Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

i play alot of footie sims, pc and psp, and even had a go at the mobile versions lol

I must admit i do like the football manager games but i also love the depth and just cheer data-style game play of championship manager, 09/10 were the best

I just wish they would stop bringing out footie sims each year if all they are doing is updating the transfers etc. I want to feel like im playing a new game for the year not something that just feels like it did 10 years ago lol

Why dont they just do a paid for new seasons transfer etc?

[PS im actually playing CM-07 on my psp and FM09 on my PC]

Well if you play FM 2011 and CM00/11 I would hope you see a world of difference. Because one is release every year, the changes are obviously more incremental and thus not as noticeable.

Think i've done well in the transfer market again this year ready for the push for the 2015 prem title. Got Mamadou Sakho for 20m. Monsterous signing. Picked up Xherdan Shaqiri for under 4m as well (which the board arent happy with for some reason). Esteban Granero on loan for the year to further boost the midfield now RVDV left on a free (wouldnt pay his wages). Offered for Fabio and Dejan Lovren on loan and Garay on a free too to help out at the back where i was short last season.

Caceras has been good for me. That back four looks pretty good, I had Sahko on my Leicester game - he was solid.

Granero's a bit of a weak link, though. Think he's sort of underrated on this game.

Yeah thought he was better than he was. Shaqiri too. Im a bit light on the right wing now. Shame i couldn't get Barnetta back.

Just got Leicester into Prem first time of asking. Current squad;

Smithies

Yakuba Bamba Hobbs Van Aanholt

King O'Brien Wellens

Epalle

Griffiths Waghorn

In the prem now, and thinking i'm gonna get smashed every week with that squad. I've been given about £15m - but my wage bill is stupendously high so i have to take it down to get the balance between wages, and transfer fees so it ends up about £11m.

I pretty much need a right back, 2/3 forwards and a midfielder or two...any ideas?

Just won the Champions League 2 years running with Leicester, still can't win the bloody league though!

:blink: Bloody hell.

I'm in my third season in rhe Prem, sitting in 5th and also in the final of the Coca-Cola Cup -- beat Chelsea in the semi final 5-4.

Lacina Troare is magical.

:blink: Bloody hell.

I'm in my third season in rhe Prem, sitting in 5th and also in the final of the Coca-Cola Cup -- beat Chelsea in the semi final 5-4.

Lacina Troare is magical.

My success was mainly down to scouting South America for young talent.

Brought in a couple of regens when I was in my 2nd season in the Championship and they are now world class.

I also added Top as a sugar daddy, which you may say is cheating but it's only what will happen in the patch 3 data ;)

My success was mainly down to scouting South America for young talent.

Brought in a couple of regens when I was in my 2nd season in the Championship and they are now world class.

I also added Top as a sugar daddy, which you may say is cheating but it's only what will happen in the patch 3 data ;)

does that mean we'd have a bigger transfer budget than before on the new patch?

does that mean we'd have a bigger transfer budget than before on the new patch?

Probably the same to start of with, however currently the board don't really invest from the 2nd season onwards.

I argued with the Research team here that, promotion or no promotion, the owners will invest money until they achieve their goal of making Leicester a product in Asia.

So, in patch 3 the board should invest money into the club more often.

Probably the same to start of with, however currently the board don't really invest from the 2nd season onwards.

I argued with the Research team here that, promotion or no promotion, the owners will invest money until they achieve their goal of making Leicester a product in Asia.

So, in patch 3 the board should invest money into the club more often.

Any news on when the patch is being released Ricey?

I have decided this game is a bit of a joke. I'm getting schooled by Ipswich ffs, my team is easily the best in the league and the usually flawless 4-4-2 doesn't work anymore either. This game's going to send me to an asylum I swear.

Edit: How come every team I play passes it around like Barcelona and score goals which Messi would be proud of? All my goals (rare as they are, even with ****ing Yakubu up front) are well crap compared to theirs, it's not fair FT, it's just not fair. :(

I have decided this game is a bit of a joke. I'm getting schooled by Ipswich ffs, my team is easily the best in the league and the usually flawless 4-4-2 doesn't work anymore either. This game's going to send me to an asylum I swear.

lol

you really are a terrible manager.

lol

you really are a terrible manager.

I must be missing something really subtle because it's just not working for me. When it first came out it was fine, I got to the Prem easily and had a decent game with Leicester, stupidly I went to AC Milan and got bored. Now with 11.2 something seems to have changed because I play like shit all the time now, my mate who's an avid FM fan (or should I say used to be) has the same problem with it too.

I've put it back in it's box, don't let me start a new game ever again FT.

Archived