Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

<Digne>

Thanks! Can you look how much first team football he's played up to that point?

I've had him since the Championship season where I loaned him for the second half of the season. Arranged a deal to buy him during the summer. He's been first choice ever since he came. His physical stats are almost identical in mine. Your Digne has marginally better 'top half' tech stats, mine slightly higher 'bottom half' ones. Mental stats is where the real difference is. Mine has much higher stats, presumably because he's played first team football every season and also played two seasons of UEFA Cup and CL football.

I'm taking a shen (I think) recommendation, Badelj best not be gash.

He's been on my radar, but I've never had him. I think it was Smuts who tried him out.

15867532.png

There you go shen (not 11.25 up front by the way 5 million over 24 months.)

Thanks again. Looks like he might've had some European football with FCK and Lille as well which would explain his decent development despite only around 1½ seasons' worth of football. Good to know he gets expensive quickly as well.

I didn't really cancel the transfer, he's obviously a good player. lol

I would have been midly offended if it was anyone else!

He's quality in fairness. I got him from Fulham for about 9m after they got relegated. Him, and Lukaku make the difference in my team. Was on a 6 games unbeaten streak with them both in the team but both were a bit tired so i dropped them to the bench against an out of form spurs and lost 4-2 after being 2-0 up.

My other star player is Antoine Griezmann who is a monster. Along with Tranquillo Barnetta who is the best loan signing ive ever made.

My front 6 are top quality and i should really be doing better. Busquets and Badelj in centre mid. Griezmann and Barnetta on the wings and Vela and Lukaku up front and im only 10th. Need to spend on my defence in January i think. Diarra at right back is quality and Muniesa/Caceres is fine as is Insua at LB.

Anyone reccomend a CB? I wont get Sakho, Breno doesnt wanna come, doubt id get someone like Fazio. Shen/Finners who've you got?

GET IN WAGGY!!!!! (Real life not FM)

I would have been midly offended if it was anyone else!

He's quality in fairness. I got him from Fulham for about 9m after they got relegated. Him, and Lukaku make the difference in my team. Was on a 6 games unbeaten streak with them both in the team but both were a bit tired so i dropped them to the bench against an out of form spurs and lost 4-2 after being 2-0 up.

My other star player is Antoine Griezmann who is a monster. Along with Tranquillo Barnetta who is the best loan signing ive ever made.

My front 6 are top quality and i should really be doing better. Busquets and Badelj in centre mid. Griezmann and Barnetta on the wings and Vela and Lukaku up front and im only 10th. Need to spend on my defence in January i think. Diarra at right back is quality and Muniesa/Caceres is fine as is Insua at LB.

Anyone reccomend a CB? I wont get Sakho, Breno doesnt wanna come, doubt id get someone like Fazio. Shen/Finners who've you got?

GET IN WAGGY!!!!! (Real life not FM)

Louise Redknapp in action! Tenth with that squad? :ph34r:

If you want a young(ish) CB, Ludovic Sané is accomplished and very very consistent!! Just acquired Guillermo Burdisso who's equally a very fine all-rounder. Sölvi Ottesen is a great cheap backup. Older guys like Bruno Alves are still fantastic, but I rarely splash huge amounts of money on centerbacks, so haven't tried any of the really big guns yet.

Coming to the end of my first season and 1st, 5 points clear with 7 games left, so should defo be promoted. Would have clinched it by now, but I took the League Cup seriously and ended up winning the thing, unbelievably! Got top premiership teams (Arsenal, Spurs, Everton) who played thier reserves, simple really.

Top Scorers (all comps)

Yakubu - 27

Waggy - 25

Bamba - 22

Alesandro Noselli - 17

Dyer - 9

Quite impressive, if i do say so my self :whistle: Bamba is an absolute beast from corners!

Any recommended signings for first premiership season? Oh, ill upload some screenshots in a bit if anyone wants.

Started a career as Fenerbahçe & got given a 4m budget.

First season (In's):

Kadlec - 1.2m

Vrjasko (Sp) - 800k

Atila Turan - 2.5m

No real notable players out that I can recall. Won the league by about 12 points and the Turkish Cup easily. Beat Galatasaray 4-1 and Besiktas 4-0 along the way. Niang upfront is an absolute beast. Got knocked out of the Europa League first round by Sampdoria on away goals.

Second season (In's):

David Luiz - 6.5m

Nuri Sahin - 16m

Zdravko Kuzmanovic - 3.6m

Lukaku - 1.1m

Iker Muniain - 700k

Tuncay - 3.2m

Martin Galvan 2.5m

Sold a few players, including Stoch and Dia for a combined 7m. Spent about 25m overall including sales which was my budget. CL group was Wolfsburg, Man Utd & Partizan. Lost to United twice, drew with Wolfsburg once and won once, then beat Partizan. Last game was Partizan away, needed a point to qualify for the knockout rounds and I lost 3-1. Lugano got sent off inside 10 mins :cry:

In about March currently and I've got Gervinho coming in at the end of the season on a free, but my finances are insecure :( Think players' agents have mugged me off, but one way or another it's not looking good. Thankfully I'm 16 points clear in the league, so I'll be getting the CL money again..

Even worse than the financial situation is that my Graphics Card decided to stop working, so I won't be able to go on FM 'til Tuesday.

I can only have 10 foreign players registered, and only 6 in the starting line-up. Causes no problems in fairness.

My current side is:

Demirel

Gonul

Luiz

Lugano

Turan (Not capped by France yet and has Turkish roots so he doesn't count as a foreign player, good stuff)

Kuzmanovic

Sahin

Emre

Galvan/Tuncay/Alex

Kadlec

Niang :wub:

Louise Redknapp in action! Tenth with that squad? :ph34r:

If you want a young(ish) CB, Ludovic Sané is accomplished and very very consistent!! Just acquired Guillermo Burdisso who's equally a very fine all-rounder. Sölvi Ottesen is a great cheap backup. Older guys like Bruno Alves are still fantastic, but I rarely splash huge amounts of money on centerbacks, so haven't tried any of the really big guns yet.

Im ridiculously inconsistent. Its always been my problem. Ill go on a mad win streak of 6 or 7 games then lose for the same amount. I never draw unless i have a season where i draw 20 of my games. Im a ridiculous manager.

Qualified for the Europa League in 2014 (had a bad last 5 games)

This is my team for the next season:

Ruffier

Vrsaljko - Kompany - Onuoha - Kolarov

Weiss - Vukojevic - Bernardo - Kranjcar

Djuric - Guidetti

Can anyone recommend me a left winger and centre back to get (got taken over so have about £50/70 million)?

Qualified for the Europa League in 2014 (had a bad last 5 games)

This is my team for the next season:

Ruffier

Vrsaljko - Kompany - Onuoha - Kolarov

Weiss - Vukojevic - Bernardo - Kranjcar

Djuric - Guidetti

Can anyone recommend me a left winger and centre back to get (got taken over so have about £50/70 million)?

Who are you playing as? Man City reserves?

Archived