Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

FIFA 11

• 2 weeks later...

Mario Balotelli has proven to be the missing jigsaw piece for my Milan side on this. Find him much more effective than Torres, only cost about £20 million, too.

Current side:

De Gea

Cissokho Silva Ciani Tremoulinas

Marchisio

Ronaldinho

Robinho Pato Balotelli Giovinco

SUBS:

Pirlo

Neymar

Vela

Tafer

Torres

Rossi

Giovinco's overall rating shoots up by about ten on the wing, for some reason, his pace / agility are right weapons. Wanted to buy Navas but he was too expensive, and opted for Giovinco over Capel.

Thinking about ditching Robinho and drafting in either Capel or Guardado though.

Balotelli just bundles through everyone on this, it's awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally getting somewhere in my Leicester manager career , just starting my 4th season playing it on world class now normally i find this level pretty beatable and easy with my good UT save but with leicester every match is really hard work but makes winning more enjoyable.

Couple point of interest id like to mention ;

1- What with the loan system being all messed up? Where after a loaned player goes back you cannot sign in summer because it says he as only just joined the club. Also just noticed a loan player from last season is now permanent when i did not sign him lol ( Also happened with Ben Mee )

2- Finally starting to get a decent squad although i am still having to heavily bolster my squad with loans . Just spent nearly all my budget on Neymar ( 16.5mi) awsome player 3 in 2 so far .

3. Won the league for the first time last season so am in CL but just found out group and talk about group of death, it is as follows Juventus, Real Madrid, Ajax :( .

4- Alex Smithes is now a 77 GK worth 3m awsome growth think he still only 22/23 lol .

Just went on a 21 unbeaten streak, 22nd game, I'm 2-0 up and my controller decides to disconnect from the xbox so there's me trying to get it to connect again, the lad scores 2-1, scores again 2-2 I finally get my controller to reconnect and he scores with Klose in the 90th minute to win 3-2. Re matched him, was beating him 4-1, just as the ball goes into the back of the net for my 5th goal he quits. ****ing willy puller.

Just went on a 21 unbeaten streak, 22nd game, I'm 2-0 up and my controller decides to disconnect from the xbox so there's me trying to get it to connect again, the lad scores 2-1, scores again 2-2 I finally get my controller to reconnect and he scores with Klose in the 90th minute to win 3-2. Re matched him, was beating him 4-1, just as the ball goes into the back of the net for my 5th goal he quits. ****ing willy puller.

Should always have your controllers charged up :P

Should always have your controllers charged up :P

Controllers were fully charged believe it or not, it done the disconnecting thing when you first buy the console and have to press both buttons to get the controller to connect :(

78 goals scored, 14 conceed. I'll take that

Doing 2 player-manager modes, one with Leicester, one with Man City.

Leicester one, I am around 8th in the premiership (second season), but I do have two games in hand. Obviously I am playing on legendary difficulty.

For Man City, I signed Nasri, Vidal, Song and Modric. I am top of the league by 9 points with 9/10 games to go. Next season I'll need to buy a striker and I'd like some better cover defenders.

My online record is something like 30 wins, 1 draw, 7 losses. Would just like to point out two of these losses were my mate playing on my 360, not me.

Guest Mee-9

Couple of games against Mee from here earlier :)

Won't mention the score's though fella :whistle:

I got hammered. Twice.

I was having a more than decent game playing as the goalkeeper for Atletico Madrid vs. Real Madrid.

I did nothing wrong, had a clean sheet up until then, when shortly into the second half, I get told that my team captain had kicked me out of the team.

WTF??

Doing 2 player-manager modes, one with Leicester, one with Man City.

Leicester one, I am around 8th in the premiership (second season), but I do have two games in hand. Obviously I am playing on legendary difficulty.

For Man City, I signed Nasri, Vidal, Song and Modric. I am top of the league by 9 points with 9/10 games to go. Next season I'll need to buy a striker and I'd like some better cover defenders.

My online record is something like 30 wins, 1 draw, 7 losses. Would just like to point out two of these losses were my mate playing on my 360, not me.

What's your gamertag? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Going to bed with my Mlada Boleslav team in the semi-finals of the Europa League, on Legendary. Got Porto to face, then either Manyoo or Lyon in the final.

I feel an enormous sense of achievement, it's a mission when you've got zero spends and your side is comprised of freebies and players from Scandinavia / Korea / Mexico. Managed to bag David Odonkor on a free who is lightning, almost as quick as Derese Bannock off Cool Runnings.

The Czech treble is on.

The online mode is seriously flawed.

Just recently gotten into playing as a GK.

One match, I concede two goals and my rating drops from 6.0 to 3.5 and then 1.6. WTF?? 2.5 and 1.9 for letting a goal in??

In another match, I already start out at a 5.8 (!), then my teammate scores and my rating drops to 5.2 (!!). WTF? Then the other team puts one past me and I'm suddenly down to 3.1 (!!!).

I'm sorry EA, but where's the logic in that???

And why is it that your servers still can't handle the demand? It takes me an average of about ten attempts before I can actually play an online game!

And why are there still games with extreme lag? Games that still go on, even if my button movements are executed with a two to three-second delay?? It can be so unplayable!!

Either the connection gets lost or the opposition drops out in the team selection menu. WTF??

Best thing, however, is when the clock freezes in the Position Select menu - and nothing moves any longer!!!

And why is it that I am sometimes assigned random players in an online match even if I'm competing with my Virtual Player???

EA!!! WTF!!!

And why do you still show two-week old Premier League scores at the bottom?? Sort it out!!

(Rant over ph34r.gif)

Is it me that thinks Barcelona are too weak on fifa? Finishing and skill wise they are quality apart from that they are weak. Puyol, Pique, Abidal and Alves are all ok I suppose. Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Villa & Pedro all weak on the ball and this isn't the case in real life?

Is it me that thinks Barcelona are too weak on fifa? Finishing and skill wise they are quality apart from that they are weak. Puyol, Pique, Abidal and Alves are all ok I suppose. Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Villa & Pedro all weak on the ball and this isn't the case in real life?

I just think it's the dynamics of the game. IRL Messi can dribble and turn because he's so agile, but that counts for little in FIFA. As soon as the defender is within playing distance of the ball, he is able to just bash Messi around, and whoever's controlling him can't turn around as the game doesn't allow it!

Ofc, when you play the AI, there are no physical limitations (on them) so agility is good then :P

I just think it's the dynamics of the game. IRL Messi can dribble and turn because he's so agile, but that counts for little in FIFA. As soon as the defender is within playing distance of the ball, he is able to just bash Messi around, and whoever's controlling him can't turn around as the game doesn't allow it!

I think this kind of thing might be addressed in 12 with the tackling system changed and the 'precision dribbling' they've been working on.

The connection with your opponent has been lost

frusty.giffrusty.giffrusty.gif

If I'm lucky, I get to play one out of ten Pro Ranked matches. What's happening?

EA truly grind my gears.

And why is it that sometimes I have to play as the goalkeeper from another guy who quit the game before it started?

And why do I need to receive so many messages (getting close to spamming) from other players looking for a club every time I try to get on a Pro Ranked match?

If I'm lucky, I get to play one out of ten Pro Ranked matches. What's happening?

EA truly grind my gears.

And why is it that sometimes I have to play as the goalkeeper from another guy who quit the game before it started?

And why do I need to receive so many messages (getting close to spamming) from other players looking for a club every time I try to get on a Pro Ranked match?

I had that problem of opponent lost but it turns out it wasnt EA, it was the ports on my internet werent set to the best option. FIFA was the only game that it ever caused an issue on though.

EA truly grind my gears.

Crash your Router, go to Test Xbox live connection and then do that. When it says it is ok then your internet will be 'Open' so you will have a lot better chance of getting in a game. Worked for me, anyhow :thumbup:

Archived