Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Started with Liverpool, did unbelievably bad and got sacked just after Christmas when we were starting to find some form. After 15 games we'd scored 9 goals. Was about 14th when I got sacked. Got the Stockport job just after they'd got relegated to the Conference. Inherited some decent players, put together a new backroom staff team and signed some apparent Welshman called Thomas Gregg Lopes da Silva. Also signed Carl Cort and Patrick Suffo aswell as good players for this less such as Ryan Valentine, Chris Carruthers and some Estonian centre back called Stepanov or something..

Also have this Hungarian striker called Andras Simon. I found that he'd followed me from Liverpool.. hes the mardiest guy ever lol. It all started when literally an hour (gametime) after id joined the club. I noticed he was our star player so I had a private chat and asked him what his concerns are. He said that he thinks the club are underachieving and blames my man management skills. I had a little bitch back but despite me trying to apologise etc. our relationship has totally broken down lol Everytime I go to start a new private chat with him his first comment is "So, what have I done now?" lol Infact its gotten to the point where he doesnt wanna talk to me.

birmingham have gone into overdrive, from 8 points from 27 games and 17 off safety to 17 points and 8 off safety after 30 games.

Title race is starting to peter out now though, 6 points ahead of arsenal and 7 ahead of manure (although both have a game in hand)

My second season with Southampton is going pretty well with 7 wins from 12 considering I was only given 200k to spend by the board.

I signed Michael Kightly for £100k and brought in Michael Jansen, Christian Obodo, Evander Sno, Morten Nordstrand, Paul Robinson, Maurizio Lauro, Juan Rodriguez and Juan Pablo Carrizo.

So my team looks like this:

Carrizo

Yakubu - DeMerit - Jansen - Robinson

Sno

Rodriguez - Obodo

Kightly / Mcdermott - Griffiths - Lallana

---

Looks a pretty devastating team when they fully gel together.

Currently i am 6th with my Leicester team and have gone to a 4 - 5 - 1

GK - Ricardo

RB - Naughton

CB - Hobbs

CB - Bamba

LB - PVA

DM - Bannan

CM - Cairney

AM - King

AMR - Etuhu

AML - Gallagher

CF - Vassell

Vassell has 17 league goals so far, King has 6, Gallagher has 5 and the others are shared, i think Hobbs has 3... Etuhu was a panic buy as Dyer just wasn't cutting it for me and i wish i'd have looked harder as i doubt Etuhu is gonna be any better! I've got Tiago Alves to come into the side aswell soon but he's a striker and Vassell is shit hot at the moment so a spell on the bench is probably gonna happen

signed mainly young french players in the summer transfer window, as they were all 4 1/2-5 stars potential. beat barca and chelsea to the signing of yaya sanogo! got kyle naughton and van aanholt permanently, and spent £11m on fred. he broke his foot in the first game of the season :|.

had an average start, but then went on a horrific run whilst naughton and fred were both out injured. in fred's first 2 games back, we had chelsea away followed by man utd away. he got a last minute pen to draw 1-1 at chelsea, then scored 2 in a 4-2 win at old trafford!! 4 wins on the trot now and i'm happy to finish the season in mid-table, and aim for europe next year.

This pisses me off no end. It was the same in the last game! Theres abother striker in the Brazillian league whose name escapes me at the moment but hes the same!

De Gea seems impossible to get. Are you thinking of Neymar?

De Gea seems impossible to get. Are you thinking of Neymar?

Played 4, won 4 on my Arsenal game. Yet to concend. Altough I did destroy a Welsh team called Bala Town in the British Cup I've created.

De Gea cost me 17m.

Sold Fabianski, Frimpong, Rosicky, Nasri, Song, Squillaci and a few youth players for the combined total of 42.5m.

Sold Fabianski, Frimpong, Rosicky, Nasri, Song, Squillaci and a few youth players for the combined total of 42.5m.

I swapped Arshavin for Rodwell.

David De Gea - £17m.

Landon Donavan - £7.5m.

Yassine El Ghanassy - £1.6m

Mathias Jorgensen - £1.5m

Per Mertesacker - £16m

Javier Pastore - £12m

It gives me a more balanced squad now. Incidently I left Leicester Fosse in League 2 and they are fiaring as well as they did on my game. Rooted to the bottom of the table!

I looked at Neymar, they wanted £30.5 million for him. I bulked at that sort of money.

Pastore is great for 12 million. Good business Sly.

I've always ended up paying £25m+ for him in other games. This is the first time I've played with a big team from the start.

De Gea cost me 17m.

I looked at Neymar, they wanted £30.5 million for him. I bulked at that sort of money.

Matching De Gea's release clause is simple enough, and he seems to keep it as long as he's at At. Madrid, but he won't even negotiate with you if you're not highly reputable or at one of the elite clubs in Europe. Even in my Leicester game he won't even consider coming, despite all the trophies and worldwide reputation.

Neymar costs around 20-25mil at the start, but it's really the wages that are exorbitant! And they get worse for every season with his 25% wage hike he gets.

I can never sign Fred.

Believe me mate, you don't wanna. Hes' got 6 in 11 for me, and after having a 10 game run in the squad after his broken his foot, he's torn his calf muscle and is out for the rest of the season. absolutely quality player when he's playing, but is eating up my wages in the treatment room.

FFS! Chris gunters fitness on this is atrocious, the backup i signed (shaemus coleman) isn't much better, arrives out for two weeks due to an injury picked up while on loan at leeds, then ends up out for another month after picking up an injury in his first training session.

FFS! Chris gunters fitness on this is atrocious, the backup i signed (shaemus coleman) isn't much better, arrives out for two weeks due to an injury picked up while on loan at leeds, then ends up out for another month after picking up an injury in his first training session.

Try purchasing Henri Lansbury and Seamus Coleman and seeing them both break their leg after one game and both be out for 9 months <_<

To be fair if you sign Neymar at the start and get lucky with training and whatnot he becomes unstoppable.

I'm going to try and sign him in the January transfer window if I can.

I'm firing on all cyclinders with my Arsenal team, which is quite suprising as I thought I'd be struggling to make top 4 as I've taken away most of the top talent.

On a side note .... how woeful is Chamakh!

Oh it went all pear shaped for me!

I was doing so well we hit a unbelievable (Jeff) run of form and it got me into second place, 4 games left i thought i had it in the bag.. The last 4 games what happened? i won 1 game and ended up 3rd with Burnley going up..i was gutted and worried then for form going into the play-offs and i was right!

Got spanked 6-2 at Cardiff (worst defeat all season in such a big game, typical!!) but won 3-1 at home but it was over i'd lost 7-5 on agg.. I actually stared at the screen for like 2 mins wondering what had gone wrong haha

But it gets worse...

Burnley of all ****ing teams put in a bid of 5 mil for King, the board go over my head and sell him..tons of other players leave (loanees, fringe players, etc) and i'm left now with about 11 first teamers and the rest are rubbish reserves.. I did sign Nathaniel Clyne but that's now killed my budget and i'm in desperate need of a LB to come in as i don't wanna play Berner and have him as back up, i need a back up RB a first choice defensive midfielder and that should be ok.. So people please i'm begging ya give me some suggestions, it will have to be loans as i'm more or less done with my transfer budget!

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Burnley of all ****ing teams put in a bid of 5 mil for King, the board go over my head and sell him..tons of other players leave (loanees, fringe players, etc) and i'm left now with about 11 first teamers and the rest are rubbish reserves.. I did sign Nathaniel Clyne but that's now killed my budget and i'm in desperate need of a LB to come in as i don't wanna play Berner and have him as back up, i need a back up RB a first choice defensive midfielder and that should be ok.. So people please i'm begging ya give me some suggestions, it will have to be loans as i'm more or less done with my transfer budget!

Exactly how much did you spend on Clyne?! And have you sold Lamey?

Leftbacks that should come cheap: Manuel Pamic, Leandro Grimi, Christian Pulhac, Francis N'Ganga

Def Mid: Niklas Hoheneder, Blasi (if he wants to come), Arijan Ademi. And if you can afford them, Adam Vass, Radosav Petrovic

Backup RB's: look through the Premier league reserves...

Exactly how much did you spend on Clyne?! And have you sold Lamey?

Leftbacks that should come cheap: Manuel Pamic, Leandro Grimi, Christian Pulhac, Francis N'Ganga

Def Mid: Niklas Hoheneder, Blasi (if he wants to come), Arijan Ademi. And if you can afford them, Adam Vass, Radosav Petrovic

Backup RB's: look through the Premier league reserves...

Well the board give me a transfer budget for the season of 3 mil and i caved in and spent 2.5 on Clyne! probably not my best move i tell ya.. Ohhhh i think Lamey is still there actually haha, so he could be my back up again

Cheers for them suggestions mate, you could have saved my upcoming season and job! If i get promoted, etc i'll make sure i'll add a made up quote in one of the press conferences about a scout called shen saving us! lol.. Dunno what happens actually when you put in something yourself?

Well the board give me a transfer budget for the season of 3 mil and i caved in and spent 2.5 on Clyne! probably not my best move i tell ya.. Ohhhh i think Lamey is still there actually haha, so he could be my back up again

Cheers for them suggestions mate, you could have saved my upcoming season and job! If i get promoted, etc i'll make sure i'll add a made up quote in one of the press conferences about a scout called shen saving us! lol.. Dunno what happens actually when you put in something yourself?

it does register it - i was fuming about a ref and may have said something along the lines of "He's a complete ****wit, trust the ***** at the fa to think he's competent enough for this league" - and it can up as "Proudman then launched into a stream of expletives, saying - "statement""

My point with Neymar though, is that by the time you've spent a couple of years training him up then I guarantee there will be regens in the game (available for cheaper) that outclass him.

The same can't be said for other youngsters like Lukaku and Babacar.

Archived