Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

My Fantasey free transfer game plus bigger wage budget

GK Cavalieri Westwood Smithies Amos

LB Ridgewell Shorey

RB Johnson Richards Walker

CB Luiz Coelho Upson Rodwell

MC Davies Nolan Adam Lansbury Costa Holden Janssen Ninis

MR Bentley Wright-Phillips Rodriguez Jarvis Walcott

ML Taylor Johnson Lafferty Willshire

St Bojan Defoe Sturridge Welbeck Ebanks-Blake Boyd Heskey Delfonso Griffths

sitting top unbeaton with only 1 drawn Bojan 30 goals Defoe 24 Sturridge 23 Blake 17 Boyd 15 Heskey 10 Gritths 10 Adam 8 Davies 7 Johnson 4

Have a butchers in the reserve teams of the top 6 teams. I found RVDV and Maxi Rodriguez there and picked up Yobo as well, Unfortunately there all injured for a couple of months each and my teams now losing week in week out and flitting around 15th. I got Insua and Jenas as well and him and Diarra are bossing the midfield at the moment (Kings injured too). Ramseys having to play AMR with Thorgen Hazard loaned in as back up playing every week at the moment thanks to Obinnas ridiculous work permit situation.

Dembeles been doing ok so far but nothing as good as expected. Griffiths is doing ok in the prem as well but not a patch on last season. Both bagged about 5 in 15 or so games. Because of Yobos injury Hobbs has been playing quite a bit and Amelia is the dogs in goal.

Finished 11th in the Prem at the end of the 2nd season. Forest, Bristol City and Fulham went down so i ws the only Champo team to stay up :D I came 3rd in Manager of the Year as well.

Muniesa started out as back up but long term injury to Yobo meant he got used a lot more especially with Barzagli out quite often. He was immense, became really important. After about 20 games in the league he bagged 5 and a couple of assists. Griffiths came out with 13 goals.

Barzagli was a monster, so was Amelia. Didn't use Jenas as much as id have liked but he was always impressive when he came in for Ramsey. Van Der Vaart was a letdown cos of injuries, Maxi Rodriguez was only slightly better. Yobo was out all season and only played 7 games. 2 biggest suprises were Mouche and Mendy who both played really well. Mendy may even get a new contract depending on signings.

Gonna lose Naughton, Muniesa, Ramsey and Hazard when thier loans finish so they'll need replacing. Hope i get the backing. Horova has been sold. Carini's had enough of being backup so hell go too. Let you know who i sign.

Paloschi, what a beast!! :wub: Also very pleased with Kyrylo Petrov so far :thumbup:

Had him in the champ for Leicester in my free transfers game. Scored 50 in the first season. MONSTER! How much did he cost you?

Also - how long to WP's take to sort themselves out? Ive got Obinna out in Bulgaria with Livaja and i want them both for next season.

First season in the Prem went alot better than expected, finished 8th, only 6 points off 4th, and bagged an FA cup win on penalties against Spurs.

Tom Cairney, Martin Kelly & Dembele were stand out players, aswell as Kevin Diaz, who I picked up for about a mill in january, notched 7 goals and 8 assists in 15 games, only originally bought him 'cause Lloyd was injured.

Loving actually being alright at this game this year, usually i'm shite.

Got Heskey in on a free for the fans and Craig Gordan as back up for Amelia.

Loan offers for Jerome Boateng and Bojan as neither would come after transfer bids (couldnt afford the wages) also had a crack at Fabio on loan to replace Naughton and Wilshere to replace Ramsey.

Need a world class striker trying Babacar and Lukaku or Neymar.

Game report

Good read. Keep faith in RvdV, he was Premier League PotS for me in 2012/2013 :thumbup: Surprised Mouche did that well, he rather sucked on mine so loaned him out to Boca for the season, but he rejected their offer at the end of the season. Might use him as a back up though as I like to have a left-footed striker up my sleeve for my front three (Griffiths is starting to look very limited)

Had him in the champ for Leicester in my free transfers game. Scored 50 in the first season. MONSTER! How much did he cost you?

Also - how long to WP's take to sort themselves out? Ive got Obinna out in Bulgaria with Livaja and i want them both for next season.

He cost me 17 mil and looks to be the ideal foil for Babacar. Too bad he's so one-footed though paloschi.jpg

As for WP's it usually takes around 2 or 3 seasons depending on the WP club you've loaned him out to.

Got Heskey in on a free for the fans and Craig Gordan as back up for Amelia.

Loan offers for Jerome Boateng and Bojan as neither would come after transfer bids (couldnt afford the wages) also had a crack at Fabio on loan to replace Naughton and Wilshere to replace Ramsey.

Need a world class striker trying Babacar and Lukaku or Neymar.

Always wanted to try out Hulk, but he's often been overpriced. Oscar Cardozo another one who still looks awesome. Destro might have developed into something interesting though it depends on whether he has got playing time the first couple of seasons and Kalinic is an excellent all-rounder who always turns out to be a pain in the arse against me! And of course Agüero should you have the money and the reputation to get him there, which I doubt if you couldn't afford the wages of Boateng

Always wanted to try out Hulk, but he's often been overpriced. Oscar Cardozo another one who still looks awesome. Destro might have developed into something interesting though it depends on whether he has got playing time the first couple of seasons and Kalinic is an excellent all-rounder who always turns out to be a pain in the arse against me! And of course Agüero should you have the money and the reputation to get him there, which I doubt if you couldn't afford the wages of Boateng

Kalinic does always do really well against me. Cardozo is at Arsenal and 29 already. Scouting Destro and gonna have a try with Hulk. Had my offer and wages accepted for Lukaku (17.5m) so hope hes worth it.

EDIT: Got Lukaku and Caceres on a free.

Couldnt really afford anyone else after Lukaku.

Squad for season 3:

Gordon

Boateng - Caceres - Barzagli - Insua

M Diarra - Jenas

Van Der Vaart - - Babel/Vela

Dembele - Lukaku

Subs:

Amelia

Yobo

Muniesa/Hobbs/Fabio

Maxi Rodriguez

Babel/Vela/King

Griffiths

Heskey/Mouche

Surprised Lukaku came to you, he didn't even fancy coming to me after I won the Prem.

Neymar was always interested, however, but his club wanted more than I thought someone with fuck all finishing was worth.

Eventually got Babacar and am glad, best of the three in my opinion.

Surprised Lukaku came to you, he didn't even fancy coming to me after I won the Prem.

Neymar was always interested, however, but his club wanted more than I thought someone with fuck all finishing was worth.

Eventually got Babacar and am glad, best of the three in my opinion.

Babacar wouldve cost about the same but i wanted Lukaku.

Couldnt really afford anyone else after Lukaku.

Squad for season 3:

Gordon

Boateng - Caceres - Barzagli - Insua

M Diarra - Jenas

Van Der Vaart - - Babel/Vela

Dembele - Lukaku

Subs:

Amelia

Yobo

Muniesa/Hobbs/Fabio

Maxi Rodriguez

Babel/Vela/King

Griffiths

Heskey/Mouche

That looks a very handy squad! I'm surprised you've been able to afford the wages of those guys, considering you spent a big wad of cash on Lukaku as well! :thumbup:

That looks a very handy squad! I'm surprised you've been able to afford the wages of those guys, considering you spent a big wad of cash on Lukaku as well! :thumbup:

Spending just under 800k on wages and still got 2.3m to spend but knocked my budget down to 0 to spend and 850k available wages.

Got 3 players on 69k and 2 on 60k.

Spending just under 800k on wages and still got 2.3m to spend but knocked my budget down to 0 to spend and 850k available wages.

Got 3 players on 69k and 2 on 60k.

And I thought spending 650k while in the CL in the fourth season was a lot! :blink:

laugh.gif - none.

The game did produce a crash dump as i tried to do a pre-match team talk but i never actually replayed the match.

First 4 games of 2011 are going to be good: wales, ireland, n.ireland in the 4 nations then england at hampden.

been called in to clean up sven's mess - been sacked with city in 16th, 6th round of the fa cup having won at manure.

laugh.gif - none.

The game did produce a crash dump as i tried to do a pre-match team talk but i never actually replayed the match.

First 4 games of 2011 are going to be good: wales, ireland, n.ireland in the 4 nations then england at hampden.

been called in to clean up sven's mess - been sacked with city in 16th, 6th round of the fa cup having won at manure.

Can you manage two teams at once then? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick? :S

hi, does nebody know how to start a 'free transfers' game bcause people are going on about it, and it sounds good and I would like to give it a try. responses much appreciated. cheers.

Download a database.

Or open the database, select to unregister all players, save it, start new game with this one.

Same result either way.

Download a database.

Or open the database, select to unregister all players, save it, start new game with this one.

Same result either way.

Can you do that again this year? That would have saved me like 10 minutes searching for a database.

In other news my team are still ridiculously inconsistent. Beat Manure 3-1 at Old Trafford then lost 1-0 to recently promoted Wigan. RVDV is finally on form but Lukaku is not living up to his pricetag. Hes a virtul Torres at the moment with about 2 goals in 12.

My two strikers are set to Advanced Forward and Poacher - you'd expect Lukaku as AF and Vela as Poacher would be best right?

Archived