Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

FIFA 11

Well Ive been playing career mode a while....well most of yesterday and into the early hours of this morning :)

Brought Joe Lewis from P'Boro for £1mil and its will worth it, he's already gone to 70 already and its only coming to the end of september. got a niffty forward in too, Lorrando, only 22 and is a peter crouch looking player, real good signing and was a free too

Getting increasingly frustrated at f00king goons quitting online. EA Sports needs to put a stop to this and remove that bloody forfeit option or ban people from playing online if they quit.

Which is why I rarely play online. I've sat there for a whole game in which I've been thrashed but have never quitted a game.

Agreed about 1 on 1's seeming hard, maybe i need more pratice yet. Losing most 5* games online but doing quite well with the likes of city, Bolton (random pick!), Wolfsburg etc.

A dozen games yesterday and nobody was Chelsea.

I think they have definitely made it a lot harder to lob the keeper in 1 on 1 situations. It would seem that you just have to keep your composure and slot it round the keeper using R1 (for PS3) and a slight tap of the shot button.

That's worked for me on a couple of occassions anyway.

As an aside, who are you using in the Arena?

Currently using Erica Cantona with Peter Shilton in goal :wub:

Had a stunning game last night against Sunderland in the 3rd round of the Carling Cup. Went 1-0 down early on, Darren Bent for a change, but got into it more as the game went on. Played some lovely stuff but just couldn't get it in the back of the net. Next thing, Steve knocks down a cross for Lloyd who buries it, 1-1. Went into extra time, 3 changes. Fryatt was one of them, and in the 120th minute he gets sent through by King and tucks it home :wub: But then from kick off Lee Cattermole had a shot that deflected off of Hobbs, then hit the post and trickled over the line :cry:

Then the most ridiculous shootout i've ever seen. Finished 7-6 in the end, Chris Weale missing the crucial 11th penalty lol!

Great game though, loving career mode. Sitting 2nd just behind Cardiff after 8 games, won 6 drew 1 lost 1. Howard top scorer in the league with 8, including 2 hat tricks! lol

went up to world class for fifa 11 1st game in career mode was Burnley away where i was battered for the best part but managed to get a 2 goal lead. they pulled one back and it was like the later stages of the scunny game with my back against the wall, hung on tho :) love the new pens on it i can actually put them right in the corner now :)

Any more leicester chants? really want Get Into 'Em **** 'em up and Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester,

Leicester, Leicester, Leicester, Leicester,

Leicester, Leicester...

I think it's worth getting. It feels a little more like fifa 10 online than i thought based on the demo, but it's still true about having to work harder to create chances. I also like that it's slightly harder but more rewarding/effective to keep possession well.

Won 1-0 with city against a Cardiff fan and beat a Gillingham fan 3-2 with Barnet - much more satisfying than winning with Barcelona or somebody.

Archived