Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JoeyB

Football Manager 2011

Started with Liverpool, did unbelievably bad and got sacked just after Christmas when we were starting to find some form. After 15 games we'd scored 9 goals. Was about 14th when I got sacked. Got the Stockport job just after they'd got relegated to the Conference. Inherited some decent players, put together a new backroom staff team and signed some apparent Welshman called Thomas Gregg Lopes da Silva. Also signed Carl Cort and Patrick Suffo aswell as good players for this less such as Ryan Valentine, Chris Carruthers and some Estonian centre back called Stepanov or something..

Also have this Hungarian striker called Andras Simon. I found that he'd followed me from Liverpool.. hes the mardiest guy ever lol. It all started when literally an hour (gametime) after id joined the club. I noticed he was our star player so I had a private chat and asked him what his concerns are. He said that he thinks the club are underachieving and blames my man management skills. I had a little bitch back but despite me trying to apologise etc. our relationship has totally broken down lol Everytime I go to start a new private chat with him his first comment is "So, what have I done now?" lol Infact its gotten to the point where he doesnt wanna talk to me.

got sacked at Stockport in feb 2012 despite being 6th in the table. got the job at Burton Albion at the end of the season (exact same situation as the Stockport one, taking over just after they'd been relegated to the Conference) Signed Ben Alnwick, Marcus Haber, Adam Chambers, Steve Maclean, aswell as inheriting players such as Adam Bolder and Romone Rose. Lost my first 3 games 1-2 but have started to pick up since

Won the last three games 3 - 0, 4 - 0 and 4 - 1 to finish one point inside play offs. Bristol City in the semis, home leg won 5 - 1, away drew 3 - 3. Sheff Utd in the final - won 6 - 1. Wild scenes at wembley. A crazy end to the season.

New season in the prem, £40m to spend after Top's Dad invested £12m and we got £40m tv money. Squad depleted after all my loans went back. Bought WB/L Alex Sandro from Sao Paulo for £11m, Mauro Boselli from Wigan for £3m (to replace Yak who went to Stoke) and then a couple of cheap utility players for <£1m on scout recommendations. Loaned Cesar Azpilicueta for the season at right back.

Also tried to buy Labyad but Man City wanted £12m. Loaned him for the season instead with a £7m future fee option :ph34r:

Relegated on the last day of the season, lost the last three games and confirmed relegated when Forest, who were 18th, scored a 90th minute winner in their last game to leap frog us and dump us into 18th on goal difference. Killer.

Alex Sandro was crap, Cesar Azpilicueta was crap, Labyad was crap. Boselli was good but injury prone, scored 12 goals. Adam Lallana is quality on the left wing. Also bought Alex Chamberlain but he was too young to make an impact. Him, Connor Wickham and my two young regen south american flair players are going to rip it up in the championship next season.

Bamba, the fool, reckons he deserves to move to a bigger club. He will be sold and replaced at the back by Jordon Spence.

Relegated on the last day of the season, lost the last three games and confirmed relegated when Forest, who were 18th, scored a 90th minute winner in their last game to leap frog us and dump us into 18th on goal difference. Killer.

Alex Sandro was crap, Cesar Azpilicueta was crap, Labyad was crap. Boselli was good but injury prone, scored 12 goals. Adam Lallana is quality on the left wing. Also bought Alex Chamberlain but he was too young to make an impact. Him, Connor Wickham and my two young regen south american flair players are going to rip it up in the championship next season.

Bamba, the fool, reckons he deserves to move to a bigger club. He will be sold and replaced at the back by Jordon Spence.

That is quite a blow. Sandro isn't great defensively, but how you got Azpilicueta to be crap, I don't know. Labyad is another like Sandro who turns out good a bit later in the game, but Jordan Spence should come good for you. Easily one of the best five English defenders four or five years in.

won league 1 with swindon 116 points :)

league 1 signingsjake livermore-loan

dusan sninsky -2k

ragnar sigurdsson 30k

milan ivana 40k (scored 20,assists 20,14 moms) player of the season now worth 2.1 million with valencia sniffing.

lee miller -loan

adriano basso -free

anthony bartholome -free

eddie nolan-loan

frank fielding -loan

alex nicholls 35k

samuel umtiti -free

gregoire puel -free

william le pogam -free (now worth 1.8 million with real madrid after him!)

top after 3 games in the championship, key players from last season shining yet again,ivana ,austin(with 34 goals to his name last season),cuthbert,sigurdsson. whole team playing quality.

beat relegated blackpool away 2-1

beat leicester 3-0 at home and beat cov 2-0 away.

bolton in the cup next,then onto west brom! should be tough

heres my squad.

adriano basso

zach boucher - free

eddie nolan - 50k

anthony bartholome

scott cuthbert

sol bamba -free :)

alan sheehan

anthony ousafane 200k

baldur sigurdsson

paul caddis

simon ferry

j.p mcgovern

michael jacobs -20k

daniel powell -10k

casper henningsen - 12k

andrea orlandi- 250k

bradley johnson - p/e with sean morrison, i recieved johnson and 900k! bargain!

ivan hodur -free

william le pogam

milan ivana

charlie austin

chris brown -25k

will hoskins -350k

davy brouwers -40k

with other youth players i spent 1m

sale of players brought in just short of 3 million :)

That is quite a blow. Sandro isn't great defensively, but how you got Azpilicueta to be crap, I don't know. Labyad is another like Sandro who turns out good a bit later in the game, but Jordan Spence should come good for you. Easily one of the best five English defenders four or five years in.

Played Azpilicueta at right back for the whole season. Tried a few different individual strategies with him but at the end of the season his average rating was around 6.4, the lowest of my regular first team players. Towards the end of the season I got hammered by injuries and started playing Sandro in between the defence and midfield in a deep lying playmaker role. Did notice an improvement so I think that's where he'll be playing next season.

Finally just purchased on Steam.

The download is going fine, but I have began downloading a megapack and apparently part 1 of 8 is going to take 2 hours? So is each part going to take this long??

Yep

I was just wondering what training schedule to use?? Last year I used Tug's and that was fine, but I'm unsure how it works on this version?

This is the training that I use.

after being bottom 6 games in (without having scored a goal haha), i thought i was heading down after 1 season in the prem. managed to turn it around and finish 9th, winning 8 of the last 10!!

got milan djuric and rafael toloi as my 2 big summer signings. back 4 of paul baysse, toloi, yanga mbwia and hulk (brazilian regen) has been absolutely solid so far. cairney has been quality as usual alongside king and verratti, with bollati/dabo (regen) sitting in front of the back 4. 8 games in and i'm 7th and hoping for europe this year. fraizer campbell is a beast. scored 36 goals in the past 2 seasons for me, and already has hit 9 in 8 this season.

Recently been playing in the Champs League, Prem, League Cup and FA Cup all right up to the latter stages of each and never struggled with fitness.

And I only ever have a 21 man squad. :unsure:

Same here. Though im using youre training schedule so thats no real suprise now thinking about it.

Need to get back on this. Now i've got a real people job again ive barely played it. I feel bad leaving England in the lurch like this! There a lovely bunch of lads ...

i have a conundrum - having beat italy and ukraine (2-0 in each) i lead the group going into the last game against sweden. Italy and sweden are both on 3 points after sweden beat ukraine and italy beat sweden. As the groups are sorted on head to head record i can't finish behind italy. However suppose italy and sweden win in the last games:

Italy can't finish behind sweden, I can't finish ahead of sweden and italy can't finish ahead of me, so who would go out supposing italy and sweden win?

i have a conundrum - having beat italy and ukraine (2-0 in each) i lead the group going into the last game against sweden. Italy and sweden are both on 3 points after sweden beat ukraine and italy beat sweden. As the groups are sorted on head to head record i can't finish behind italy. However suppose italy and sweden win in the last games:

Italy can't finish behind sweden, I can't finish ahead of sweden and italy can't finish ahead of me, so who would go out supposing italy and sweden win?

Try it lol

beat russia on pens, england in the semis - kenny miller with a tap in then rounding the keeper to add a second before half-time.

Dorrans goes off injured, on comes forrest, tears the left back to ribbons, cuts inside and is taken down by terry, penalty. McFadden steps up, drills it past the keeper. FT and we've beat england 3-0 - into the final to face portugal.

If anyone is starting a football manager career on iPod with a team in L2 or BSP, the strikers you want are Harris Vuckic (loan from Newcastle) Patrick Suffo, Marcello Trotta (loan) whilst playing 4-3-3, these strikers bag for fun in L2/BSP, and you can get them, also get McEachran.

When i got these strikers i won by 5-6 goals every game, easy easy.

beat russia on pens, england in the semis - kenny miller with a tap in then rounding the keeper to add a second before half-time.

Dorrans goes off injured, on comes forrest, tears the left back to ribbons, cuts inside and is taken down by terry, penalty. McFadden steps up, drills it past the keeper. FT and we've beat england 3-0 - into the final to face portugal.

lol how many reloads that lot take you in total?

lol how many reloads that lot take you in total?

lol - zilcho. (well technically one - i stopped halfway through russia to make dinner, goes into stand-by and whenever i try to make any changes after coming out of stand-by it crashes - was 2-0 at the point though so only reloaded because it crashed.)

Gonna rock my token yearly yoots (cheat) game taking a bunch of 12 year old wonderkids from league 2 to the prem. Shouldn't be many if any over 18.

GK: Luis Guilherme, Areola

DR: Vrsaljko, Aurier

DL: Digne, Wilson

DC: Figueiredo, Jones, Muniesa, Galeano

DM: Crisetig, M'Vila

AMC: McEachran, Lamela, Adryan

AMR: Iturbe, El Shaarwy

AML: Griezmann, Ananidze

ST: Muniain, Lukaku, Babacar, Wickham

In the words of the grat Richard Keys. I'm gonna smash it.

Currently sitting 5th entering February. Not too bad for a first crack, made some decent signings and played some good stuff. Been really inconsistent though; win 6 on the bounce then the next 6 is something like lose 3 draw 3 against lesser opposition too. Injuries are also hampering my progress... Yak out for 6 months early October after getting 12 in 13. Alex Smithies out for 3 months 3 game into the season. Now Vassell, Naughton and Dembele out for 6 weeks. Frustrating :frusty:

Kapo out for 5 months now too :dunno:

Added Kamara on the editor has got 6 goals in 5 games yakubu 7 goals in 4 games play kamara on the left and vassell with Yakubu sitting in 2nd

Leicester City 3 vs Portsmouth 1

Yakubu 2 Nugent

Kamara

Leicester City 5 vs Burton 1 LC

Waghorn Winnall

Vassell

Kamara 2

Yakubu

Derby 0 vs Leicester 2

Yakubu

King

Leicester City 4 vs Watford 2

Yakubu 3 Graham 2

Kamara

Leicester City 2 vs Burnley 2

Kamara 2 Austin

Alexander

now Bamba is out for 4 months this is ridiculous!! On the flip side, Just beat Swansea 5-1 at home to end their 23 game unbeaten streak, they will still win the league with ease though. Watford are bottom with 6 draws and 0 wins... 0 wins and its now March!! Even more insane Malky Mackay is still in a job :blink:

This is insane!!! Currently Bamba, Church, Dembele, Wag, Gally, Dyer, Smithies, Ricardo, PVA, Naughton and Hobbs all injured.... is this down to training schedule? im using the schedule DB uses??

Archived