Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Bannan's quality, play him on the left. He's in my Scotland team when he's fit.

can't make the team much on mine (although he ran the show after coming on for his debut v england).

my usual line-up is:

Gordon

Neilson ----- McManus ----- Berra ----- Mulgrew

Dorrans ----- McArthur

Morrison ------------------------------------- McFadden

Boyd ------ Griffiths

Neilson only made the squad due to hutton suffering a broken leg but he's played really well so far

can't make the team much on mine (although he ran the show after coming on for his debut v england).

my usual line-up is:

Gordon

Neilson ----- McManus ----- Berra ----- Mulgrew

Dorrans ----- McArthur

Morrison ------------------------------------- McFadden

Boyd ------ Griffiths

Neilson only made the squad due to hutton suffering a broken leg but he's played really well so far

Do you not play Fletcher at all then? I play Wallace over Mulgrew, Wilson and Weir over Berra and not really got a set midfield and Attack trying to find out a perfect solution. does the 4-2-2-2 work as Scotlan then?

How the hell did you get Micah Richards for 1.4M?!

Think I need some serious business lessons on this.

Man City offered him that summer for 1.7 so I offered slightly less and voila. Had an unconvincing first season, but is first choice now.

Do you not play Fletcher at all then? I play Wallace over Mulgrew, Wilson and Weir over Berra and not really got a set midfield and Attack trying to find out a perfect solution. does the 4-2-2-2 work as Scotlan then?

i did for a while but he got pulled out of a friendly so i gave mcarthur a go and he played very well so he's kept his spot. I select on form for my team rather than reputation and form for club team (although i do use form from club team when drafting in new players who haven't played before), that's how neilson and mcarthur have stayed in the team despite hutton and fletcher being slightly better in terms of attributes.

Also i've forced steven fletcher into international retirement.

as for whether it works, My results so far are:

i've only lost 1 match v sweden:, i won all the nations cup games and beat england at hampden, drew with spain and won the rest of my qualifying games so i'd reckon it does work.

i did for a while but he got pulled out of a friendly so i gave mcarthur a go and he played very well so he's kept his spot. I select on form for my team rather than reputation and form for club team (although i do use form from club team when drafting in new players who haven't played before), that's how neilson and mcarthur have stayed in the team despite hutton and fletcher being slightly better in terms of attributes.

Also i've forced steven fletcher into international retirement.

as for whether it works, My results so far are:

i've only lost 1 match v sweden:, i won all the nations cup games and beat england at hampden, drew with spain and won the rest of my qualifying games so i'd reckon it does work.

Cheers Ican't work out a formation so I may give that a go.

Since i last posted ive gone on an immense unbeaten run and im now up to 4th and everyone has finally shut up about me underachieving. In March now and haven't lost in the prem since November and won 10 games in that time. Only 2 games i lost were to Arsenal in the 5th round of the FA Cup and Man City in the Qtr Final of the League Cup. Into the 2nd round of the EURO Cup as well after beating Lyon and have drawn the away leg against PSV 1-1 too.

Sold Dembele cos he was being a dick. King's off to Olympiakos at the end of the season. Cristieg and Montoya went cos they werent getting any playing time all for a combined 9m. With injuries my squad is becoming the smallest ever. Brought in Ben Khalifa though who is smashing it alongside Lukaku in a £35m ultimate strikeforce. So far my 3 15m plus signings have done me reet in Griezmann, Lukaku and Ben Khalifa. All my energy will be on signing Mamadou Sakho at the end of the season.

Have a look at Otamendi. Apart from lacking a bit of jumping, he's about as good as Chiellini.

Was on my list to have a look at including Breno, Belaid, Fazio, Howedes and Sidnei. Also Garay's contract is running out so fingers crossed Real don't offer him a new one then i can snap him up on a free.

Finished the 4th season in 4th. My best ever premier league finish i think. Well chuffed with that. Champions league and everything. Only 3 points off second and 6 off first in the end. A better start to go with my unbelievable 17 game unbeaten streak would have seen me champions. A few key signings mostly at the back for next season and ill have the title i think.

Alright chaps, I'm currently pissing around with the editor and updating players in the Championship who I think are a bit undervalued, and sometimes even overvalued (Is that even a word) in certain areas.

Was wondering if you had noticed any players during your time playing in the Championship, or any other leagues for that matter which needed a quick tweak because I'd be happy to sort it out for you and upload it in a few days when it's all been done.

So far I've done most of the Leicester players (who need doing, I'm not editting for editting's sake and SI seem to have got most of our players spot on tbf) so thats Waghorn, van Aanholt, Vassell and Gallagher plus a little tweak here and there on a few others, Yuki Abe pace a 7 anyone :rolleyes:?

So yeah, if you've got any players in mind just let me know, along with which attribute you think need changing and I'll sort it out for you.

:thumbup:

Yuki Abe's pace and acceleration of 7 are just bemusing, heh. I felt Lloyd Dyer's speed was slightly underestimated as well, to be fair.

Not sure we can argue much with Waghorn, though, I think they got him about right - he is pretty average to be fair, Gallagher too.

I think Bellers has been shockingly underrated on just about every FM for the last four years. He isn't the best natural finisher but all of his skills are dreadful and they've not even made him especially quick. I appreciate I have some natural bias but still, he's ridiculously underrated on there.

Yuki Abe's pace and acceleration of 7 are just bemusing, heh. I felt Lloyd Dyer's speed was slightly underestimated as well, to be fair.

Not sure we can argue much with Waghorn, though, I think they got him about right - he is pretty average to be fair, Gallagher too.

I think Bellers has been shockingly underrated on just about every FM for the last four years. He isn't the best natural finisher but all of his skills are dreadful and they've not even made him especially quick. I appreciate I have some natural bias but still, he's ridiculously underrated on there.

I wouldn't say Dyer is underestimated tbh, seems pretty fair whereas Naughton was a bit slow when I looked at him, plus his dribbling was a bit low for my liking too.

As for Waghorn, his balance was a bit low and I upped his strength a notch if I remember correctly. Gallagher I just made his crossing and corners a bit better, I think I upped his free kicks too. When I say that I mean by like 1, I like to think I have a decent grasp on what's reaslistic so havn't made them stupidly good or anything.

I don't get to see a lot of Championship players unless they come to the Walkers so I don't really know who should be changed, I've made a few of the top scorers/assisters better in the finishing/passing departments, again not monumental amounts, but enough for them to be relitively competitive if they were in the Premier League.

That's one thing that annoys me most, you do all the hard work getting out of the Championship and then in the Prem you literally cannot compete with the same team, you have to do lots and lots of rebuilding. IRL you'd have to do it with relitively the same side you went up with and a lot of the time teams do alright. Stoke/Wolves/West Brom/Blackpool etc.

Edit: In what areas would you say Bellamy (that's who you're referring to right?) needs improving in? His finishing/composure/dribbling are only 12 and his creativity is only 11 so I think I'll bump them up a little, his influence is 8 which seems strange to me though, he's always struck me as someone loud and authoritive, even if it's not always in the right manner.

Last Monday I had said that we were hopeful of a release for the patch this week (week of 28th Feb).

Whilst that is still possible, it's now looking very unlikely. We have been chasing a rare and seemingly random crash issue for the last week (memory corruption) that we are struggling to reproduce due to it's randomness, and when it is crashing, it's giving us limited information in tracking it down. We have made progress in narrowing down what is causing it, and working round the clock on this, but tests and test code are still ongoing despite working on it 24/7.

I would therefore suggest that the patch and data update will likely be released next week (week of 8th March), which still fits into the original timeline given if near the start of the week!

I will provide more information once we have more.

i play alot of footie sims, pc and psp, and even had a go at the mobile versions lol

I must admit i do like the football manager games but i also love the depth and just cheer data-style game play of championship manager, 09/10 were the best

I just wish they would stop bringing out footie sims each year if all they are doing is updating the transfers etc. I want to feel like im playing a new game for the year not something that just feels like it did 10 years ago lol

Why dont they just do a paid for new seasons transfer etc?

[PS im actually playing CM-07 on my psp and FM09 on my PC]

i play alot of footie sims, pc and psp, and even had a go at the mobile versions lol

I must admit i do like the football manager games but i also love the depth and just cheer data-style game play of championship manager, 09/10 were the best

I just wish they would stop bringing out footie sims each year if all they are doing is updating the transfers etc. I want to feel like im playing a new game for the year not something that just feels like it did 10 years ago lol

Why dont they just do a paid for new seasons transfer etc?

[PS im actually playing CM-07 on my psp and FM09 on my PC]

Have tried Football Manager Handheld on PSP or iPhone? Best of both worlds.

Archived