Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Ah you must have missed out on Lodeiro then. He's stayed at Ajax on every game I've played unless I've gotten him.

The best way is to scout, pure and simple. Get yourself as many scouts as possible with 16+ ability/potential and give them scouting missions to take one of the "zones" (East Europe, South Europe, Central Europe, etc) and as a filter "Person Age at most 19" and send them off and forget about them. For most of the year they'll come back with rubbish but every now and then there'll be a gem in the reports, particularly just after the big reload in the summer.

Ah you must have missed out on Lodeiro then. He's stayed at Ajax on every game I've played unless I've gotten him.

The best way is to scout, pure and simple. Get yourself as many scouts as possible with 16+ ability/potential and give them scouting missions to take one of the "zones" (East Europe, South Europe, Central Europe, etc) and as a filter "Person Age at most 19" and send them off and forget about them. For most of the year they'll come back with rubbish but every now and then there'll be a gem in the reports, particularly just after the big reload in the summer.

Similar to what ive been doing then. Thats alreet. Thought you had some special secret cheat tip or summat!

VDV won't last you much longer and Eriksen is one of the best midfield talents on the game, he's well worth it, though he won't score much. M'Vila is a beast as an anchor man, well worth your money.

I highly recommend Nicolas Lodeiro for the left wing, you'll need to train him up to play there (should be 'Competent' when you sign him.) He was, by far, the best player I had in my Leicester squad. I signed him (and Eriksen) for my first season in the Premiership and he was still my leading light (and captain) once I'd won the PL and CL with Babacar and the like in the side.

Also, once you hit the start of the third season, make sure you've got good scouts looking at every major region for regens.

My City attack / midfield, as last I touched it, looked something like:

Babacar

Lodeiro, Dzagoev, Bosnian Regen

Eriksen

M'Vila

And it was ridiculously potent. Can't remember my defence, I had Romero on a free in goal, Sahko at LB and an amazing Danish regen at CB with 18 speed / acceleration but I can't remember the other two. Dzagoev turns in to possibly the best midfielder in the game. I could have had him for about 6m early on but I passed him off and got Eriksen instead. When I saw what he naturally developed in to at CSKA, without any interference and top coaching, my jaw hit the floor. Cost me about 30m to buy him later on.

Signed Lodeiro on my free transfer set up great player

Football Manager Handheld 2011

Managing: Leicester City

Transfer Budget: £10.5 million (I have suggar daddy enabled)

Team:

Weale

Naughton Bamba Tunchev van Aanholt

Abe

Whittingham Tarrabt

King

Vassell Yakubu

Rest of squad: Logan, Ambrusics, Berner, Hobbs, Bruma, Vitor, Neilson, Lamey, Moreno, Wellens, Oakley, Gallagher, Moussa, Uchechi, Dyer, Waghorn, Austin, Howard,

Results

Friendly: Wycombe Wanders 0 - 5 Leicester City

Friendly: Bradford City 1- - 3 Leicester City

Championship: Hull City 0 - 1 Leicester City

Carling Cup(first round): Bradford City 0 - 4 Leicester City

Championship: Leicester City 3 - 1 Crystal Palace

Championship: Middlesbrough 0 - 1 Leicester City

Carling Cup(second round): Everton 1 - 2 Leicester City

Championship: Leicester City 2 - 0 Derby County

Football Manager Handheld 2011

Managing: Leicester City

Transfer Budget: £10.5 million (I have suggar daddy enabled)

Team:

Weale

Naughton Bamba Tunchev van Aanholt

Abe

Whittingham Tarrabt

King

Vassell Yakubu

Rest of squad: Logan, Ambrusics, Berner, Hobbs, Bruma, Vitor, Neilson, Lamey, Moreno, Wellens, Oakley, Gallagher, Moussa, Uchechi, Dyer, Waghorn, Austin, Howard,

Results

Friendly: Wycombe Wanders 0 - 5 Leicester City

Friendly: Bradford City 1- - 3 Leicester City

Championship: Hull City 0 - 1 Leicester City

Carling Cup(first round): Bradford City 0 - 4 Leicester City

Championship: Leicester City 3 - 1 Crystal Palace

Championship: Middlesbrough 0 - 1 Leicester City

Carling Cup(second round): Everton 1 - 2 Leicester City

Championship: Leicester City 2 - 0 Derby County

Carling Cup second round; Who better else to score on the 90th minute than Yakubu to send the tie to extra time. 94th minute Charlie Austin gets the winner to send Leicester into the third round.

Got Tranquillo Barnetta and Lassana Diarra in on loan. Happy with those.

Signed Griezmann for 16m and Areola for 6m to replace Amelia who went to Man City for first team football. Azpilicueta, Muniain and Bojan all rejected me.

Quality free signings - Gago, Busquets, Cristieg and Sulejmani but am now over run in midfield so have farmed out King and Gibson on loans.

New line up for season 4:

Gordon

Diarra - Caceres - Muniesa - Insua

Busquets - Badelj

Barnetta - Griezmann

Vela - Lukaku

Subs:

Areola

Hobbs

Montoya (ex Barca)

Gago

Van Der Vaart

Sulejmani

Dembele

Currently in 2018, just bought in Babacar. What a legend! Came second a couple of years back

Gordon

Santon

Situ

Smalling

Kolarov

Cobian (Argentine chap, don't know if he always turns up)

Cairney

Rodwell

Pedro

Babacar

Araujo

I've also nurtured a youth prospect called Steven Pell through, which is my proudest achievement. King and Fryatt still hanging around too.

(Argentine chap, don't know if he always turns up)

Check the 'history' tab of his profile. If his first season noted is since the game began then he's a regen. If it's before then not.

By 2018 all teenagers in the game should probably be regens. Would you mind screenshotting Araujo? I got him in about 2013 once but I had better options so I sold him, curious to see how he turns out.

Am in 2017/18 season and after long long years i finally seem to have found the right tactic in the prem! Taken longer than others but have been relatively new to FM but a spell in hospital with a broken back means i had nothing to do but play play and play some more!

Have signed a guy called Sergio Araujo from Inter on a free and he is banging them in! 38 goals in 32 games so far!

Have now climbed to third in Prem and on a 18 game unbeaten run!

Best signing has to be the Araujo chap and Sergio Canales on a free!! Now in need of a couple more star signings mainly central defender and central midfielder/right winger. Have got 11mil left........any ideas.

Current team

Bellehani??

Richards - Pike - Lusinga - Ros

Weiss - King - Traore

Canales

Araujo - Guarch

Couple of the guys (Weiss and Guarch) want to move to a bigger team and am struggling to keep them!

Check the 'history' tab of his profile. If his first season noted is since the game began then he's a regen. If it's before then not.

By 2018 all teenagers in the game should probably be regens. Would you mind screenshotting Araujo? I got him in about 2013 once but I had better options so I sold him, curious to see how he turns out.

Have signed a guy called Sergio Araujo from Inter on a free and he is banging them in! 38 goals in 32 games so far!

Glad to be of a little service.

It always has been, yeah.

Thought so. QPR want Moreno, Lamey and Neilson and offer stupid prices however its not like I need the money with suggar daddy enabled. I have all the Leicester players on this training program which is stupidly good however you do in strength in depth squad wise which I have if you look at the squad I posted.

Charlie Austin is proving a very good signing with my squad and how I play. His recond is something like played 9n, scored 8 and assisted 3.

Just knocked Manchester City out of the third round in the Carling Cup in extra time. Got Manchester United in the fourth round now.

Has anyone got any tips about how not to do shit with Leicester? Since FM11 dropped I've started about 2 or 3 LCFC games and done shit on all of them. The last one I started I only got 10 points from 10 games and got sacked

The lineup was:

Weale

Kyle Walker, Vitor, Hobbs, Berner/Van Aanholt

Gallagher, King/Wellens, Rutje*/Abe, Hammill

Chris Wood, Fryatt

Sometimes I tried 4-3-3 to similar effect. I pretty much left the tactics to default apart from setting Wood to target man and Fryatt to advanced forward. I also had Emmanuel-Thomas as a utility sub.

Has anyone got any general advice?

* Think his name was that or very similar. Basically a DM that was better than Yuki.

The Championship is all about scoring goals. I have never, ever been promoted from the Championship without a decent striker. That's not to say it isn't possible but relying on Chris Wood and Matty Fryatt isn't going to see you storm the league.

I've personally championed the cause of Simon Church up to this point and I do stand by him as an excellent striking option, though he is going to cost you a couple of million. If you only want to sign one striker, for value's sakes, make Leigh Griffiths your first target. You can pick him up from Dundee for about 350k and for that value he's probably the best goalscorer I've found to date (Matias Ezequiel Schelotto is ALWAYS available for free at the end of the first season and can be turned into an incredible striker.)

Next on the list of importance is an Anchor Man. Fortunately for you, Yuki Abe is brilliant in this role. Sit him in the DMC spot and assign him the anchor role and he'll do you absolute wonders.

Lastly, wingers. you can get Aliadiere and Olivier Kapo on frees at the start of the first season and they're both pretty good at AMR and AML respectively. If you want to splash some cash, go for someone like Eagles with a bit of pace instead of picking up Whitt from Cardiff like everyone else.

The Championship is all about scoring goals. I have never, ever been promoted from the Championship without a decent striker. That's not to say it isn't possible but relying on Chris Wood and Matty Fryatt isn't going to see you storm the league.

I've personally championed the cause of Simon Church up to this point and I do stand by him as an excellent striking option, though he is going to cost you a couple of million. If you only want to sign one striker, for value's sakes, make Leigh Griffiths your first target. You can pick him up from Dundee for about 350k and for that value he's probably the best goalscorer I've found to date (Matias Ezequiel Schelotto is ALWAYS available for free at the end of the first season and can be turned into an incredible striker.)

Next on the list of importance is an Anchor Man. Fortunately for you, Yuki Abe is brilliant in this role. Sit him in the DMC spot and assign him the anchor role and he'll do you absolute wonders.

Lastly, wingers. you can get Aliadiere and Olivier Kapo on frees at the start of the first season and they're both pretty good at AMR and AML respectively. If you want to splash some cash, go for someone like Eagles with a bit of pace instead of picking up Whitt from Cardiff like everyone else.

Strange you should say that, I've recently took Oxford to the prem in 4 seasons by playing a basic 442. My main striker in the championship was Luke Moore! I concentrated on getting the defence and midfield sorted out before thinking about strikers. I ended up having Luke Moore/John Guidetti in my first championship season, finishing 7th. Luke Moore/Steve Thomas (chelsea) in my second where I got promoted via playoffs. Currently in the top half of Prem with Youseff Adnane and Steve Thomas up front..

I'd love to play a formation with AML AMRs, but after tinkering in previous FM's and this one initially, I can rarely ever get them to work and if i do its only temporary..

There's a ridiculous over emphasis on the need for an anchor man in this version, if you drop one of those CMs you'll be fine. In fact, that formation with a DMC instead of a second CM is exactly what I used on my first Leicester game.

I'm now Tranmere and have done back to back promotions with similar but I have a DMC and AMC and no outright CM.

Archived