Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Can you do that again this year? That would have saved me like 10 minutes searching for a database.

In other news my team are still ridiculously inconsistent. Beat Manure 3-1 at Old Trafford then lost 1-0 to recently promoted Wigan. RVDV is finally on form but Lukaku is not living up to his pricetag. Hes a virtul Torres at the moment with about 2 goals in 12.

My two strikers are set to Advanced Forward and Poacher - you'd expect Lukaku as AF and Vela as Poacher would be best right?

Nah, I'd use Lukaku as a target man. Never had much success using an attacking TM but putting him as support works a charm with Babacar, who's quite similar. Then have Vela as AF preferably as he's got the ability to thread some balls as well.

Nah, I'd use Lukaku as a target man. Never had much success using an attacking TM but putting him as support works a charm with Babacar, who's quite similar. Then have Vela as AF preferably as he's got the ability to thread some balls as well.

Switched it up with some minor success to a new formation. Playing Lukaku up top on his own as a Target man. Babel and Maxi as inside forward wingers and RVDV as an AMC then as before.

Board accepted 7.5m bids for Diarra and Barzagli cos im skint and i havent had any of the money back to spend. Lovely stuff.

Could someone do me a favour and get me the CA & PA of; Kyle Naughton, Patrick Van Aanholt, Jeffery Bruma, Danny Uchechi(if hes on the game :unsure: ) Vassell and Yakubu please?

As requested;

Name			CA		PA
Kyle Naughton		126		-8
Patrick Van Aanholt	105		-8
Jeffrey Bruma		110		-8
Danny Uchechi		75		-6
Darius Vassell		123		143
Yakubu			144		157

Hoooooooooooooof. Is that Jack Hobbs at the back? :whistle:

With goals like that, I don't mind a bit of hoofball :D And the light skinned one is Kompany. But I did have to play Hobbs a few games later due to injuries/suspension.

what comp do you run FM on your grapics look great mine is so shit i have to play 2d :cry:

My three year old 2 GHz Zepto laptop with Nvidia 8600m GT graphics card. Quite out of date by today's standards :dunno:

Switched it up with some minor success to a new formation. Playing Lukaku up top on his own as a Target man. Babel and Maxi as inside forward wingers and RVDV as an AMC then as before.

Board accepted 7.5m bids for Diarra and Barzagli cos im skint and i havent had any of the money back to spend. Lovely stuff.

They better start giving me moolah and shit now. Leicester City - League cup champions 2013 after a 2-0 win over the favourites Man City. Think thats the first time ive won both cups with the same team.

Shame im not doing so well in the league. Lukaku and Vela are both on form now thankfully and RVDV is playing well too. Badelj is looking a good signing at 9.5m and Darren Gibson on a free to boost my small squad has done well as well. Heskeys been out all season so that was a brilliant signing.

14th in the Prem 10 points off of relegation and but 7 points off 8th as well so a few wins will make me happy. Need a top 10 finish else ill have failed imo.

started with swindon but only recently got into it due to lack of playing time! but im loving it,tweaked tactics etc for ages and finally getting joy after only a few games,sitting top after 3 games, 10 goals for 1 conceded! :) plymouth away -0-4 win :)...peterborugh 1-2 win :)...tranmere away 0-4 win...

just had everton in the cup, holding them and playing pretty well away from home in this televised game, charlie austin with 6 goals in the league already,missing a few good chances he created himself! milan ivana becmonig a wonder signing by myself and a cult hero, already tearing up league 1 with 3 assists and 3 goals!

60 minutes gone i hit the woodwork twice through great work from livermore feeding austin! bang,89 minute,garbutt brings down ecclestone, penalty, (NO red card :( hmmmm).....up steps ivana, 1-0, yesssssssssssss! everton kick off, mphela header 89th minute,equaliser! :(....extra time,still playing well forcing crappy play and long shots from them!!...95 gone 2-1 ,oh joyyy,keiran agard! no hope until a long ball from ivana,to dossevi 25 yards out,118th mnute ,top corner! i thank you!!!! :)....jack rodwell header,118th minute!! full time everton3-2swindon! gave it a good shot,this game sucks arse when it does that sort of thing though, was realistic the first time okay but the second i even set to drop deeper ,be more defensive etc etc etc etc etc !

oh well, it wouldnt have been as bad if i then i didnt see my fans are 'slightly concernd' about the result! hmmmmm okayy SI !! sort it out!! i hope they are talking about the pies or soemthing cus we shuldve had them!

overall,the fun factors back in fm!!!!! for now!! :)

3 games left of the season and i've dragged myself up to 11th/12th depending on the score in my current game (im 3-0 up at Boro in the first half). Still in with a shout of the magical top 10 if Villa and Blackburn stop winning and i keep going.

Already looking towards next season. Have the basis of a solid squad and gonna go all out next season to get a good few games in Europe and look to finish Top 7. Gonna hopefully get the budget for that as well.

Gonna farm out Yobo, Jenas, Maxi, Babel, Mouche, Fabbianni, Heskey, Obinna, maybe Turan and the disapointing Dembele to lower the wage bill. Gonna give RVDV a new contract to sort his wages out. Lukaku too to get rid of his min release clause and high earner clause too.

I figure i need a RB, Ball winning CM and an AML of real quality to mount a serious challenge. 10m on each should do me reet. Ideally i want Azpilicueta, Rodwell or M'Vila and Griezmann or just get Eriksen and play 2 advanced playmakers in midfield but we'll see. Got Cristieg coming in on a free so will see how good he is. Hoping to snap Bojan up on a free or Mario Gomez if they stop being dicks and let me offer them a contract.

Hoping the lineup will look like:

Gordon

Azpilicueta - Caceres - Muniesa - Insua

Eriksen/Rodwell - Badelj

Van Der Vaart - Griezmann

Vela - Lukaku

Subs:

Amelia

Hobbs/(Academy prospect Richard Coulson)

(Loanee defender)

Gibson/King

Cristieg/(Loanee winger)

Griffiths/(Loanee striker)

Bojan/Gomez

VDV won't last you much longer and Eriksen is one of the best midfield talents on the game, he's well worth it, though he won't score much. M'Vila is a beast as an anchor man, well worth your money.

I highly recommend Nicolas Lodeiro for the left wing, you'll need to train him up to play there (should be 'Competent' when you sign him.) He was, by far, the best player I had in my Leicester squad. I signed him (and Eriksen) for my first season in the Premiership and he was still my leading light (and captain) once I'd won the PL and CL with Babacar and the like in the side.

Also, once you hit the start of the third season, make sure you've got good scouts looking at every major region for regens.

My City attack / midfield, as last I touched it, looked something like:

Babacar

Lodeiro, Dzagoev, Bosnian Regen

Eriksen

M'Vila

And it was ridiculously potent. Can't remember my defence, I had Romero on a free in goal, Sahko at LB and an amazing Danish regen at CB with 18 speed / acceleration but I can't remember the other two. Dzagoev turns in to possibly the best midfielder in the game. I could have had him for about 6m early on but I passed him off and got Eriksen instead. When I saw what he naturally developed in to at CSKA, without any interference and top coaching, my jaw hit the floor. Cost me about 30m to buy him later on.

VDV won't last you much longer and Eriksen is one of the best midfield talents on the game, he's well worth it, though he won't score much. M'Vila is a beast as an anchor man, well worth your money.

I highly recommend Nicolas Lodeiro for the left wing, you'll need to train him up to play there (should be 'Competent' when you sign him.) He was, by far, the best player I had in my Leicester squad. I signed him (and Eriksen) for my first season in the Premiership and he was still my leading light (and captain) once I'd won the PL and CL with Babacar and the like in the side.

Also, once you hit the start of the third season, make sure you've got good scouts looking at every major region for regens.

My City attack / midfield, as last I touched it, looked something like:

Babacar

Lodeiro, Dzagoev, Bosnian Regen

Eriksen

M'Vila

And it was ridiculously potent. Can't remember my defence, I had Romero on a free in goal, Sahko at LB and an amazing Danish regen at CB with 18 speed / acceleration but I can't remember the other two. Dzagoev turns in to possibly the best midfielder in the game. I could have had him for about 6m early on but I passed him off and got Eriksen instead. When I saw what he naturally developed in to at CSKA, without any interference and top coaching, my jaw hit the floor. Cost me about 30m to buy him later on.

Ive searched for Lodiero about 5 times. Must have spelt it wrong or summat as i could never find him. Just found him in the Bayern squad and my AM reckons he dont fancy it.

Finished 11th in the end which im a bit pissed about. Everton won the prem which i though was random. Vela and Lukaku came 2nd and 3rd in Young Player of the Season. Griffiths 1 and only goal of the season got Goal of the Season and RVDV made it into team of the year. These plus a League Cup win and into Europe means it wasnt a bad season. Onwards to 2014!

What do you reckon is the best way to search for regens?

Archived