Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Got 18 million to spend but dont know who to buy;

GK: Smithies

RB: Coleman

CB: BAMBA

CB: Hobbs

LB: Wallace

CM: King

CM: Adam

CM: Abe

CAM: SWP

ST:Griffiths

ST: Dembele

SUBS; Vaughan, Tunchev, Weiss, Whittingham, Brunt, P Jones, Ambrusics.

Would like a reserve GK but don't know what else, any help is much appreciated. Shen and Fiinners :ph34r:

Here are the guys I signed in my Championship winning season:

2lxi3rn.png

I wouldn't bother with O'Hara tbh, as I thought 2.9 is good value as he could cut it in the Prem when promoted, but he's out of his depth.

--------------------------------------------

As for my tactics, I use an adapted version of JP's 4-4-2. Take a look here to grab his version: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/jp-woody-high-scoring-t57855.html

I've had to completely change it for the Premiership though, as the calibre of the Strikers in the Prem punish any mistakes made by your defence.

What did you think of David Hoilett got him in my leicester squad scored 7 so far great player and inpact sub

My computer is being sent off to the workshop, so it is likely that the memory will be wiped :frusty: Hopefully when it gets back the new patch will be just around the corner. Leicester will be immense on it :scarf: I'm guessing Yakubu and Naughton would be included now?

What did you think of David Hoilett got him in my leicester squad scored 7 so far great player and inpact sub

I didn't get to use him as much as I'd like too due to to Gally, Wobay and Lansbury playing really well. However, when he did come on he played very well.

So basically I'm looking for a CDM as a replacement for Arevalo Rios as he wants too much and is getting on a bit.

So I notice Sergio Busquets is available on a free in 6 months for about the same wages as Rios. I've declared my interest in him and he's said he would consider a move to Leicester.

But here's the catch, whenever I approach him, his nob of an agent keeps saying that the client isn't interested in contract negotiations.

:frusty:

Oh, and I was thinking of selling Ryan Babel (got him on a free) because his performances were poor and his confidence was very low, but after telling him to improve on his training and also telling him that if his performances didn't improve he'd be on the transfer list, his confidence sky-rocketed and now he's winning games single-handedly for my team :chant:

Got 18 million to spend but dont know who to buy;

Would like a reserve GK but don't know what else, any help is much appreciated. Shen and Fiinners :ph34r:

Have a butchers in the reserve teams of the top 6 teams. I found RVDV and Maxi Rodriguez there and picked up Yobo as well, Unfortunately there all injured for a couple of months each and my teams now losing week in week out and flitting around 15th. I got Insua and Jenas as well and him and Diarra are bossing the midfield at the moment (Kings injured too). Ramseys having to play AMR with Thorgen Hazard loaned in as back up playing every week at the moment thanks to Obinnas ridiculous work permit situation.

Dembeles been doing ok so far but nothing as good as expected. Griffiths is doing ok in the prem as well but not a patch on last season. Both bagged about 5 in 15 or so games. Because of Yobos injury Hobbs has been playing quite a bit and Amelia is the dogs in goal.

What training does everyone use these days? Tugs gave up on it didn't he?

Finners put up a good schedule about 5 pages back that ive been using.

I'm assuming you're in your second season? I'm not really an expert on backup goalies. I'm sure a tiny bit of searching will result in a viable option. My goalies the second season were Amelia and Stuhr-Ellegaard. Sørensen is usually also available and relatively cheap. But if you want to try your luck De Gea has a release clause of 17mil and I think he's just about the best keeper in the game.

And if you're asking for advice on the team in general, I would probably have a tough tackling midfielder as well as a different AMC option to SWP or King. Otherwise it's looking quite sound :thumbup:

So the Premier League struggle begins.

With a few better additions to my squad that easily got promoted, I lose 4-1 to Bolton, 4-1 to Sunderland and the 6-0 to Southampton in the League Cup!

Not sure how or why it's happened, but it's fvcked morale and it'll be a long struggle from here.

Archived