Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

FIFA 11

Having a rant...

Things that annoy me about Fifa 11...

1. The manager mode screen is so small, unless you have a 30+ inch tv you cant make out what half the writing says.

2. The defenders just nudge your players off the ball, i have a 75 rated striker and playing against a 61 defender he will keep up with me and nudge me off the ball every time.

3. Why do you always have to bid above the price, why cant players just accept the price they are worth.

4. Player growth is shit.

5. Player change is shit

6. Passing is good how you have to time it but annoying that it can sometimes go no where near you want it to.

Rant over.

Apart from that its a good game :)

I play a mixture of semi and manual controls, it definitely makes the game better once you get over the initial learning curve. Still not quite up to legendary with Leicester but 2nd in the league world class. Chris Brunt and Alan Gatagov have been great loans for me.

Just to re-address the player growth issue - it's seriously fooked up. Big Steve has 11 in 14 games on mine and his rating has gone down two overall, so it's not just a case of the u-24's getting screwed over. Very disappointing and surely not too much to fix in an update?

Ive had 5 0-0's in a row now after battering teams for 90minutes. Im gonna hurt someone soon.

No doubt you'll lose your next game 6-1.

Ive had 5 0-0's in a row now after battering teams for 90minutes. Im gonna hurt someone soon.

With City?

I had the same for a while. Tried 4-2-3-1 formation?

I currently have:

----------------Weale

Lamey---Tunch---Hobbs----Berner

--------Abe-------Wellens

N'Guessan-----------C.Brunt

-------------- King

------------Waggy

As my starting 11

I switch the wingers round between Gallagher/Gatagov/Dyer/Chambers. I also play 6 (formerly 7) min halves which seems to allow you to tire the oppo out with passing play, I now tend to score a lot of late goals because it's easier to keep the ball in this formation. I'm having fun with the game now after initially feeling frustrated like you seem to do, so I hope this helps.

Villa are the boys on this, I have a huge man crush on Carew and Agbonlahor. Oh, and Ireland is absolute quality.

Tottenham are good aswell, they are such a quick team on it. Bring in Dempsey and a striker in replacement for crouch and you have a great team.

Have to agree with the offside thing. Even when your running the other way he'll blow for offside. its so fooking annoying.

Thing EA need to release a patch to sort out all the crap thats going on with it. Are they just starting to get sloppy with there games?? They've already got there fanbase which'll buy the game every year without fail (wanted to pretend i wouldnt buy it and get it for xmas instead, lasted till the monday after it came out and bought it pre0owned from blockbusters).

Oh and the other thing that annoyed me was that if you buy the game second hand and the original owners have used the code to go online you have to pay more money to go online!! robbing bastards.

Although Danny Pacheco is a cracking little striker (had him on load from Liverpool for a season) just annoying that you cannot put in an offer to buy a player after you've loaned them for a year. Also got D. Beckham out on the right for City. Signed him stupidly easily.

You trying to play Paulo Sousa football? :P

What I do is knock the ball around about 7-8 times, and work your way up the pitch, then play a lovely through ball for the strikers to hook onto.

I agree Tottenham are good, So are West Ham, they play fast football. Man City are over-rated, If your playing as man city, I'd suggest changing the tactics, it's difficult to score more than one with just Tevez upfront.

I play a mixture of semi and manual controls, it definitely makes the game better once you get over the initial learning curve. Still not quite up to legendary with Leicester but 2nd in the league world class. Chris Brunt and Alan Gatagov have been great loans for me.

Just to re-address the player growth issue - it's seriously fooked up. Big Steve has 11 in 14 games on mine and his rating has gone down two overall, so it's not just a case of the u-24's getting screwed over. Very disappointing and surely not too much to fix in an update?

thought player growth was based on age i.e. after they reach a certain point the rating goes down so big steve losing rating should be expected.

Archived