward" or whatever and they both got 35+ in the league.

Cheers for this, I've got Church on the Left and Griffiths on the right at the moment, Church as a Target Man, not working, and Griffiths as a Poacher, and he has 7 in 7, including a hat trick.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but I just set him to far post.. corners to be delivered at far post.. and he just seems to score a lot ;)

I know. I've experienced the same far post thing. It's clearly a bug that hasn't been solved for some obscure reason. One would have thought it would've been spotted before, or maybe it's the result of the patch itself :dunno:

Shen, you seem to be in the know about coaching stats.

Can you tell me what attributes I should look for to find a good assistant manager?

It depends what you want from your assistant. If you want (reliable) tactical advice, you should go for one with high Tactical Knowledge and good JPA and JPP is recommended too. The latter will also give your assistant good ability to assess your team more correctly. One with high Motivation will be able to give mostly good team talks (they will very rarely backfire anyway!), and if you want him to be a good coach as well then you obviously look at his various coaching stats (don't forget to look at his Determination and LoD values). Some prefer staff to have high Adaptability values, and while it won't hurt, it's not really essential. I haven't been playing much lower league yet, so I don't know many names at that reputation level, but Terry McDermott from 'Uddersfield is a very good non-coaching assistant.

Entering the busy pre-season for my first term in the Premier league. Means only one thing, crazy transfers!

bhg9dx.png

Hahaha.. Will only be for a trial I guess, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts..

--------------------

EDIT: Oh, erm, maybe not then...

2nas8pu.png

I have no idea how I pulled that off. It was a very expensive deal, but still a lot cheaper than he was on at his previous club!!

Here are the guys I signed in my Championship winning season:

2lxi3rn.png

I wouldn't bother with O'Hara tbh, as I thought 2.9 is good value as he could cut it in the Prem when promoted, but he's out of his depth.

--------------------------------------------

As for my tactics, I use an adapted version of JP's 4-4-2. Take a look here to grab his version: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/jp-woody-high-scoring-t57855.html

I've had to completely change it for the Premiership though, as the calibre of the Strikers in the Prem punish any mistakes made by your defence.

Here are the guys I signed in my Championship winning season:

2lxi3rn.png

I wouldn't bother with O'Hara tbh, as I thought 2.9 is good value as he could cut it in the Prem when promoted, but he's out of his depth.

--------------------------------------------

As for my tactics, I use an adapted version of JP's 4-4-2. Take a look here to grab his version: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/jp-woody-high-scoring-t57855.html

I've had to completely change it for the Premiership though, as the calibre of the Strikers in the Prem punish any mistakes made by your defence.

I see you spent 4.4 miliion on 3 goalkeepers, I take it you were not happy with the 1st 2

Archived