Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

FIFA 11

Yea i just tried it. Pretty cool. I reckon handballs would get annoying though you can't really stop it from happening.

Ah right, I was thinking the other day about whether handballs would be good or not, I suppose it adds to realism but if it prevented an important chance then it'd be pretty annoying.

Played the demo loads the first night it came out, just waiting now to either get it on release day or 'acquire' it pre-release. :ph34r:

What can you do with this net tension then? is it like having different nets? Ones what have the triangles in the corner and the goals what are rectangle shape?

Steel_Football_Goals.jpg

These nets annoy me when I have to go and check them whilst running the line <_<

Been messing around on the demo and I have to agree with the penalty point (every game ends 0 - 0 so I've seen a lot of them!)

I'm guessing it's just like plenty of arcade games, I have to stop the slider in the middle to get the right amount of power? Fair enough. It's clearly a little flawed but at least it's understandable.

But then someone explain to me direction? I'm supposed to aim with the left stick, yes? I assume that the more I push it the further in that direction I'm aiming it? So then someone tell me why I can be only edging it the tiniest amount yet consistently see the ball blaze wide?

And it's not even just me. The computer misses, on average, about three or four per shoot out a lot.

Been messing around on the demo and I have to agree with the penalty point (every game ends 0 - 0 so I've seen a lot of them!)

I'm guessing it's just like plenty of arcade games, I have to stop the slider in the middle to get the right amount of power? Fair enough. It's clearly a little flawed but at least it's understandable.

But then someone explain to me direction? I'm supposed to aim with the left stick, yes? I assume that the more I push it the further in that direction I'm aiming it? So then someone tell me why I can be only edging it the tiniest amount yet consistently see the ball blaze wide?

And it's not even just me. The computer misses, on average, about three or four per shoot out a lot.

Basically with the direction on this one you have to imagine that there's an aiming circle that starts in the middle. As you move it one way or the other it would obviously move so you can't afford to hold the analog stick one way or another for too long. So it's not really how much you move it left or right, but how long you leave it there for.

The new penalty system is definitely harder anyway.

Basically with the direction on this one you have to imagine that there's an aiming circle that starts in the middle. As you move it one way or the other it would obviously move so you can't afford to hold the analog stick one way or another for too long. So it's not really how much you move it left or right, but how long you leave it there for.

The new penalty system is definitely harder anyway.

Aaaaah, that makes a lot more sense. So tap it briefly at the same time as tapping the button?

I haven't played a football game since PES 2006, haha.

Aaaaah, that makes a lot more sense. So tap it briefly at the same time as tapping the button?

I haven't played a football game since PES 2006, haha.

No if you tap it then it'll go just off-centre. You need to hold it for a couple of seconds to get it in the corners. It's hard to judge how long you have to hold it for, usually I bottle it and end up half way between the centre and post. lol

No if you tap it then it'll go just off-centre. You need to hold it for a couple of seconds to get it in the corners. It's hard to judge how long you have to hold it for, usually I bottle it and end up half way between the centre and post. lol

Thanks bud that's useful, I'll give it a go later.

Will probably be getting this. The demo's pissing me off because I'm used to Pro Evo and being able to just run completely through everyone and now I have to actually pass through teams and 3 minute halves isn't enough to get to grips with it haha.

But I do enjoy it.

It's the same as WC2010 so here's the video. 'Basically' you have to aim with the left stick after you've pressed shoot, let go roughly just before the player kicks it. Imagine there's a target and it's gradually moving away from the centre of the goal, it will move faster the longer you leave it. If you start aiming too late it won't be able to move in time. There's actually a chance to turn the target on in the WC arena, so it should become more clear when you all get the game (when I can't afford it)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcsv6h_fifa-world-cup-2010-penalty-kick-bs_videogames

does anyone know where will be selling this the cheapest? asda did a 2day special last year but was out of sock after 8hours!! at £29.97

From what most people seem to tell me, ASDA is usually the cheapest after it releases.

Archived