Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

To be honest, it's not hard to pick up players with a good work ethic.

There are very few otherwise-good players in the game with like work rate below 11 and a few of them (C. Ron, Pastore, etc) are obviously good enough regardless.

But someone like Huntelaar who has other obvious flaws as well? Heh. No thanks.

I signed a winger (Mehdi Carcela) with 6 for work rate, he's going to be shite I just know it.

So far I've signed Ognjen Vukojevic who looks absolutely brilliant and I've got this amazing looking defender lined up called Dzmitry Verkhovtsov.

I need a left back but Prem standard cheap ones seem rare as ****.

I have to say, if you still have Michael Lamey, I found him to be surprisingly effective in the Prem. In my first season with Leicester I didn't sign any defenders at all (except bringing Coleman back on loan) and my back four was surprisingly effective. I threw all my money at signing an insanely good midfield.

PS: Vukojevic is very tidy.

I've basically thrown all my money at my defence, had to replace Danny Simpson (Vanden Borre yo) because he would never have cut it in the Prem and I've been playing Tunchev at left back but he's not going to have it so easy in the Prem. I have 2.5M to spend, any ideas?

Tunch did alright for me in the Prem when I stuck him at Left Back, to be fair.

You might want to have a look around the top clubs' reserves and consider a few loan bids, 2.5m isn't really much for Premiership quality.

huntelaar on 3 in 4 so far, griezmann also on 3 in 4, when that makes them joint second top scorers for me in the league it's pretty clear i have a goal scoring problem.

Mensah is unbelievibly injury-prone.

Told you - monster!

Not on mine. Spelt it right?

Is Pulhac still available? I used to buy him in the previous versions as a cheap left back. There's also Jorge Ribeiro from Benfica I believe.

I signed a young Ukranian centre mid called Denys Garmash, he is an absolute beast in games but he keeps injuring all my other players in training!!! :doh:

lol

I only ever see that in the youth team really. No offence but that's pretty hilarious.

lol

I only ever see that in the youth team really. No offence but that's pretty hilarious.

Yep until this game with Villa i'd only ever seen it in the youth team, but this guy has managed to injure Agbonlahor, Rafael and Lukaku in the space of a month!!!! He is only 20 so hopefully he'll learn not to kick the crap out of his team mates in the near future lol

2-0 L Man City

2-1 W Sunderland

2-0 W Port Vale (Cup)

0-0 D Liverpool

1-1 D Newcastle

2-0 W Sheffield United (Cup)

Quite happy with my start so far. My wage bill is actually less than my budget for like the first time ever too!

Archived