Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Started a new game with Scotland after my comp imploded :cry: and consequently been repaired. Started pretty well:

Lithuania 0-1 Scotland

Scotland 3-1 Lichtenstein

Czech Republic 0-1 Scotland

Scotland 1-2 Spain

Found that the 4-1-2-1-2 formation works well with the current staff.

Started a new game with Scotland after my comp imploded :cry: and consequently been repaired. Started pretty well:

Lithuania 0-1 Scotland

Scotland 1-2 Spain

Scotland? Are you a masochist?

Lithuania 0-1 Scotland

Scotland 1-2 Spain

good idea.

I've got my Leicester Fosse team promoted. Get Mbesuma for £45k. Bargain in league 2. Trundle has done a job too. Slight problem that none o

I've got my Leicester Fosse team promoted. Get Mbesuma for £45k. Bargain in league 2. Trundle has done a job too. Slight problem that none of my loanees wish to sign for me. Looks like Phelan kept Leicester City up, so I won't be igniting the newest rivalry.

I don't get how people find good re-gens. Is there a secret way to look for them or something.

Any good DM reccomendations I was playing Lampard there last season but he retired and I'm completely stuck (4th season with 26 million to spend. M'Vila doesn't want to come)

Oh and CYPRUS got to the World Cup final :crylaugh:

I don't get how people find good re-gens. Is there a secret way to look for them or something.

Any good DM reccomendations I was playing Lampard there last season but he retired and I'm completely stuck (4th season with 26 million to spend. M'Vila doesn't want to come)

Get a few good scouts and assign the to major countries right around the summer break, like Finners said. If you have many scouts, assign them to some countries like Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Slovenia, Slovakia, Czech Republic etc.

And I agree that scouting youth internationals is usually also rewarding. How come you can't find a decent DM? I find they're quite abundant, especially if you have 26 million available.

Please please please can someone tell me how to add player faces onto the game!!!

I've had a look on google and there are guides for 2009 and 2010 but not 2011?

I have thought about downloading a massive face pack but why when i only want faces on the 11 in my first team!

And I agree that scouting youth internationals is usually also rewarding. How come you can't find a decent DM? I find they're quite abundant, especially if you have 26 million available.

Found a good Brazilian re-gen. 5 star abiility so going for him, cheers for the help everyone.

EDIT: or not 47 million!?

Please please please can someone tell me how to add player faces onto the game!!!

I have thought about downloading a massive face pack but why when i only want faces on the 11 in my first team!

You can't have just your starting XI's faces shown. Well technically you can if you start with the same XI every game and only have those faces loaded. I'm pretty sure you can find English League/Leicester City face packs on sortitoutsi along with all the other ones

I do what others have said, I scout and Look through National youth set ups as well as the academies of the big clubs/clubs with good youth systems.

I don't know how many others do it/whether it's a cheap way of doing it but I go on player search and search for max age of 16. I then hit view, <attacking stats for attacking players, defensive stats for defenders etc>.

Sort the list by value then scroll through. There'll be hundreds there but in only takes a few minutes and I find it easy to pick out a generally good player when scrolling at speed because their whole line of stats will include lots of double figures/be in a seperate colour. Can you understand all that :S

There are plenty of guides out there. You can DIY it for your players, takes a bit of effort but only a few mins for each player. It includes finding an image on google images, resizing it to 150x150 pixels(ish), saving it with the player's correct 'unique ID' which you can choose to select on the FM options menu.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f63/how-do-you-make-facepacks-t8526.html

That's a guide and has a few questions answered as well. You need to know what you're doing a bit but it's fairly straight forward. All you need to do once you've made this config file is get all the images of your players from google, resize, rename and then edit the config file.

Good luck!

I don't know how many others do it/whether it's a cheap way of doing it but I go on player search and search for max age of 16. I then hit view, <attacking stats for attacking players, defensive stats for defenders etc>.

That is a way of doing it too. There are a couple of weaknesses with that though. First is that many regens are older than 16 when they first appear. Sometimes they've even got a fantastic CA from the start, so looking for max 16 y/o is going to eliminate the chance of finding that one gem that is already good enough for first team footie and doesn't need years of development. The other problem is attribute masking (if you have that checked in the options) and the scouting knowledge/range. Third is that you'd probably have to check all three types of stats (mental, technical and physical) when sifting through, although I guess most talented regens have double digit stats in every one of them.

Oh Andy King you beautiful man, hat-trick to beat Genoa 3-2 away and won 5-2 on aggregate, have it.

He is really good and an important squad player IMO. He just scored another crucial and clinical goal away to Man U in my game. Cheers me up every time :P

That is a way of doing it too. There are a couple of weaknesses with that though. First is that many regens are older than 16 when they first appear. Sometimes they've even got a fantastic CA from the start, so looking for max 16 y/o is going to eliminate the chance of finding that one gem that is already good enough for first team footie and doesn't need years of development. The other problem is attribute masking (if you have that checked in the options) and the scouting knowledge/range. Third is that you'd probably have to check all three types of stats (mental, technical and physical) when sifting through, although I guess most talented regens have double digit stats in every one of them.

Personally I play long game, FM2011 hasn't done much for me tbh but I'm in 2028(ish) on FM2010.

Attribute masking, forgot about that, I had it unticked on my main game(s) which I suppose is cheating a bit, feel a bit worse for it now you baaarstard :P

About the age thing, I am good at developing youth (I think, about half of those I sign go on to play first team, quite a few worth £30m + by the time they're 23/24 so I'm just going on my own experience. I look for their primary stats (eg. Attacking) then have a look at the player if they're any good, sometimes they just had a few good stats and it was coincidence, sometimes they're a gem.

80% of my young signings will be 16 (and a young 16 usually) and depending on how good they are I will try and blood them into the first team before they are 18. Usually 6 months in the U18's, if they're tearing it I'll have them move to the reserves and bench them for home games and start them in cup games. By the time they are 17 they should be starting home games against weak teams.

I'll try and get a few pics from my 2010 game as examples.

These are just a few that sum up how I play. 17 out of 25 of my first team squad were brought in for under 4m. Usually when they were 16/17. I still prefer buying young as you get the most years out of players, even if you have to pay a bit for them. It's also a good way of making money, like a factory :P Buy 'em in for 3m when they're 16, develop them and sell them on for 10-25m a few years down the line.

9i8uas.jpg

8wy0s1.jpg

Signed him for 4.9m at 17 and sold him to Real for 75m when he was 28 and 'wanted a new challenge'.

s3q74i.jpg

2zspjzp.jpg

Spanish winger who came in for 3m at 16 (tribunal I think) and is now worth 35m and has 60 caps and 15 goals for Spain

2d8f91h.jpg

28810e9.jpg

English centre back signed from Fulham for 2.5m at 16, now worth 20m, capped 50 times for England and Captain.

While i'm at it, one of the best strikers I've ever had play for me, signed him for 16m from Real when he was 17, shortly after he'd turned pro. 63 goals in 74 games for Italy, 6'2" and his physicals are awesome. Scored 12 in 14 in his first season aged 18 and has gone on to get 250 goals and 108 assists in 317 games, averaging 7.75.

2nt3jk.jpg

ivehpe.jpg

I don't care what people say, away games are ridiculously harder than home games on this. I don't change my tactics - I get beat, I change my tactics - I get beat. There's no reasoning with it.

Championship with Leicester btw.

I've found that it helps, when I play the same tactic, to just use the quick instructions during the match and 'play narrower', 'stand-off' and/or 'drop deeper' depending on how you see your team coping. Usually standing off away against superior team is not a bad idea, since they will tear your team to shreds if your players close them down at the cost of team shape.

Attribute masking, forgot about that, I had it unticked on my main game(s)

CHEATER :ph34r::P

These are just a few that sum up how I play. 17 out of 25 of my first team squad were brought in for under 4m. Usually when they were 16/17. I still prefer buying young as you get the most years out of players, even if you have to pay a bit for them. It's also a good way of making money, like a factory :P Buy 'em in for 3m when they're 16, develop them and sell them on for 10-25m a few years down the line.

I like to use that philosophy as well. My point about age was that setting a max of 16 y/o on your search immediately discards 'old' regens that pop into the game as 19 y/o. They typically get spotted ridiculously early by big clubs after spawning, so you have to be quick to get them on the cheap. 'Old' regens with high PA are necessarily already highly developed from the start, which in my view makes them the best type of regen. You get them very cheap, on low wages and long contracts, and they are ready for first team footie from the day they arrive :thumbup:

Some fine regens that, although that Spanish winger isn't that productive considering his stats.

A bit of feedback on Hulk: After a slow start, he's really picked it up. My only concern is that he seems to play best in the central role I usually play Babacar in. Might have to switch the latter to the left side when he returns from injury. Here are a couple of audacious goals by Hulk plus a goal from the evergreen King.

Archived