Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

I must be missing something really subtle because it's just not working for me. When it first came out it was fine, I got to the Prem easily and had a decent game with Leicester, stupidly I went to AC Milan and got bored. Now with 11.2 something seems to have changed because I play like shit all the time now, my mate who's an avid FM fan (or should I say used to be) has the same problem with it too.

I've put it back in it's box, don't let me start a new game ever again FT.

g'won, start again.

all my tactics and set-ups from the start still work - maybe your decent start was pure luck?

Got Scotland upto 22nd in the world took the Arsenal job as well, signed Sanogo, Eriksen, Babacar and Lukaku. Going well with both Scotland and Arsenal :D

Bit of a contrast I am Scotland and Tranmere manager, doing pretty well though. Except for a poor four nations cup, which was completely baffling I have picked up good results elsewhere.

Into the final of the League Cup, which means I'm about to do something I believe I've never done in CM/FM: If I win it (which would be the first time in this game), I will be the reigning/defending champion of the Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League, Club World Championship, European Super Cup, League Cup and even the Community Shield. Now I'm just slightly annoyed that I didn't win the UEFA Cup that one season I was in it. I'm sorry you'll never try that Ozwin :P

Oh and I tried something last week that I'd never seen before. I scored a goal which was ruled out for offside and it showed the 'goal' in replay straight after with lines showing up FIFA-style showing Grifftihs being offside. Haven't seen it since either. Anyone else tried that?

Got Scotland upto 22nd in the world took the Arsenal job as well, signed Sanogo, Eriksen, Babacar and Lukaku. Going well with both Scotland and Arsenal :D

16th in the world and rising, not even completed the euro 2012 qualifying campaign yet - winner takes all at spain next, both on 19 points.

You just mean the offside lines? They come up for me for every offside related replay. :unsure:

They don't for me. I guess it's because I only have goal replays and not key replays then?

liamlcfc1 - just loaded up your database and sorry to say it's full of errors:

You've spelt kaamark wrong, it's not kamark (unless the first a has a circle over it)

Kaamark is swedish not norwiegian

Matt Elliot was a defender not a midfielder

Matt Elliot wasn't that good on the ball (finishing, first touch, free kicks and long shots are too high)

Guppy was a winger not a defender

Guppy's crossing was better than a 14.

Frank Sinclair's corners, dribbling, finishing. first touch, long shots and free kicks weren't that good

Taggarts free kicks and flair ratings are too high

Savage wasn't that good a finisher

gunnlaugsson's long shots are under-rated.

Into the final of the League Cup, which means I'm about to do something I believe I've never done in CM/FM: If I win it (which would be the first time in this game), I will be the reigning/defending champion of the Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League, Club World Championship, European Super Cup, League Cup and even the Community Shield. Now I'm just slightly annoyed that I didn't win the UEFA Cup that one season I was in it.

Mission accomplished! :cool:

You've spelt kaamark wrong, it's not kamark (unless the first a has a circle over it)

*pedantic alert* Kaamark is an accepted way of spelling å. In older days the å-letter (very similar to the 'uh' sound in 'uh-oh') was spelled aa and you'll notice that towns like Aalborg and Aarhus in Denmark are spelled that way even today. I'm 99% sure it's the same for the Swedes.

Just finished my second season the Premier League, this was the 2013/2014 season:

League Table

302ubfr.jpg

Squad

First Eleven:

GK - Scott Carson

DR - Roman Eremenko

DC - Vincent Kompany

DC - Chris Smalling

DL - Joe Mattock

DM - Sulley Muntari

MC - Mats Rits

MC - Andy King

AMR - Danny

AML - Pablo Piatti

ST - Dieumerci Mbokani

Substitutions:

1. Frank Fielding

2. Dodo

3. Jack Hobbs

4. Stephen Kelly

5. Andres Guardado

6. Miralem Sulejmani

7. Didier Drogba

Remaning Squad:

Alan Smith

David Beckham

Matty Taylor

Seamus Coleman

Adama Soumaoro

Aleksandar Tunchev

Olivier Giroud

Craig Johnson

Jamie O'Hara

Michael Morrison

Alessandro Diamanti

*pedantic alert* Kaamark is an accepted way of spelling å. In older days the å-letter (very similar to the 'uh' sound in 'uh-oh') was spelled aa and you'll notice that towns like Aalborg and Aarhus in Denmark are spelled that way even today. I'm 99% sure it's the same for the Swedes.

that was my point - in the game he's spelt it as kamark when it should be kaamark or kåmark.

Having 6 world class players in my starting 11 is probably the best team ive ever assembled.

Sakho in a monster. My central 2 of Busquets and Badelj is the best in the league. As is my strikeforce of Ben Khalifa and Lukaku. Antoine Griezmann is my best ever signing. UNBELIEVABLE JEFF!

Added to that is Areola in goal and the solid Garay/Caceres/Muniesa/Insua at the back. Valbuena is doing a job at right wing for me as well and Bosingwa/Boateng are at right back too.

Spending all of my budget on one player a season plus kids is slow progress but seems to be working.

Having 6 world class players in my starting 11 is probably the best team ive ever assembled.

Sakho in a monster. My central 2 of Busquets and Badelj is the best in the league. As is my strikeforce of Ben Khalifa and Lukaku. Antoine Griezmann is my best ever signing. UNBELIEVABLE JEFF!

Added to that is Areola in goal and the solid Garay/Caceres/Muniesa/Insua at the back. Valbuena is doing a job at right wing for me as well and Bosingwa/Boateng are at right back too.

Spending all of my budget on one player a season plus kids is slow progress but seems to be working.

He really is, thanks for that recommendation. Chygrynskiy is also doing the business for me, awesome partnership!

I can't believe no one else has tried Bernardo yet though, he's a monster! gets loads of assists and produces some wonder goals out of no where.

liamlcfc1 - just loaded up your database and sorry to say it's full of errors:

Matt Elliot was a defender not a midfielder

Matt Elliot wasn't that good on the ball (finishing, first touch, free kicks and long shots are too high)

Guppy was a winger not a defender

Guppy's crossing was better than a 14.

Frank Sinclair's corners, dribbling, finishing. first touch, long shots and free kicks weren't that good

Taggarts free kicks and flair ratings are too high

Savage wasn't that good a finisher

gunnlaugsson's long shots are under-rated.

i did say it wasnt 100% right i just had a quick go if you change them upload the db file please

Someone upload a tactic that works so I can compare it to what I'm doing and see where I'm going wrong. I think I've got into a bad habbit of trying to play Arsenal football with crap teams which doesn't seem to be working, saying that Leicester have some good passers so I'd assume it'd work for them. Alas it doesn't but still, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Someone upload a tactic that works so I can compare it to what I'm doing and see where I'm going wrong. I think I've got into a bad habbit of trying to play Arsenal football with crap teams which doesn't seem to be working, saying that Leicester have some good passers so I'd assume it'd work for them. Alas it doesn't but still, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Seeing as youre playing 442 atm adjust it slightly to the one im using. Simple and its working a charm.

Defence as is

2 CM's - 1 as a ball winning midfielder (support) and one as an advanced playmaker (attack)

2 wingers - both as inside fowards (attack)

1 poacher

1 target man (support)

Also Balotelli for 2.5m. Right wing sorted,

that was my point - in the game he's spelt it as kamark when it should be kaamark or kåmark.

Ah of course, my bad :facepalm::thumbup:

A 4-4-2 with advanced wingers should work just fine. Balanced or Control mentality maybe with a slightly deeper defensive line as your centerbacks are relatively slow. Use two different striker types upfront and assign different roles to your center mids. Mixed/direct footie is usually best for Leicester especially in the first season.

What about the full backs, how do you set those up? Ideally I'd like Naughton and van Aanholt bombing forward but I don't think I'm going to be able to have that whilst being safe at the back am I?

Also what about width, temp, focus passing and all that lark?

Here's what I've got atm:

teamins.png

Wanted to create the 97/.98 team had ago dont count King and Vitor

fanatsylcfc.jpg

Tell me what you think

Elliot position needs changing obv, Guppy less versatile, just have him on the left D(L)/AM(L) probably and perhaps Lennon with DM© instead of AM. Muzzy AM© option as well.

Good efffort if all they're stats are personalised as well :appl:

EDIT: Didn't read recent posts, thought you were doing it really seriously, no worries.

That's not Arsenal football, Ozwin, lol.

You either want to be faster and more attacking with your direct passing or you want to play possession football which means playing short balls.

I've actually got an Arsenal tactic that I downloaded off fmbase purely just to see what they'd done; I don't actually like how it plays, it's a little too patient for my liking, but it's amazing the detail they've gone in to. For a start, not a single player has the "run with ball" slider above minimum so that every single player's first instinct is to pass, even the striker. It's a wee bit odd to watch.

That's not Arsenal football, Ozwin, lol.

You either want to be faster and more attacking with your direct passing or you want to play possession football which means playing short balls.

I've actually got an Arsenal tactic that I downloaded off fmbase purely just to see what they'd done; I don't actually like how it plays, it's a little too patient for my liking, but it's amazing the detail they've gone in to. For a start, not a single player has the "run with ball" slider above minimum so that every single player's first instinct is to pass, even the striker. It's a wee bit odd to watch.

Oh I know, that's what I have now I've changed it all. Seems to be working as well. Usually I go for quick short passing with a high line and a bit of creative freedom thrown in but it never seems to work in the Championship, I think I give the Leicester side too much credit on it.

Archived