Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Who do you have as your Anchor Man Sosban? I got Vukojevic and he's got great stats but hardly ever gets above 6.9 ratings, is this normal for your anchor men?

He uses M'Vila if I remember correctly. And you shouldn't read too much into ratings.

I like the philosophy behind it. Does your team struggle against teams playing very deep (before you can acquire players of Babacar's quality? It sounds very much identical to the tactics I used last year, apart from the role your anchor man has.

My 'anchor man' is essentially a deep playmaker as he's nearly always in space against the formations that the AI teams play. My philosophy is to have a very flexible formation and in a sense keep the opposition 'guessing'. Sometimes I play Babacar as the target man in the middle three, sometimes its Bueno dropping deep as a trequartista. Against weaker opposition I press nearly all over, against stronger teams my players sit back and mostly restrict the oppo to long shots.

I had a problem breaking down overtly defensive teams early on, yeah, but that was using a different system. The formation I've used in my last few saves (the one linked earlier in this thread) generally seems to cut through anyone who sits back.

My wingers cut inside and often look for through balls and both forwards are constantly on the shoulder looking to break through the offside trap. This means that even when the computer has five or six people lined up across the eighteen yard line I've generally got someone to slip a ball through and someone to get on the end of it.

And, yes, I should clarify that when I say "Anchor Man" or "Target Man" or any other of the computer's pre-sets, I don't ever mean to say that I actually leave them with their default advanced instructions. Defensively my anchor man operates much as the pre-set does but I give him a lot more creative freedom on the ball, let him play much, MUCH longer passes and he ends up nicely spraying the ball back out to my (very wide) wingers a lot as opposed to just looking for a short ball.

Who do you have as your Anchor Man Sosban? I got Vukojevic and he's got great stats but hardly ever gets above 6.9 ratings, is this normal for your anchor men?

My current first choice at Tranmere is a regen (as are most of my Tranmere side now, and it's only 2013!!)

I like M'Vila, as shen says, he was my first choice at Leicester but I was very fortunate in that I got him at the end of the first season for 1.4m after I'd had promotion confirmed because he'd fallen out with his club.

Vukojevic is very good as well, though. I signed him on a free from Dynamo when his contract ran out and he was keeping M'Vila out of the side for a while.

Also, I'd like to back up what shen said - don't worry too much about the ratings, especially with an anchor man. I have very, very rarely seen my anchor man come in with anything higher than a 7.5. Unless you play your DMC as a playmaker, chances are he'll end up doing most of the unspectacular work that the computer doesn't really recognize.

I tried to get him but he never wants to join me! His agent always says that he isn't interested in contract talks.

Veloso, Gueïda Fofana, Kwadwo Asamoah, Daniel Kofi Agyei, etc ... so many excellent options out there :thumbup:

Got 33 million to spend and need a RB, LB and if possible a RAM. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks :) (4th season)

One of the best RB I've seen so far is Sebastien Corchia. He should be affordable and interested. Kaboré, Vrsajlko, Efrain Juarez, Bocaly and Aurier are a few other suggestions.

I've only really tried and tested one LB at high level and that's Lucas Digne. He's classed as a wonderkid now and is a man mountain who keeps improving in the right areas. I remember Sporting Gijon had a couple of left-backs )Canella and Jose Angel) which stood out and they seem very solid in this version also. Otherwise you have the usual suspects Coentrao, Santon (if he's interested), Martin Olsson and Diego Renan. I'll just throw in names like Tremoulinas and Armero in case.

I don't use RAMs so haven't scouted them particularly well. Aït Fana, Douglas Costa and Pedro Leon who's criminally under-used in the game by Real would be a few of my candidates.

One of the best RB I've seen so far is Sebastien Corchia. He should be affordable and interested. Kaboré, Vrsajlko, Efrain Juarez, Bocaly and Aurier are a few other suggestions.

I've only really tried and tested one LB at high level and that's Lucas Digne. He's classed as a wonderkid now and is a man mountain who keeps improving in the right areas. I remember Sporting Gijon had a couple of left-backs )Canella and Jose Angel) which stood out and they seem very solid in this version also. Otherwise you have the usual suspects Coentrao, Santon (if he's interested), Martin Olsson and Diego Renan. I'll just throw in names like Tremoulinas and Armero in case.

I don't use RAMs so haven't scouted them particularly well. Aït Fana, Douglas Costa and Pedro Leon who's criminally under-used in the game by Real would be a few of my candidates.

Cheers for the tips, Vrsajlko and Sebastien Corchia don't come up though.

Cheers for the tips, Vrsajlko and Sebastien Corchia don't come up though.

:sweating: That's because his name is typed Vrsaljko... bitch to spell!! Corchia starts at Le Mans in Ligue 2, so that might be why he doesn't show up (assuming you run with a small-ish database)

Alternatively, there's a rather obscure Belarusian called Ihar Shitov (brilliant name) who looks a very fine defensive fullback and fantastic value for money.

:sweating: That's because his name is typed Vrsaljko... bitch to spell!! Corchia starts at Le Mans in Ligue 2, so that might be why he doesn't show up (assuming you run with a small-ish database)

Alternatively, there's a rather obscure Belarusian called Ihar Shitov (brilliant name) who looks a very fine defensive fullback and fantastic value for money.

Nope doesn't appear and I have a large database, you %110 sure that's his name?

No I believe you, I just can't find him. (coming across as a **** here i do apologise)

NB: Not on my db, weird. Cheers for the Digne suggestion by the way. BEAST.

Not at all. I think there are 120k+ players in the database and unless you tick everything available, you won't see all of them. I believe the system works in a way that when you choose large database, there is only a set number of 'fringe' players picked randomly from the huge pool that actually appear in your game. It changes from game to game which players appear.

Could you post a screenie of Digne to compare with?

Won the treble in my fourth season, only missing out on the League Cup where Arsenal knocked me out on penos in the semi's. Result: 65m and 250k p/w extra transfer budget for the next season. Brought in Essien, Hulk, G. Burdisso and Areola for £45m + 10m worth of world class regens. Now I've agreed a deal with Hamsik for a meagre £20m, but I will far surpass my wage budget and it would ruin my plan of bringing in my young players gradually to replace the likes of RvdV. Delayed so I can mull it over for another week. Oh the luxurious dilemmas!!

Hello people, i was wondering if anyone knew about the FM challenge? I;ve just started it and im FC United, its pretty hard but i can say that the best signing so far for a BSN team is PAblo Counago, he is so awesome, so far im 8th in the league lol. Its soo hard.

Archived